Influence of Jupiter Return

Ace of Stars

I have Jupiter at 2'12" Cancer, so believe my Jupiter return occurred last week, July 5th.

I'm wondering how long you would consider the influence of this happening to last?

dadsnook2000

Another way to look at a Jupiter Return

First, Jupiter is slow moving compared to the Sun, Moon, inner planets --- it is likely that a Return chart's Ascendant would be a bit "iffy" in most cases.

Second, Jupiter doesn't typically show up as an instigating influence but more as a support or situational influence. Jupiter works better when combined with other planets or chart angles.

Third, if you view Jupiter as a cyclic body within the framework of your natal chart, you will watch it move through the houses of your chart a year at a time. These general focus points or sections of the chart will represent a theme for Jupiter to work within. In the context of Jupiter's current house and natal house, look for conjunctions and oppositions, maybe also squares, to Jupiter to see what situations arise that you can choose to take advantage of. Once you do something, Jupiter will often be seen as supporting and enhancing that action.

If success in some endeavor is wanted, look for combinations of Jupiter, Pluto and the MC in any form of charting. Good luck. Dave

Minderwiz

I have Jupiter at 2'12" Cancer, so believe my Jupiter return occurred last week, July 5th.

I'm wondering how long you would consider the influence of this happening to last?

It also depends on which 'return' you're examining. It's quite possible that Jupiter will return to it's natal position three times in a given year. The first time direct, then it turns retrograde and recrosses it's natal position and then turns direct again and crosses the position a third time. That doesn't happen in every instance but you will find that happening on some returns.

Astrologers argue over whether to take the natal direction as the return (that is the direct motion if it is natally direct and the retrograde motion if it's natally retrograde) but many just do charts for all three transits of the natal position.

As Dave says, you should look to see how Jupiter combines with other planets at the time of the return and also which houses Jupiter rules in your natal chart (Sagittarius and Pisces on the cusps), to get a flavour of what is likely to happen.

heron

Help for a rusty astrology student?

I'm going to be 72 years old on January 1st. Am I correct in thinking this approximates to my sixth Jupiter return and, if so, is anyone out there in Aeclectic Forum land able to say roughly what the effect might be?

(As in most years, I'm beginning to feel very unsettled as my birthday approaches, expecting and feeling ready for major changes in at least my inner life)

dadsnook2000

Jupiter Return near age 72

Jupiter is a socially expansive influence. It can open your eyes to opportunities that can be created or which seem to emerge as possibilities. Jupiter can use a bit of help in terms of initiating change and growth. Other people have to be involved as Jupiter isn't a solitary force, the more who participate in your parade, the grander the parade will be.

We relocated our vacation home from Cape Cod in Massachusetts to Wells, Maine. This was quite a different environment -- different types of beaches, colder water, and a whole set of new friends, acquaintances and experiences.

I set to work writing a book which was just published this year. Our adopted grandkids were moving on, the oldest was in college, the middle boy was in high school, the young girl was starting highschool, another older granddaughter and her child moved into our in-law appartment. The whole family was changing in structure and how it operated.

A lot can change, is likely to change. Things enlarge, There is "more" of somethings.
Dave

heron

Hey, Dave, thanks for that quick response. It all sounds pretty exciting in prospect - especially as I do have drafts of a couple of books waiting on the back burner for me to get to work on them some more, plus our djembe drumming group learning has just reached a new level we shall be exploring in the New Year.

How to get through the next two and a half weeks' hiatus, though! Merry Christmas, whatever.

Charles/heron

Minderwiz

I'm going to be 72 years old on January 1st. Am I correct in thinking this approximates to my sixth Jupiter return and, if so, is anyone out there in Aeclectic Forum land able to say roughly what the effect might be?

(As in most years, I'm beginning to feel very unsettled as my birthday approaches, expecting and feeling ready for major changes in at least my inner life)

The 'twelve year' cycle is only a rough approximation, correct to the nearest year. Jupiter's orbital period is 11.86 years (to two decimal places) this means that your sixth return should have already occurred, a little after your 71st birthday :( Again of course possible that this was spread out if Jupiter changed direction, but the retrograde periods 2013 and 2014 encompass your birthdays, without the actual Jupiter degree I can't be precise as to when it happened.

heron

Thanks, Doc.
Sounds as though I must have negotiated the Jupiter return without really noticing (I am blessed with a poor memory) and what I'm feeling now is simply standard pre-birthday (and pre-New Year) restlessness/angst.

Happy Christmas.
Charles/heron

rota

This is all welcome information to me. According to my numbers, I've got a Jupiter return in mid-May of 2014 (my 6th), and I'll be alert to the influence now.