Horary question

jayaso

Hey there,

I have a question about horary readings.

To what extent do you take future aspects between significators into account?

For example, I created a chart and there was no aspect between the significators (moon + Saturn Rx and sun). It is worth noting that the sun is in cancer and the moon is exalted in libra.

However, Saturn Rx and the sun will make a trine in two weeks time (not currently shown on the grid below the chart). Does this mean anything?

Additional information: The question is a relationship question and the time frame specified for the question was 3 months.

CosmicBeing

Aspects tells the action that will occur.

But where the significator sits tells the ability of that person to act.

So if you have an aspect between two significators, but the sign and house the significator sits makes one or both week. That chances of that aspect of being successful if slim.

If both the significators are strong but no action. Then you might have to dig deeper into the chart (translate it more) or make up your mind what that may mean for the whole chart.

If the whole chart is strong and the significators are strong. But no aspect between them two. Then they have the ability to act.. just the next question is..do they want to act?

I would need to see the whole chart to guess what it may mean.

I'm still a newbie so maybe someone more experience can give you information.

CosmicBeing

I would probably also need to know the specific question. But, Saturn rx can mean the natural energies of Saturn is strong because it is closer to earth.

So might mean the Saturn rx person has a lot of obstacles that prevent them from acting.

Minderwiz

I would probably also need to know the specific question. But, Saturn rx can mean the natural energies of Saturn is strong because it is closer to earth.

So might mean the Saturn rx person has a lot of obstacles that prevent them from acting.

You certainly would need to know the question and from the information given (significations are Moon + Saturn Rx and Sun) I'm a little confused, so I'd need to see the chart, or better still have the chart details. This is a relationship question, so it's Lords 1&7 (allowing for the caveat about the question). With Saturn involved those are either Moon/Saturn or Sun/Saturn.... unless we are allowing for Sun and Venus as additional significative in a marriage question. So the use of three significative raises a question as to their roles.

In three weeks the Sun would move about 21 degrees, so currently there would be no application to Saturn, which would suggest no relationship in itself. Moreover it's very likely, but not certain, that during that time the Sun will perfect an aspect to another planet, which wi prohibit the relationship (assuming Sun is Lord 1 or Lord 7) unless the Sun's next aspect is to a planet which will then have Saturn as it's next aspect.

So on the face of it, from the info given, a relationship is very unlikely. But the full question and time date and place of the question might change that.

jayaso

Aspects tells the action that will occur.

But where the significator sits tells the ability of that person to act.

So if you have an aspect between two significators, but the sign and house the significator sits makes one or both week. That chances of that aspect of being successful if slim.

If both the significators are strong but no action. Then you might have to dig deeper into the chart (translate it more) or make up your mind what that may mean for the whole chart.

If the whole chart is strong and the significators are strong. But no aspect between them two. Then they have the ability to act.. just the next question is..do they want to act?

I would need to see the whole chart to guess what it may mean.

I'm still a newbie so maybe someone more experience can give you information.

Thank you for your attempt at answering the question. I really appreciate it considerably. I do try to avoid posting charts because I don't want people to think that I'm milking for free readings, but I guess what I'm starting to realise in horary is that context is everything and it's not just about what the main significators do.

jayaso

You certainly would need to know the question and from the information given (significations are Moon + Saturn Rx and Sun) I'm a little confused, so I'd need to see the chart, or better still have the chart details. This is a relationship question, so it's Lords 1&7 (allowing for the caveat about the question). With Saturn involved those are either Moon/Saturn or Sun/Saturn.... unless we are allowing for Sun and Venus as additional significative in a marriage question. So the use of three significative raises a question as to their roles.

In three weeks the Sun would move about 21 degrees, so currently there would be no application to Saturn, which would suggest no relationship in itself. Moreover it's very likely, but not certain, that during that time the Sun will perfect an aspect to another planet, which wi prohibit the relationship (assuming Sun is Lord 1 or Lord 7) unless the Sun's next aspect is to a planet which will then have Saturn as it's next aspect.

So on the face of it, from the info given, a relationship is very unlikely. But the full question and time date and place of the question might change that.

