JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders

RavenDarkWind

I'd suggest this series for anyone interested in tarot.

nejigurlmimi

I definately agree. Im currently watching it and love jojo's. But a bit of warning, its a it bit graphic even though censored. But the series is very interesting

Ica'rus

For those of us at work and unable to go to too many sites easily, can you explain what this is?

Autumnal Archer

Oh, man, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. I keep meaning to watch this because it looks like ridiculous fun (I mean, the ending theme is Walk Like an Egyptian -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YagdayNkfho ) and, of course, I love tarot motifs in anything and everything... but I haven't found the time. Guess I really need to catch up now. Never would have expected to see anime recommendations on a tarot forum though, haha!

CuriousWalker

Ah, I was meaning to watch this (as well as other anime...) but never got around to it. I saw the first series. Didn't know there were going to be Tarot motifs in this one. Interesting!

RavenDarkWind

For those of us at work and unable to go to too many sites easily, can you explain what this is?

Basically, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is the story of the Joestar family through different generations. It's like Roots with less racism and more vampires. The third part, Stardust Crusaders, is about Jotaro Kujo, a young Japanese teenager with a supernatural power known as a Stand. His stand is Star Platinum. Together with his grandfather (Stand: Hermit Purple), an Egyptian tarot card reader (Stand: Magician's Red), and others, he must kill DIO, a vampire who threatens to kill his mother.

kimtsan

Interesting!! I just looked it up. It's an anime?? How is it related to tarot cards?

Autumnal Archer

The relation is mostly symbolism-related. A lot of the Stands are modeled after the Major Arcana. I haven't watched much of it myself so I don't know how heavily it relates to the plot.

kimtsan

Cool. I might check it out when I have time.