Is death always about endings??

Awkward.turtle91

So last night i did a spread asking how something would develop romantically....

and what confused me the most was the death card in the present position.

I've wanted to make it clear that I supposedly flirt with this person and that's it and we only get to talk in a set environment.

I was simply curious if anything would ever or could ever develop between us.

I'm looking for alternative views on death in the present position. I'm using the llwellyn deck ..

I personally know that death can mean transformation sometimes, it doesn't have to always be about endings? but am i being a little to optimistic in using death for this context?

My direct question was; will anything develop romantically ...

f63f466be1e10e9a830255a392ae4ba0.jpg

Peachess

Depends, really

Hi there!

First of all, I think the cards say to you what you hear them speak. If you see Death in the "present" position in a love spread and you immediately think "oh, so it's over" but then push the interpretation away because it's uncomfortable, that's going against your instincts.
Then again, if you think a different interpretation fits better, that's the way to go. Some decks have Major 13 as "Transformation" instead of Death. I wouldn't interpret Key 13 as Death if it's clearly been reinterpreted as "Transformation". The meaning changes with each deck/spread/card position. It really depends on how you view the card in its given context. And in any given spread, the other cards are obviously also important!

Hope that helps.

Peachess

Awkward.turtle91

Hi there!

First of all, I think the cards say to you what you hear them speak. If you see Death in the "present" position in a love spread and you immediately think "oh, so it's over" but then push the interpretation away because it's uncomfortable, that's going against your instincts.

The first thought in my mind wasn't endings looking at the Spread, I started to research it a bit more and then I got panicked about the fact it could be an ending and I might have been giving myself false hope if that makes sense.

Daft I know, I picked up the cards and I jumped for joy (especially with my base card). And I thought oh transformation. So maybe I was going against my instincts thinking that I couldn't possibly be right?.

Then again, if you think a different interpretation fits better, that's the way to go. Some decks have Major 13 as "Transformation" instead of Death. I wouldn't interpret Key 13 as Death if it's clearly been reinterpreted as "Transformation". The meaning changes with each deck/spread/card position. It really depends on how you view the card in its given context. And in any given spread, the other cards are obviously also important!

Hope that helps.

Peachess

The card position was the present, for death in this Spread. And I was using the Llwellyn Deck .

Xx

josefskye

death

forgive my bluntness... but 'Death" is death.... What part of that do you not understand?

so many time we shie away from what is presented to us, because we don't want to hear it, so we label 'Death" as "transformation" because it feels easier, or not so harsh.

Awkward.turtle91

forgive my bluntness... but 'Death" is death.... What part of that do you not understand?

Excuse me?, I under stand that it's one meaning to it, but tarot isn't as black and white as it seems?, I do like to take other cards in to consideration when the death card comes up. Which you don't have the advantage of knowing because I'm unable to put them up ..

Yes I understand that in most cases death means death, it's not that I'm not understanding that concept thankyou!

I'm asking merely if others have had experience with the death card that doesn't always involve endings of something developing etc etc.

Here's the death meaning in my deck & my cards that I'm using.

When upright, the death trump signals a period of significant change and transformation. A new seed is spouting in your life. One chapter is ending and another beginning. This necessary process should not be denied or avoided. The major them of this card is out with the one to make way for the new (which is a transformation in a sense!)

so many time we shie away from what is presented to us, because we don't want to hear it, so we label 'Death" as "transformation" because it feels easier, or not so harsh.

Flames

Well, even with Transformation, doesn't something have to end/die in order for something 'new' to take its place? Doesn't it have to end/die in order for it to be able to transform into this 'new' thing? Think of a caterpillar becoming a butterfly. The caterpillar dies/transforms into the butterfly. The butterfly is no longer a caterpillar. It's something new and different.

With Death, I think there is always an ending. Determining 'what' ends and 'how' it ends, is what we're trying to understand, and what it's moving towards.

