Margarete Petersen Study Group Proposal - with or without the deck!

contrascarpe

firemaiden -

Thank you for this study group. I finally received the Petersen today (unfortunately the English version, although my lookout is still on for the beautiful German version).

A special friend tuned me into this deck and I am starting to see the beauty in it. I look forward to visiting every card here and appreciate the effort you put into this group. It definitely looks like this will be one of my favorite decks!

Dan

Mimers

I have just ordered this deck and am thinking I will be making the time to revive some of Firemaiden's threads from the Study Group forum. The artwork is amazing in this deck and I am looking forward to seeing it up close.

I hope some others join me as I think there is a lot to be drawn from the images. I have been looking at the website and already so many thoughts are running through my mind already.

Blessings,
Mimi

weaver

I would very much like to study the Margarete Petersen deck with this group if that is acceptable. I have only just received both the German and English editions recently and am absolutely blown away by the decks' images and the thinking they stimulate in me. They literally take my breath away.

As a newcomer to this Forum, I guess I am not sure how to proceed but will look to other's postings to guide the way.

Many thanks,
weaver

Mimers

It is very easy to participate. You can go to the begining of this thread and look for the posts where Firemaiden has put links to threads about certain cards. If there is a card you would like to post about that has not been done yet feel free to start a new thread. You should then come here to post that you have done so, so other people can contribute to it.

I look forward to reviving this. I have received the deck and it has so much to delve into. I had seen it a couple of years ago when Firemaiden and I had gotten together. She had brought it with her to show me, but it did not strike a cord with me then. This time around it is different. I can't wait to see what others think of certain cards.

I must admit that there are cards, especially in the minors that I can't see the meaning in. I am hoping that others here can help me look at them differently.

Look forward to this.

Blessings,
Mimi

firemaiden

Hurrah! Mimers and Weaver, I am so delighted to see the revival of this study group! Time for me to get the deck out again and dust it off, LOL.

Mimers

I am so glad to hear that Paula! You are wonderful at pulling people together I think this will be very insightful and interesting.

I don't know why I did not click with this deck when you first showed it to me in NYC. I had preordered some decks from TG and with the 10% add on discount figured I would get this deck if for anything at all the beautiful artwork. I am so glad I did because as I went through it, I realized there was much to be gleaned from it. It is very enriching and I am very excited to explore it further.

Take care my friend!

Mimi

tmgrl2

Just found these threads...Yea!!

I'll do my best to add on to the posts...I read your translation first in the first thread I found, but from now on, I will meditate on the card first, and post my thoughts.

Thank you for reviving this study group, Paula...

terri

firemaiden

I did not click with the deck when I first saw it either. When it first came out in the German bookstores, I looked at the cards many times, and rejected them before one day... I don't know what changed. I guess I had spent enough time getting to know the traditional tarot images and was now interested in seeing the abstract-ish artists take on it.

firemaiden

I have added links to each of the 78 threads, usually in the opening post, to return you to the Index of all Margarete Petersen study threads

Return to MP Index