The world Rx

velvet moon

I was just musing on the world reversed as feelings (of any kind) . 'End of the world' seems too dramatic sometimes - I'm thinking more 'nothing makes sense anymore', preconceptions turning out to be wrong, so, sort of 'doubting alot of things you felt to be true.' That sort of thing.

Anyone else have particular feelings about the workd rx? I've always found it a bit vague and tricky to read, in that usually nothing much pops out at me so I got excited to share. :p

Enlightenment23

I was just musing on the world reversed as feelings (of any kind) . 'End of the world' seems too dramatic sometimes - I'm thinking more 'nothing makes sense anymore', preconceptions turning out to be wrong, so, sort of 'doubting alot of things you felt to be true.' That sort of thing.

Anyone else have particular feelings about the workd rx? I've always found it a bit vague and tricky to read, in that usually nothing much pops out at me so I got excited to share. :p

The World Reversed, in my experience, signifies unfinished business.

So when the World is upright, there is closure and fulfillment - you've graduated from college with your degree, you've slapped the "over it" sign on an ex-boyfriend and moved on, you've completed a project to the end.

But when it's reversed, there's a feeling of things not being thoroughly complete - the chapter is not been shut. So as romantic feelings, I would say that this person has not experienced closure yet. He or she feels that there is something missing - some piece of the puzzle - that is preventing them from moving on to the next chapter.

It could be someone who needs "closure" before being able to fully move on, or it could be someone who believes that the relationship is not on its last legs yet ... and still has some steam to make it through.

Rachx

I agree totally with Enlightenment - may I add that to me it means that the chapter hasn't been finished or "understood" so it may also mean that there is another lesson or slice of understanding to be gained before the chapter ends and a new one begins. You asked specifically about feelings so it could be that the emotions/feelings haven't run their course or are being suppressed. It's important to let all the emotions come through you in all their glory, without judgement or suppression. If you are upset then feel upset (safely) it is an emotion, it isn't you. Far too often we can suppress our emotions "big boys don't cry" springs to mind. When really a good cry would solve it all. So for me, for feelings, world upside down also means a bit more emotion needs to be felt!

Ruby Jewel

The Dancer in the World card is the Fool, so if the Fool were Rx...it would mean failure to make the final leap of faith....back to being the Fool and the new life cycle. The fact that you drew the World card to begin with says it IS the World card...Rx or not. If you want to read it Rx, first and foremost remember it is the World card.....as in "YEA".... I would say keep on dancing and dance off the cliff....don't be afraid, and don't look back.

Schmendrick

I really like the idea of the world reversed as unfinished business. Like a soul that chooses to reincarnate rather than to ascend to another plane.

I also sometimes read the world reversed as triumph diminished. Like a quiet victory, or a somewhat unsatisfying conclusion to a journey.

velvet moon

Hey all :) thanks for your input. Reviewing times I've pulled it for romantic feelings I can totally see one or two cases where a feeling of 'unfinished buisness' or 'anti climactic' could certainly work. :D

velvet moon

The Dancer in the World card is the Fool, so if the Fool were Rx...it would mean failure to make the final leap of faith....back to being the Fool and the new life cycle. The fact that you drew the World card to begin with says it IS the World card...Rx or not. If you want to read it Rx, first and foremost remember it is the World card.....as in "YEA".... I would say keep on dancing and dance off the cliff....don't be afraid, and don't look back.

Interesting. What do you mean exactly? Take it as advice to 'go for it' or the opposite?

velvet moon

So when the World is upright, there is closure and fulfillment - you've graduated from college with your degree, you've slapped the "over it" sign on an ex-boyfriend and moved on, you've completed a project to the end.

But when it's reversed, there's a feeling of things not being thoroughly complete - the chapter is not been shut. So as romantic feelings, I would say that this person has not experienced closure yet. He or she feels that there is something missing - some piece of the puzzle - that is preventing them from moving on to the next chapter.

It could be someone who needs "closure" before being able to fully move on, or it could be someone who believes that the relationship is not on its last legs yet ... and still has some steam to make it through.

I like that :) thanks

velvet moon

I agree totally with Enlightenment - may I add that to me it means that the chapter hasn't been finished or "understood" so it may also mean that there is another lesson or slice of understanding to be gained before the chapter ends and a new one begins. You asked specifically about feelings so it could be that the emotions/feelings haven't run their course or are being suppressed. It's important to let all the emotions come through you in all their glory, without judgement or suppression. If you are upset then feel upset (safely) it is an emotion, it isn't you. Far too often we can suppress our emotions "big boys don't cry" springs to mind. When really a good cry would solve it all. So for me, for feelings, world upside down also means a bit more emotion needs to be felt!

what you've written here somehow makes me think of the phrase 'over before it begun' and the situation/reading that prompted me to post could definately involve someone feeling that way about something :)

Ruby Jewel

Interesting. What do you mean exactly? Take it as advice to 'go for it' or the opposite?

I'm saying I would tend to read it like I would read The Fool card. Upright, the Dancer is The Fool at the end of his journey....so where does he go from here? He becomes The Fool again. I don't usually read Rx myself, but if I were to do so, I would say Rx means something is holding the Dancer back...some kind of fear....of dancing to a different tune.