Book of Thoth Study Group- The Fool

Jupiter Caelus

Some visual notes:

"Grapes represent fertility, sweetness, and the basis of ecstasy. This ecstasy is shown by the stem of the grapes developing into rainbow-hued spirals" - Book of Thoth

I've noticed the stem of the grapes which connects around the Fool's neck bears a convincing resemblance to a crook. Some goads I have seen look almost the same as the crook if the extended point is removed. Although it could also be said the extension is actually the spiral, which meets up with this stem on the oppsite side of the neck.

In any event, this would link up with with the letter Lamed: Ox Goad.

If the grapes have such a hold over a part where the body can most easily be led, I wonder if there's a connection between the selected mnemonics of The Fool: "Truth, laughter, lust: Wine's Holy Fool", and Adjustment: "Wild is the dance; its balance is exact". The connecting word here being Wild; an inevitable by-product of indulging in Wine. But Wine is the noble drink, this isn't degenerate teens on a drunken rampage, it's of the the higher realms of the Mind; the closest the Mind can attain to the Æther. A Wild stimulation where you can "Know Naught!", which I have found while sipping away at a glass of red can lead you to knowing quite a lot!

Further, the Gold of the Air is filled with tiny white Thetas Θ. Another reference to Adjustment, who holds the sword which is also the Ace of Swords; written upon is Θέλημα.

Zephyros

Interesting thoughts. I've always loved the relationship between the Fool and Adjustment, it's the best romance there is! They really do make an exciting pair to contemplate.

Jupiter Caelus

I found this video very good for study of The Fool card.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daG_szEhR-A

Paul Hughes-Barlow offers good enough introductory videos. Though he 'ums and ers' a bit.

Once the Sun is seen as Tiphareth, then yes, I can see how the whole Middle Pillar is formed. But what of the Sword? Why would that be the abyss, if indeed we would assume the abyss was included. More confusing is that I see the Sword as a flaccid penis. The 'heart' which is wrongly angled just fits too well as the scrotum.

As a side note to that, the three attributions of the godhead, flying into the 'sword', can probably be related to Crowley's points under the heading of the Great Fool of the Celts: on the issue of paternity and how an ordinary birth just won't suffice for a Saviour. Well, if Jesus was indeed a real human, then I have no doubt he was conceived in a very real way. That would label Jehovah as a dove, or Jupiter as a bull, metaphors for the real secret seed. And as I wrote above about the tiny white Thetas', they now seem to take on another meaning as other tiny white things...