Fire at Boleskine

Zephyros

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-35171061?SThisFB

"SFRS said: "A large part of the property has already been destroyed by fire and crews are concentrating their efforts on the west wing of the building."

A huge shame. It might have started spontaneously because of neglect and flammable refuse piling up. I wonder why nobody in the Thelemic community ever bought it for preservation.

MagsStardustBlack

Boleskin house is burning down :(

The house has been in flames since this afternoon :(

They think it's going to collapse. Thought you all should know. I live in the area.

Sorry if I shouldn't have posted it in this forum, not sure where else to put it.

MagsStardustBlack

Such a shame :(

smw

or maybe it was arson, hopefully not. What I don't understand is what is meant by the fire crews standing down at 9pm and then more arriving at 1.40pm by which time 60% of the building had been destroyed...

GUARDIAN said:
Fire crews stood down at Boleskine House, on the banks of Loch Ness near Foyers in the Highlands, at 9pm on Wednesday.About 60% of the building had been destroyed by the time fire crews arrived shortly after 1.40pm. Firefighters, who feared the house might be occupied, were unable to enter the building to check for casualties until the fire had been brought under control.However, it emerged that the house was empty at the time and everyone connected with the property has been accounted for.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...roys-most-of-mansion-once-owned-by-jimmy-page

Babalon Jones

Such a tragedy. Totally sad.
I hope it wasn't an insurance job. 23 skidoo!

Zephyros

Moderator Note:

Two threads on this subject have been merged,

Thanks for posting y'all!

Zephyros

Aeon418

I hope it wasn't an insurance job. 23 skidoo!

Aiwass 'fessed up' 111 years ago. :laugh:

But your holy place shall be untouched throughout the centuries: though with fire and sword it be burnt down & shattered, yet an invisible house there standeth, and shall stand until the fall of the Great Equinox