Solar Return Location

Barleywine

I'm not at all sure what the answer is but exploration and practice should definitely look at relocation to see what if any lifetime changes really do occur.

Theoretically, they ought to since most relocations occur because: 1) the individual is seeking (sometimes desparately) a significant "reboot" of life's circumstances, or 2) it's forced on them by circumstances (work, marriage, divorce, death of a spouse, poverty, foreclosure, etc.) which will most likely bring important changes whether or not they are desired.

I see that there is a relatively new book available that applies Time Lords and other traditional techniques in an effort to merge the old ways with the new. I was going to post about it but forgot. I'll see if I can find it.

Minderwiz

Morin on Solar Returns is easily the better book. However Morin doesn't just use Solar Returns alone. He uses them as a secondary method to Primary Directions. Indeed all the Traditional Astrologers that I'm aware of who used Solar Returns treated them as medium term forecasts within the context of a longer term forecast derived from Primary Directions or Time Lords.

Barleywine

Thanks! Disappointing to say the least. I'm always looking for books that provide the modern reader a "point-of-entry" for the traditional ideas, in a style that is arguably more accessible than the originals. I thought Kevin Burke and Avelar/Ribeiro did a good job at the "overview" level, and I believe Demetra George did also, but her book is less memorable to me for some reason. I've been looking at Morin's Astrologia Gallica output, but it's broken up into so many individually-sold segments that I'm hard-pressed to decide which to buy first. I have Planetary Powers: The Morin Method by Patti Tobin Brittain that at least got me started down that road. Any thoughts on Bob Makransky's work, such as:

https://www.amazon.com/Planetary-St...TF8&qid=1466676520&sr=1-44&keywords=Planetary

I have some much earlier stuff by him that was too "New Age-y" for me.

RohanMenon

I am a total beginner with respect to Traditional

Astrology and don't know anything about prediction technique etc :-D

Right now, I am (slowly) working through Gansten's book on Primary Directions. Then (the plan is) dadsnook's book, then Dykes' introductory Traditional Astrology book. Morin etc is well above my (present) paygrade :)

dadsnook2000

For firecatpickles

Close, such as 50 miles, seems good enough for most situations. More can be allowed if one lives north or south of the birth place, say up to a 100 miles, since the MC will remain close to the same. But, I wouldn't stretch it too much more. Keep in mind that some recorded birthtimes are to the nearest hour -- so what is 100 miles in that case?

firecatpickles

Close, such as 50 miles, seems good enough for most situations. More can be allowed if one lives north or south of the birth place, say up to a 100 miles, since the MC will remain close to the same. But, I wouldn't stretch it too much more. Keep in mind that some recorded birthtimes are to the nearest hour -- so what is 100 miles in that case?

Thank you for this.

...so what is 100 miles in that case?

Let's see if I get this right...

An arcminute is 1/60 of a degree and in one hour in the event of rounding off a birthtime would result in a maximum of 60/60 of a degree or, simplified, 1 degree.

But 100 miles in the case of rounding would mean for a possible 60 minutes per 360 degrees, 360/60 or 6 degrees maximum.

would it mean for 100 miles one had to compensate 6 degrees?