Pictures of readings

rmcfarron

So, I've started doing some readings for friends online. I tried to use my camera and my cell phone to take pictures so they can see the card layout. The pictures are very unclear and that's just with a 3 card reading. How do y'all do this so that the seeker can see the cards clearly? Any help would be appreciated.

Maja

Hey, wait... I wrote that o_O?

Maja

Ooh, sorry. My mistake :-s. I am just a bit confussed Today, lol

rmcfarron

Apparently we had the same idea at the same time!

rwcarter

I usually scan the cards in and attach with the reading, whether here or through email. Here we're limited on image size. In email I'm not as limited. If possible, I scan the cards in the layout I used. If not possible, then I might take a picture of the entire layout to give context and then include the individual cards or groups of cards to provide detail.

3ill.yazi

I've been using the Fools Dog app to record the layouts .

nisaba

When I only had my old, dead scanner and a poor-quality camera, they got poor-quality photos. Now that I've replaced my scanner, they get nice, crisp scans. Scanners are quite cheap now - I really recommend saving up for one. :)

Laura Borealis

I don't have a scanner, and my camera's pretty old, but I found I can get pretty decent photos if I put the cards down on some white paper and lay it out near a window with strong but indirect light. If you want to see some examples, I've attached a couple.

You could pretty them up with a nice spreadcloth or decorative paper, too. Or put a crystal alongside, that kind of thing.

Attachments

• vintage playing cards.jpg
    vintage playing cards.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 87
  • greenie_comparison_fools_and_boxes.JPG
    greenie_comparison_fools_and_boxes.JPG
    200.1 KB · Views: 87

seven stars

What I do when I can't get decent pix is make a graphic in paintshop. they tend to turn out a lot clearer & I can write on the image. Then I email all the details of the reading in writing.

Attachments

• spread for personal growth.jpg
    spread for personal growth.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 90

Tarot Orat

I lay the cards on a neutral, solid color background and take a picture from straight above, about 2-3 feet above the cards, to get the whole layout. Then I move the camera closer and take pics either of individual cards, or several cards together (partial layout), to get more detail.

I really wish I had a scanner, I think that would be the best solution, at least for small to midsize layouts that would fit on the scanner bed!