The Gravenchase Lenormand

blue_fusion

Another one...

Attachments

• WATERMARKED.jpg
    WATERMARKED.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 457

Nemia

I like it very much. It looks readable and beautiful, in a style of its own that doesn't overwhelm the Lenormand character.

blue_fusion

I like it very much. It looks readable and beautiful, in a style of its own that doesn't overwhelm the Lenormand character.

Thank you! Readability has become one of my main concerns for the deck, so whenever I draw the images, I keep on thinking how it would look like as a card in a grand tableau spread. I am glad that part of my efforts has been noticed :D

Nemia

Well we've seen this deck emerge here... a wonderful experience by the way. I wish it was easier to purchase your decks, I LOVE your style but in my part of the world, the shipping is simply too expensive. So I'm crossing fingers that you'll publish it somewhere with good international shipping costs... it will suit my beloved Maria Celia beautifully!

blue_fusion

Well we've seen this deck emerge here... a wonderful experience by the way. I wish it was easier to purchase your decks, I LOVE your style but in my part of the world, the shipping is simply too expensive. So I'm crossing fingers that you'll publish it somewhere with good international shipping costs... it will suit my beloved Maria Celia beautifully!

It really depends on interest in the deck. If I get a feasible amount of people, then I'll try to start an Indiegogo campaign since Ican't start a Kickstarter one from where I am at - yet. There is a workaround, but I'm still hammering the details on it so for this particular project, Indiegogo is likely the way to go. If that's the case, then I can maybe consider MPC as a printer - they are not based in the US so shipping costs are much more affordable.

I am glad you like the Maria Celia. It will be printed by USG hopefully next year. I made some small changes to the art and the layout. Hopefully it comes in a mini ish size since I think thag will suit the art style perfectly. :D

Thanks again!

-Ly

Nemia

Oh yes, and the most wonderful would be Maria Celia in a tin. It's a deck that reads greatly "on the go". And I have the feeling the Gravenchase will have the same quality - put it on the table wherever you are, read spontaneously.

blue_fusion

Oh yes, and the most wonderful would be Maria Celia in a tin. It's a deck that reads greatly "on the go". And I have the feeling the Gravenchase will have the same quality - put it on the table wherever you are, read spontaneously.

I am crossing my fingers for the tin as well. It really would be a nice thing to have a Marseille-inspired deck in a tin. :D But it really is up to USG.

I hope so too about the Gravenchase, that it will be a very readable deck for people, anywhere. Although I think Lenormands in general get less raised eyebrows from people in public because they don't look as... esoteric as tarot.

-Ly

blue_fusion

As I mentioned in the thread for Anino Lenormand, I delayed it's release so that it will coincide with that of the Gravenchase Lenormand's. I chose this so people interested in both can save on shipping when they order both. All the line art for the Gravenchase is finished, and I am in the process of coloring the remaining cards. Like Anino Lenormand, the deck will have an extra Man, Woman and Child cards, as well as a title card and an "about" card. Even with these extras, there will still be 13 extra cards which will be put to waste (the cost of printing a 54 card deck and a 41 card deck are the same), and like what I did with Anino Lenormand, I have resolved to turn these 13 extra cards into a separate zodiac oracle deck and include this as a freebie to the Gravenchase Lenormand.

Anyway, here is a card I haven't posted here yet. It's the Bird card of Gravenchase Lenormand side by side with its Anino Lenormand counterpart.

Happy weekend, folks. :)

-Ly

Attachments

• BIRDS SAMPLE.jpg
    BIRDS SAMPLE.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 337

Village Witch

They are both stunning!

blue_fusion

They are both stunning!

Thank you! :)

Here are two other cards I have not shared here yet. Fresh off oven, so to speak. I am trying to push myself to finish the deck within the month (but also to do so while still maintaining the images' quality). Anyway, do they remind you folks of an old Disney film? :D

Attachments

• GRAVENCHASE_FOX_AND_HOUND.jpg
    GRAVENCHASE_FOX_AND_HOUND.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 317