Finding things with Lenormand and the Fox card

greenseer

Hi guys :)

I wondered if anyone could help me out with a three card reading I did to find something. The cards I got were Ring, Fox and Book. I couldn't really figure out where the Fox card fit into this, but I figured the Ring + Book might be directing me to a spot on my desk where I had a watch and a book laying. After looking for a while I found my lost item on the floor exactly below where I'd kept my watch and book.

I was wondering if anyone could clarify the Fox card in this reading? In retrospect I can only assume it might be saying "obscured" or "hidden" (by the watch and book), but this isn't really an interpretation that makes sense to me - as I'd be more inclined to associate those meanings with the Book card.

I'd really appreciate any help anyone could give me :)

(sidenote: I'm fairly new to Lenormand, and I know I wasn't reading in combinations very well - but I did find what I was looking for in the end so I need to work on that a little)

Village Witch

Caitlin Matthew's in her book The Complete Lenormand Oracle Handbook says that, when looking for lost items, the Fox can be read as something disguised or something looking like something else.

I would read the Fox as hidden in this situation.

Barleywine

Do you have Caitlin Matthews' book, The Complete Lenormand Oracle Handbook? She has a section in it titled "Where Is It? Locations For Lost Things."

About the Fox she says: "Disguised; looking like something else; wrongly attributed; opportunistically removed by (see following card)."

Presumably the card following the Fox will show who or what dislocated it from its expected place. If "obscured" and "hidden" don't fit, this might tell you how it got knocked off the desk. (I'm not sure that qualifies as "opportunistic," but it's the closest I could come.)

Sharla

Going on the cartomancy meaning of this card being the 9 :club: then this would show your work environment....which being around your desk makes sense.

Then also sticking with the suit, the 9 being on the edge, till it reaches the 10....showing it falling.

greenseer

Caitlin Matthew's in her book The Complete Lenormand Oracle Handbook says that, when looking for lost items, the Fox can be read as something disguised or something looking like something else.

I would read the Fox as hidden in this situation.

Do you have Caitlin Matthews' book, The Complete Lenormand Oracle Handbook? She has a section in it titled "Where Is It? Locations For Lost Things."

About the Fox she says: "Disguised; looking like something else; wrongly attributed; opportunistically removed by (see following card)."

Presumably the card following the Fox will show who or what dislocated it from its expected place. If "obscured" and "hidden" don't fit, this might tell you how it got knocked off the desk. (I'm not sure that qualifies as "opportunistic," but it's the closest I could come.)

I haven't read this book but I'll definitely pick it up now!

Village Witch - the item had actually fallen into a paper bin I keep under my desk and was disguised by some of the rubbish I'd thrown in there.

Barleywine - this also makes a bit of sense, as it could very well have been knocked off when I picked one of my books up from the desk!

Thank you so much guys :)

greenseer

Going on the cartomancy meaning of this card being the 9 :club: then this would show your work environment....which being around your desk makes sense.

Then also sticking with the suit, the 9 being on the edge, till it reaches the 10....showing it falling.

I'm not as familiar with the cartomantic interpretations - but I'll take a look into that. Thank you :)

ThtDancerGuy

Hi guys :)

I wondered if anyone could help me out with a three card reading I did to find something. The cards I got were Ring, Fox and Book. I couldn't really figure out where the Fox card fit into this, but I figured the Ring + Book might be directing me to a spot on my desk where I had a watch and a book laying. After looking for a while I found my lost item on the floor exactly below where I'd kept my watch and book.

I was wondering if anyone could clarify the Fox card in this reading? In retrospect I can only assume it might be saying "obscured" or "hidden" (by the watch and book), but this isn't really an interpretation that makes sense to me - as I'd be more inclined to associate those meanings with the Book card.

I'd really appreciate any help anyone could give me :)

(sidenote: I'm fairly new to Lenormand, and I know I wasn't reading in combinations very well - but I did find what I was looking for in the end so I need to work on that a little)

Hi greenseer,

The Fox is the work card, so if you do any kind of "work," for profit or otherwise, at your desk where you found the lost item around, this is what the Fox was alluding to.

tarotlova

Don't forget the Fox is cunning too, so this would be you investigating the lost item, tracking it and finding it! :D

snowmoon

ring+fox +book

fox is hiding place,

somewhere you are working daily, a desk, under the drawer??