Sun on the Death Card

ArcanoMáximo

Thanks Dulcimer! And RChMI !
Actualy even when RChMI forgot to reply here even has been kind enough to answer me by PM some days ago, but i guess here is better cause for sure must there be someone else neither knowing it ( at least that i hope, i don't wanna be the only "alchemically ignorant" LOL!)

rainwolf

Thinking about the placement in the deck, I personally think its setting, because the cards that follow seem to test the dark side of life (14-15-16) until we get to hope (17) and it is finally the darkest part before the dawn (18) and then finally the dawn (19).

I think card 12 even supports this because it shows going within, where we will test ourselves more than anything on the outside could do so.

ArcanoMáximo

What?! Wait A Minute!!!!!!!

james the younger said:
As a matter of fact,Pamela wrote Julies name on one of the major arcana cards.It's there as plain as day
Hi james!
And Welcome to AT !!!!
What an entrance, btw.
Please excuse this parenthesis but is amazing to me what you are saying...
o.k, there goes the question...
which is the Mayor Arcana card where the name "Julies" is ?
I already know "Curiosity kill the cat", but, what the heck!...
I'm Tarotist, i'm always curious :D !!!!
and,
which's her web site?

RChMI

rainwolf said:
Thinking about the placement in the deck, I personally think its setting, because the cards that follow seem to test the dark side of life (14-15-16) until we get to hope (17) and it is finally the darkest part before the dawn (18) and then finally the dawn (19).

I think card 12 even supports this because it shows going within, where we will test ourselves more than anything on the outside could do so.
But having the Sun as rising can be seen as giving one hope that even though the dark night of the soul is being entered into, all is not lost for there will be a new dawning to come. More of a commentary on the scene rather than a physical depiction.

rainwolf

Since I attribute Death to scorpio, I would say that this death is needed to rid the body, and therefore the sun setting, ending. I don't think this is a question of hope as it is of necessity; this leads to the spiritual quest of temperance and beyond.

retiredguy

Sun on Death card again

I just read Thirteen's writings on the Death card. He says it is a new
sun rising. Read his description to find out why. Just click Learn at
the top of the screen. Then click Tarot card meanings.

Dulcimer

retiredguy said:
I just read Thirteen's writings on the Death card. He says it is a new
sun rising...

Well, I'm afraid Thirteen is wrong lol.

I'm begining to think that this is a thread without end.
I can see myself in 10 years time, on page 3469, still trying to argue that the damned sun is setting! lol

tarobones

no offense

No offense, but I trust Thirteen's interpretations. That course is wonderful!

rainwolf

No offense to thirteen, as I have read the interpretations and they are good, but it is a picture and it does not move and it is open to discussion. Thirteen's interpretation is not set in stone and these interpretations are open to change.

I also agree that the sun is setting, because of what follows the Death card, and also the correspondances of the card lead me to believe this.

Dulcimer

tarobones said:
No offense, but I trust Thirteen's interpretations.

No offense taken, dear heart. But I'm sure Thirteen would be the first to say that you shouldn't take anyone's interpretation as gospel. Trusting in a teacher is important when you are learning, but eventually you will make discoveries for yourself and will leave the teacher behind. That is as it should be. Experience will teach you what works for you. And experience is what has lead myself and many others to see the sun as setting. I believe Thirteen to be wrong in this matter and I, and others, have very good reasons for doing so. But arguing the pros and cons is half the joy!