So, Death for your spread and question, might mean that it changes or develops into a new phase, maybe the kind you're hoping for. It depends on the state of things, now, and the rest of the cards in your spread. Or, it could mean, depending on the other cards, that it doesn't develop romantically in the future. Either way, a way of being has to end (caterpillar) so that what currently IS (caterpillar), can transform into something else, new and different (butterfly). New and different might be seen as 'good news'. Or, it might be seen as 'bad news'. Again, it depends on the rest of the cards.

I've drawn Death a few times for a connection between a person and I. And, we're still connected. :) But, something about our connection changed and transformed into something new. I will admit, though, I was also afraid to see Death because I thought it meant our relationship would end or cease to exist. But, I still know this person now and we've grown together in many ways.

Best of luck to you!

Awkward.turtle91

Well, even with Transformation, doesn't something have to end/die in order for something 'new' to take its place? Doesn't it have to end/die in order for it to be able to transform into this 'new' thing? Think of a caterpillar becoming a butterfly. The caterpillar dies/transforms into the butterfly. The butterfly is no longer a caterpillar. It's something new and different.

First of all flames, Thankyou for your kind words and not being so blunt <3. It's a sensitive subject to me, I'm all ears.

Yes I under stand that something does have to end in order to change. It could be as simple as like eating that last packet of crisps and finally realising that you need to change your habits I suppose.

With Death, I think there is always an ending. Determining 'what' ends and 'how' it ends, is what we're trying to understand, and what it's moving towards.

So, Death for your spread and question, might mean that it changes or develops into a new phase, maybe the kind you're hoping for. It depends on the state of things, now, and the rest of the cards in your spread. Or, it could mean, depending on the other cards, that it doesn't develop romantically in the future. Either way, a way of being has to end (caterpillar) so that what currently IS (caterpillar), can transform into something else, new and different (butterfly). New and different might be seen as 'good news'. Or, it might be seen as 'bad news'. Again, it depends on the rest of the cards.

Mmmmmm, I hope it's good news. Maybe I'm just not ready to face that change yet lol, but it needs to be done I suppose there's no fighting that. I just hope it isn't a bad change.

I've drawn Death a few times for a connection between a person and I. And, we're still connected. :) But, something about our connection changed and transformed into something new. I will admit, though, I was also afraid to see Death because I thought it meant our relationship would end or cease to exist. But, I still know this person now and we've grown together in many ways.

Best of luck to you!

I'm glad you've shared that with me, I feel a little better about the death card now. I hope that we still remain connected and it's merely as something small as our connection had to change.

I'm horrified lol, I always end up thinking it means that I'm no longer going to know them any more !!

jnett

So last night i did a spread asking how something would develop romantically....

and what confused me the most was the death card in the present position.

I know that death can mean transformation sometimes, it doesn't have to always be about endings? but am i being a little to optimistic in using death for this context?

The death card does mean transformation, likely a difficult one, but it really depends on the other cards in the reading if it's a permanent break up or an argument that transforms the relationship in some way. What were the other cards in the reading?

Awkward.turtle91

The death card does mean transformation, likely a difficult one, but it really depends on the other cards in the reading if it's a permanent break up or an argument that transforms the relationship in some way. What were the other cards in the reading?

Hi Jnett,

I've posted the other cards in the your reading section if you'd like to have a look :) I'm not able to write them down on here.

^_^.

Sharla

Of course the death card is more about endings....it has a multitude of meanings this is probably the deepest card in the deck.

For a start I don't believe in total death when we die...our outer shell dies yes, but the soul lives on and goes into another being when the times right.

So this is like an ending but one that then transforms into a new beginning but only when the time is right.

Death happens for a reason the life cycle is complete and everything we have been given in this life to learn has been learnt, so it's then time for death.....for our soul to be able to then evolve and learn new lessons in another form and in another life time.

Theres also lots more but my fingers are hurting from all the typing today lol.

But apply all I've said to the death card in whatever readings you get and you'll see it makes sense.

For a r'ship it wouldn't necessarily mean an end it could just be theres outdated ways between you both and its time for something new.....this could be together as well as apart.

So basically the old part of the r'ship not working anymore has to die/end in order for a new more stronger connection to be born.