Relationship Compatibility Spread

nodntap

Relationship Compatibility Spread

I was toying the other night with a spread that's a little different. It could be used for a couple of different things but mostly as a 'relationship compatibility' type spread. You can add as many 'levels' as you like and each level of the spread will contain 4 cards. You can go with a single level of 4 cards or as many as 5 or 6 [or more] levels of 4 cards each.

Shuffle and cut as normal. When you are ready deal out the cards in the following manner.

Spread Layout [per level]
1 . 4

For a visual on the spread layout see:
http://nodntap.bravehost.com/compatibility_spread1.shtml

The two ~outside cards~ [card #1 and #4] represent the 'Strengths' of the two people [things] involved in the question/relationship question. Card #1 is the Seekers Strengths and card #4 the Partner [or others] Strengths.

The two ~inside cards~ [Cards #2 and #3] represent their respective 'weaknesses'. But you read the Seekers 'strengths' to their parnters weaknesses and vise-versa see below for other ways to read the different cards in each level].

Card #1: Seekers Strengths
Card #2: Partners [others] Weaknesses

Card #3: Seekers Weaknesses
Card #4: Partners [others] Strengths.

Now I'm really hoping folks can see the power of this spread but just in case you don't here are some clues and things/ways to look at and read the different cards.

Ways to Read the Cards
You can compare the seekers strengths with the partners weaknesses.
You can compare the partners strengths with the seekers weaknesses.
You can compare the seeker's strengths with the partners strengths.
You can compare the seeker's weaknesses with the partners weaknesses.
Compare the seekers strengths to their weaknesses.
Compare the partners strengths to their weaknesses.
It's easy to apply elemental dignities to the cards in whatever manner
you choose by simply 'pairing the cards'.

Let's say you stop right here at level #1. Let's call this first level the 'General Compatibility' of the relationship.

General Compatibility
1 . 4

You can now add as many levels to the spread as you like - it's entirely up to you.

General Compatibility
1 . 4

Emotional Compatibility
5 . 8

Sexual Compatibility
9 ... 12

And so on.

For a visual see:
http://nodntap.bravehost.com/compatibility_spread_big.shtml

Note #1: If you do numerology totals; total each lever individually to get and overview of that level. Then add the totals for each level for a complete numerological overview.

By comparing the different levels of compatibility you should end up with a very good idea of whether the relationship will be successful or not.

Example: If the Sexual Compatibility Level is good but the other levels bite then the relationship is based strictly on physical attraction and probably won't last after the sex wears thin.

You can pick up the cards after each level and reshuffle and cut for each level and read them one level at a time - but I like to do all the levels at one time [a single shuffle and cut].

I recommend that you do NOT try to read between the different levels [if you use more than one] unless you are very, very experienced with the tarot. In other words after you have dealt out all the levels you plan to use [say 3] you could compare all three [3] of the seekers strengths cards to see what you can discover, as well as all of their weakness cards. The same is true for the partner.

Note #2: What you call the different levels [if you chose to use more than one level] and how you read and perceive them is entirely up to you!!!

Note #3: I devopled this spread, and the imagery was obtained using the Orphalese Tarot Program - which I highly recommend.

http://www.orphalese.net/index.aspx

Enjoy

Don S.
[Tarot Studies]

Thoraofthenorth

Very interesting!

Just the spread I was looking for! I will definitly keep the level concept when making spreads as well...it sounds superb.

Thanks for sharing

Thora

nodntap

Thoraofthenorth said:
Very interesting!

Just the spread I was looking for! I will definitly keep the level concept when making spreads as well...it sounds superb.

Thanks for sharing

Thora

I'm glad at least one person seems to think the spread is worthy of consideration.

Don S.

Sonia Doris

wow, this is one problem that has been following me for years now, but I didn't have the guts to face it. I will do this and hope it will help me. thanks for the spread!!!

kwesifriends

I love the spread especially finding the weakness and the strength of each other . I have question what is the meaning of Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3? Do I need to change the person or the same? Thanks!

Delacey

Hi kwesifriends,
My understanding is that this spread deals with the same pair of people. When you add another layer you are trying to look at a different aspect/area of the relationship. So look at different areas that you find important. (EG: general compatibility, emotional compatibility, physical compatiblity, communication compatibility, and recreation compatibility.) Its all your choice. I hope that helps.
Delacey

kwesifriends

Delacey said:
Hi kwesifriends,
My understanding is that this spread deals with the same pair of people. When you add another layer you are trying to look at a different aspect/area of the relationship. So look at different areas that you find important. (EG: general compatibility, emotional compatibility, physical compatiblity, communication compatibility, and recreation compatibility.) Its all your choice. I hope that helps.
Delacey

Thanks Delacey now I understand whats the meaning of levels have fun!

FloRida

Interesting...I'm going to try this within the next day or so. Thanks!

LaCartomancienne

I used this spread yoday and I found it really great, easy to read and meaningfull.

Thank you very much for this nice spread, I think I'm gonna use it on a regular basis ^^

By the way, I was wondering if it would be relevant to add two more cards in the 4-cards spread, in order to obtain an even more accurate answer : a fifth one as an advice/key, and a sixth that would give the general outcome.

Something like this :

1*****4
*2***3*
***5***
***6***

But I don't know if it's a really good idea - I'm quite a newbie in Tarotland ;