Thanks for your comment.

I was taught to use the moon as the co significator for the querent and that's why I thought that I would be moon + Saturn Rx. The other person, is represented by the sun.

The question was 'Will X be back in my life within the next 3 months?' - At present, I'm not surprised that there is no aspect. As you said, it suggests no relationship in itself (this is correct), but the future aspect intrigues me and I just wondered what that would suggest.

I can see that sun is trine mars though, so perhaps this would describe the prohibition that you have explained, but then it separates and there's the trine. That's why I was wondering about the future aspects.

Date of question was 10/07/16
Time was 22:03
Place: London

CosmicBeing

Thanks for your comment.

I was taught to use the moon as the co significator for the querent and that's why I thought that I would be moon + Saturn Rx. The other person, is represented by the sun.

The question was 'Will X be back in my life within the next 3 months?' - At present, I'm not surprised that there is no aspect. As you said, it suggests no relationship in itself (this is correct), but the future aspect intrigues me and I just wondered what that would suggest.

I can see that sun is trine mars though, so perhaps this would describe the prohibition that you have explained, but then it separates and there's the trine. That's why I was wondering about the future aspects.

I'll look at the chart with the data you provided later today. Also sorry my grammar was horrible in that post.

But, co-ruler isn't as promising.

In addition the book i studied from Moon represents the emotions of the sitter (if moon is not the ascendant ruler)

I personally don't go too into co-rulers when doing love horary.. but that is just a personal choice at the moment, unless it deems to be important.

If you had sitter's co-ruler aspect 7th lord...that is still pretty weak if there is even an aspect. It may only signify something on an internal level.

Future aspects can say how something will develop. But, I haven't always seen it important to know what the future aspect is because the present situation will let you know how it will go/proceed. I'll have to look in my horary book to see what the author has said. I feel like the author i learned from doesn't put too much emphasis on future aspects. But, I could be wrong.

I'll be back later today after I analyze the chart to give my opinion. Still take my translation of the chart with grain of salt. I only been at this maybe 5 month +/- 2 months

Minderwiz

Thanks for your comment.

Date of question was 10/07/16
Time was 22:03
Place: London

There's nothing wrong with using Moon as a cosignificator in horary but it's best fully explicit about what you're doing. I always look at it after considering the two main significators when going through a reading but it's one of the first things to check on first look at the chart, as a weak Moon is itself a testimony that the thing will come to pass.

The very first thing to do is establish the two prime significators. Saturn as Lord 1 is you. But X is not necessarily Lord 7. If X were a friend, he'd be Lord 11, if he were your brother he'd be Lord 3. If he's a lover but not a 'marriage prospect', he would be Lord 5. Those are of course not the only possibilities but if you're considering him for a long term relationship, then he is indeed Lord 7. From the question X is known to you and had some form of relationship so I'll take it that he's the latter, a prospective long term partner. But, the phraseology the question would also permit you to be simply considering him as no more than a possible friend or a much less serious love interest.

Saturn is in the eleventh... a good position if you were thinking of Xc more as a future friend. Even if you were thinking long term relationship, it's a good position as it's trine the Descendant by Sign. It's also a strong house in the chart.

But if it is a long term relationship then Sun is X's significators and that's badly placed in the sixth what's more there's no aspect between Saturn in Sagittarius and the Sun in Cancer. Nor will one even begin to form till the Sun changes sign to Leo and that's 11 days off (approx). So using the main significators, the answer is 'No'.

Now for the Moon. She's in Libra,. Saturn's exaltation. I have her on the ninth, using whole sign houses and she's applying to a sextile with Saturn and will first sextile the MCand Trine the Ascendant(neither is a planet, so no prohibition) but if you use the Moon only for the current, then the sextile to Saturn shows hope but not perfection.

