Crystal Diagnostics: A Spread for Gemstones

DesertDream

You can use this spread with Tarot or Oracle cards.

Hold the crystal, gemstone etc. in your hand as your opposite hand scans over the deck and pull cards. Then put the stone in the middle of the spread and read from there.

----1----
-2--*---3-
----4----
* = stone

1: What energy is this crystal giving off?
*You can use this to determine if it is a bad or good energy, the need for cleansing or charging, the general all around vibe, or vibe before and after working with it it some way.

2. What gift/lesson does it bring?
*You can use this to determine if the gemstone is inline with its purpose(metaphysical properties, why it has shown up in your life at this time, or to see what it has to offer you.

3. With what intent should I program this specific stone with?
*This shows you what the stone is to be used for in your life and intentions(or energies) this stone does best with.

4. How to best work with this stone?
* This shows you how to utilize and harness the energies of this stone, and build teamwork.

This is a picture of the spread done with oracles:
http://postimg.org/image/n9ugx0z2x/
It was for a Tibetan Black Quartz/Fluorite wrap

Variations:
1--2--3
* Challenge
* Gift
* Lesson
(Of Crystal)

Additional Questions:
* What does this crystal want to say to me?
* What is our relationship now?
* Current state of evolution?(using the Major Arcana only draw a card and use the Fools path as a guide)
*Crystals past history(if used by another before you)
* Number the vibration is at(for those into numberology, use Major Arcana)
*Planetary associations? (For those who use astrology in card interpritations, can be full deck or Major Arcana only)
* Elemental vibrations it gives off?(determine from water, earth, air, fire suits or Major Arcana)

How did this spread turn out for you?
Questions/Comments welcome!

earthshine

Will certainly do this for all my future crystal purchases. Thank you. I tried it just now with my moonstone and it has been certainly illuminating!

Hemera

This looks really interesting and something different. I´ll definitely try this for my Aquamarine. :thumbsup:
I´ll add this one to our Tarot Spreads Index.

Astraea

Very nice, DesertDream. Thank you for sharing that spread.

DesertDream

Will certainly do this for all my future crystal purchases. Thank you. I tried it just now with my moonstone and it has been certainly illuminating!

Fantastic! I'd love to here how it turned out for you!

This looks really interesting and something different. I´ll definitely try this for my Aquamarine. :thumbsup:
I´ll add this one to our Tarot Spreads Index.
Awesome! If you would like to share, let us know how it worked for you.

Very nice, DesertDream. Thank you for sharing that spread.

Thanks Astraea, your welcome.

Etene

I'm trying this spread with some of the more colorful picks from my box of stuff, but I'm using a different ritual:
1) Shuffle the deck once and place the stone upon it for ten minutes.
2) Remove the stone and shuffle normally.
3) Balance the stone on the deck and cut it where it feels right.
4) Place the stone on the table and place the cards around it.

I don't like picking more than one card from a fan because there is a subliminal bias to "balance" the location of the picks, so I decided to let the crystal pick the cut after having some time to recognize the deck and otherwise treated it like any other reading.

Have you drawn any conclusions on interpretation, the significance of reversals, or cards appearing in positions that don't mesh?

DesertDream

I don't like picking more than one card from a fan because there is a subliminal bias to "balance" the location of the picks, so I decided to let the crystal pick the cut after having some time to recognize the deck and otherwise treated it like any other reading.

Have you drawn any conclusions on interpretation, the significance of reversals, or cards appearing in positions that don't mesh?

Etene, what do you mean by, "subliminal bias to balance the location of the picks"?
I like your idea of your card ritual. Ill have to try that!

Since I only use reversals once in a blue moon, I have not considerd the significance. I'll leave that up to the readers to figure that out themselfs. I try to read cards from a neutral point of view at first, and trust the right cards will appear.
I have not done this spread enough to see if there are cards that dont mesh, do you have an example?
And for interpretation are you asking for the results of my oracle layout?

Etene

Etene, what do you mean by, "subliminal bias to balance the location of the picks"?
Imagine drawing cards from a fan. First, one from near the left end. Second, another from the left end. Third, the same. How many cards would you draw from the left end before "feeling like" one needs to come from the right, or at least near the center? Likewise, how often does somebody draw from a fan the very first card? Neglecting skeptics, who may do that to "negate" the fan and give themselves something to smirk about. Whenever a physical aspect enters into a selection process, motivations such as a desire for perceived balance or to create an outlier emerge. Fortunately, the shuffling process imparts the randomness, so bias in choosing from a fan does not affect chance in favor of any one card over another, but it creates a question: Assuming that the crystal is guiding the fan selection, does it compete with "random" selection behavior, and if so, does it matter?
I have not done this spread enough to see if there are cards that dont mesh, do you have an example?
I have a Tiger Eye that turned Death Rx as how to best use the stone. That sounds like the best way to use it is to stop using it (or in this case, never start). I tried another Tiger Eye and revealed Moon in the fourth position. Maybe Tiger Eyes are particularly moody? I have a third somewhere... Another that threw me was an Amethyst with Ten Coins Reversed in the fourth position. Does that mean it wants to sit at home? Or because of the reversal, it wants to ride along? Ten Coins makes a good noun, but it's odd when its being a verb.

