Traditional or Intuitionally

Zephyros

Yes, the imagery of the RWS Judgment is that of the Marseille, as is the case with most of the Waite trumps. Without some acquaintance with Crowley's 'eschatological' use of Egyptian mythology, I really wonder what an intuitive reader could get out of Aeon. It would be like 'reading' a Rorschach inkblot, but maybe that's the way they read anyhow

I have faith that with time and work the Aeon could be fully understood intuitively. However, correlating Judgement to the Aeon, saying you're reading it intuitively and making a complete mess... well, that path leads to the Dark Side.

LRichard said:
ETA. If I'm not mistaken, doesn't Crowley regard the incarnation of the soul as the greatest possible sacrifice? Sounds suspiciously like esoteric Christianity. There is (understandably) a wisp of Christian ambience about the Thoth. An intuitive reader might latch onto this.

Far be it for me to propound upon what Crowley may or may not have said, but at any rate I feel confident in agreeing that he was highly influenced by Christianity. He used old Aeon symbols to explain the new, knowing that a completely new symbolic vocabulary would be both impenetrable and needless. Heck, he didn't even perform the Star Ruby, so entrenched was he in Osirian thinking, despite everything. As to the element of sacrifice, I'm even more on uneven ground, never having completely resolved the HM to my liking (although I blame myself for that). Still, I suppose it has to do with sex (obviously): losing oneself in the Beloved, losing yourself in every action as if it were an act of lovemaking, complete submission to Will, mooncakes, etc.