However there is another way the Moon can help, through translation of light. After Saturn the Moon's next aspect is a square to the Sun. The moon consecutively aspects Lord 1 and Lord 7, so now hope rises to possible perfection. Factors against perfection are that the first sextile is weak and the second square suggests obstacles and difficulties. The Moon is cadent and isn't strong in essential dignity but she is waxing. I'm not sure I'd call it for perfection but the situation isn't hopeless. He migh return but there will be difficulties in converting that into a successful relationship. If he returns then it will come down to how much you want to progress things. Do nothing and nothing will happen.

jayaso

There's nothing wrong with using Moon as a cosignificator in horary but it's best fully explicit about what you're doing. I always look at it after considering the two main significators when going through a reading but it's one of the first things to check on first look at the chart, as a weak Moon is itself a testimony that the thing will come to pass.

The very first thing to do is establish the two prime significators. Saturn as Lord 1 is you. But X is not necessarily Lord 7. If X were a friend, he'd be Lord 11, if he were your brother he'd be Lord 3. If he's a lover but not a 'marriage prospect', he would be Lord 5. Those are of course not the only possibilities but if you're considering him for a long term relationship, then he is indeed Lord 7. From the question X is known to you and had some form of relationship so I'll take it that he's the latter, a prospective long term partner. But, the phraseology the question would also permit you to be simply considering him as no more than a possible friend or a much less serious love interest.

Saturn is in the eleventh... a good position if you were thinking of Xc more as a future friend. Even if you were thinking long term relationship, it's a good position as it's trine the Descendant by Sign. It's also a strong house in the chart.

But if it is a long term relationship then Sun is X's significators and that's badly placed in the sixth what's more there's no aspect between Saturn in Sagittarius and the Sun in Cancer. Nor will one even begin to form till the Sun changes sign to Leo and that's 11 days off (approx). So using the main significators, the answer is 'No'.

Now for the Moon. She's in Libra,. Saturn's exaltation. I have her on the ninth, using whole sign houses and she's applying to a sextile with Saturn and will first sextile the MCand Trine the Ascendant(neither is a planet, so no prohibition) but if you use the Moon only for the current, then the sextile to Saturn shows hope but not perfection.

However there is another way the Moon can help, through translation of light. After Saturn the Moon's next aspect is a square to the Sun. The moon consecutively aspects Lord 1 and Lord 7, so now hope rises to possible perfection. Factors against perfection are that the first sextile is weak and the second square suggests obstacles and difficulties. The Moon is cadent and isn't strong in essential dignity but she is waxing. I'm not sure I'd call it for perfection but the situation isn't hopeless. He migh return but there will be difficulties in converting that into a successful relationship. If he returns then it will come down to how much you want to progress things. Do nothing and nothing will happen.

Thank you so much for your interpretation. I really appreciate the time that it must have taken you to give it a look.

It's interesting because I seem to have grasped the basics of horary, but when it comes to perfection and translation of light; it goes over my head and the web isn't very clear when it comes to explaining.

I definitely think your last paragraph hits the nail on the head, it will be down to how much I am willing to put the effort in and I'm not sure how much I have left. Perhaps that is what the weakness in terms of essential dignity. The will is there, but the energy... Not so much.

My opinion keeps changing though lol. Thank you so much!!!

jayaso

I'll look at the chart with the data you provided later today. Also sorry my grammar was horrible in that post.

But, co-ruler isn't as promising.

In addition the book i studied from Moon represents the emotions of the sitter (if moon is not the ascendant ruler)

I personally don't go too into co-rulers when doing love horary.. but that is just a personal choice at the moment, unless it deems to be important.

If you had sitter's co-ruler aspect 7th lord...that is still pretty weak if there is even an aspect. It may only signify something on an internal level.

Future aspects can say how something will develop. But, I haven't always seen it important to know what the future aspect is because the present situation will let you know how it will go/proceed. I'll have to look in my horary book to see what the author has said. I feel like the author i learned from doesn't put too much emphasis on future aspects. But, I could be wrong.

I'll be back later today after I analyze the chart to give my opinion. Still take my translation of the chart with grain of salt. I only been at this maybe 5 month +/- 2 months

Don't worry, I'm on my phone and my spelling and grammar are all over the place.
I'm going to comment further on this tomorrow, I'm soooooooo tired. But just to let you know that I've seen your comment, thank you for your contribution.