Likely the fault lies in my inexperience, as this sort of problem emerges without stones being involved, but I thought perhaps you had an insight for resolving it in the context of crystal work.

DesertDream

Imagine drawing cards from a fan. First, one from near the left end. Second, another from the left end. Third, the same. How many cards would you draw from the left end before "feeling like" one needs to come from the right, or at least near the center? Likewise, how often does somebody draw from a fan the very first card? Neglecting skeptics, who may do that to "negate" the fan and give themselves something to smirk about. Whenever a physical aspect enters into a selection process, motivations such as a desire for perceived balance or to create an outlier emerge. Fortunately, the shuffling process imparts the randomness, so bias in choosing from a fan does not affect chance in favor of any one card over another, but it creates a question: Assuming that the crystal is guiding the fan selection, does it compete with "random" selection behavior, and if so, does it matter?

I was taught to use the fan, and other tecniques but that is what always stuck. I was also taught to let my hands slip over the cards and wait for heat or tingling regarding what card to pull, this always stuck with me and it worked. 12 years later mostly my eyes do the work quicker than my hand and also my heart's energy.
I think it comes from using clairsentiance for so long and I think that plays a major role for me anyway, in card selection. Since I believe a deck is very well attuned to the practitioner (some attune faster than others) energy interaction has a lot to do with it. That is why I reccomended holding the gemstone in one hand and waving a hand over a fan with the other, this way the crystal energy interacting with the person can intuitivly guide them and their hands(or eyes and heart) to pick the right cards.
However you bring up a very interesting topic that I think should go into Talking Tarot. It is something I have wondered myself. At times I also picked from certain spots and yet questioned the validity of doing so and if my energy and intuition were on point. But like I said I feel a deck is intricatly attuned to us and will follow suit and if we shuffle then the cards will end up in the right places in the fan. I of course have no proof of all this, but its not something I feel has caused me major inaquracies, maybe then it has? Its something to ponder, but it is a habit I noticed and have broken ...for the most part, and since I have changed my habits
my energy and then the cards...will follw suit.

I have a Tiger Eye that turned Death Rx as how to best use the stone. That sounds like the best way to use it is to stop using it (or in this case, never start). I tried another Tiger Eye and revealed Moon in the fourth position. Maybe Tiger Eyes are particularly moody? I have a third somewhere... Another that threw me was an Amethyst with Ten Coins Reversed in the fourth position. Does that mean it wants to sit at home? Or because of the reversal, it wants to ride along? Ten Coins makes a good noun, but it's odd when its being a verb.
I think the best place to get help would be the Your Readings or for one card the Using Tarot sections. Since reversals drive me nuts, i am not sure I would be the best to answer your question. But I would reccomend taking the other cards into account while interpriting a tricky card. This may help explain the meaning more clearly. These cards are more like a snapshot and putting them together like a puzzle picture will help you see how it fits together.

Likely the fault lies in my inexperience, as this sort of problem emerges without stones being involved, but I thought perhaps you had an insight for resolving it in the context of crystal work.

Sorry, but the only thing I could reccomend is not using reversals, since this has been my only experiance. The only other advice would be breaking the card down into number and element(suit) and maybe even planetary association to help see the base energies of the card you pulled and going from there. Good luck with your cards!

Etene

reversals
When I began to study Tarot I read each card both ways and tried to figure out which fit best. The way I shuffle has the deck horizontal to me so I wondered, when I stop, do I turn it clockwise or anticlockwise? I could have them all backward if I choose incorrectly. Recently I've tried reading them as they appear, but something feels "off" about it. But I think it is important because while some cards' reversals are a different focus, others are a different direction. Nine Coins comes to mind. A stone with cards like those in its reading could do a surprise if its uprights and reversals matter and are misread.
Good luck with your cards!
The cards themselves could be an issue, since I did this using a new-to-me deck.

We need somebody to find a stone that picks Queen of Coins, Ace of Coins, Wheel of Fortune, Fool and causes a streak of lottery ticket wins. :D