3 of Pentacles as a type of part time job

intuitivetarot

I'm not sure...stone masonry, architect, director, independent contractor (but for what?), maybe join or start a non profit.

Most of them aren't something the individual I read for can do. I didn't see it as teaching either because she was let go as a tutor despite covering a range of subjects and rising above her students' expectations (proof was in her high ratings). She loved the job though. :( I don't see it as "going back to school" or "stay in school and finish your degree" either because she doesn't have either luxury ATM.

Grizabella

This might sound crazy, but what popped into my mind was "window dresser". The person who arranges the items for sale in a store and puts the display in the window for window shoppers to look at to draw them into the store. Feel free to laugh and move on. :p

Although the Hierophant is thought of as a teacher sometimes, the 3 of Pentacles could also card mean a teacher or tutor. The cards could be saying "don't give up pm tutoring. Apply somewhere else for a different tutoring job."

CharlotteK

Shooting from the hip here too, but maybe something maybe like customer services? Making sure people are well taken care of, troubleshooting for them, solving complaints and problems, being the representative for an organisation with its public. There's a lot of skill in that. It's just that in this card I see connections with others. It maybe a 'mastery' card but I think that involves other people.

AnemoneRosie

Someone who helps others navigate systems - a form of mentor. Patient advocate.

intuitivetarot

This might sound crazy, but what popped into my mind was "window dresser". The person who arranges the items for sale in a store and puts the display in the window for window shoppers to look at to draw them into the store. Feel free to laugh and move on. :p

Although the Hierophant is thought of as a teacher sometimes, the 3 of Pentacles could also card mean a teacher or tutor. The cards could be saying "don't give up pm tutoring. Apply somewhere else for a different tutoring job."

That's so funny, I was going to say retail in my OP! :D She does have some retail experience too! Recently, she started applying to retail places again. But I don't think it's going to go anywhere because she never hears back.

Unfortunately, applying to a different tutoring job is out of question atm because she isn't enrolled at any college right now.

Could it be that the 3/Pentacles isn't her, but is asking her to pay attention to someone or something that 3/Pentacles reminds her of?

If there is any resemblance to 3/Pentacles that I haven't covered yet, then please let me know. Thanks! :)

DDwarks

That's what am was going to say but more along the lines of student entries/ enrollment. Administration basically :)

bluelagune

There are two positions in this card:
1. Worker or apprentice: what is apprentice in her field?
2. Skilled person like an engineer or architect who can critique another or guide them: manager or lead role in her field?

Sar

Someone in a managerial/administration.

intuitivetarot

Shooting from the hip here too, but maybe something maybe like customer services? Making sure people are well taken care of, troubleshooting for them, solving complaints and problems, being the representative for an organisation with its public. There's a lot of skill in that. It's just that in this card I see connections with others. It maybe a 'mastery' card but I think that involves other people.

I forgot that this card is about mastery. She has experience in customer service (retail and being a Tutor), but is having trouble getting into retail again (and can't apply to tutoring jobs ATM). Are you reading this card as consulting? Also, could you please specify what you mean by, "being the representative for an organisation with its public"?

Thanks! :)

intuitivetarot

I see! It's like the two people standing next to the work bench in the RWS version are mentoring the individual on the work bench? One thing I really would like to know is what made you connect this card to medicine/patient advocacy. And what other types of systems the individual I read for can look into. Thanks! I don't know why I focus on only the artist in this card.