Minute Deck Study One~the Magician

Chronata

The magician hasn't always been my favorite card, but it certainly has in the last 10 years or so. The more I get to know him, the more I aspire to be him.

I have always liked the way he looks in the RWS (and in the Hanson Roberts) and I think it might be because he reminds me a bit of my first boyfriend.

Anyway, these two decks were probably in mind when I cranked out the Minute Magician.

Again, like with the fool, the card was meant to be male, but lately has taken on a bit of a feminine appeal in my eyes...but that might simply be my perceptions based on where I am on my journey right now.
Both the Fool and magician are cards I resonate strongly with.

I have all the things in this card I consider to be "important" symbol wise...the ourborus around his waist, the infinity above his head, the suit symbols before him, the rose and lily entwined together (I have always thought of this as purity of desires)

and of course, one hand with his magic wand pointed to heaven, the other pointed toward earth...directly pulling down divine energy to direct towards earthly goals.
But as I look closely at this, I notice that the hand holding the wand is turned upside down (his pinky is shown in the air, meaning t hat the wands is actually reversed, because his wrist is turned.) and then I realize that I have actually done this in ritual situations before...

there was no need to illustrate him to be pointing, because the crystal on the end of the wand is already pointing down to draw the energy towards earth.
In one way I suppose I was subconsciously conveying "as above so below" but not "as below so above..."

this magician is one where everything is coming down, but maybe it's not going back up?

But then , the more I look at it...I see one more thing that brings the energy full circle again...it's what is happening at the top of his head. His crown chakra is obviously open because there is an orb of blue light (with the symbols of both the sun and the moon, and what looks almost like wings) emanating from the crown.
So interesting.

and I suppose there is a duality that is the mix of sun and moon...male and female that come from his ritual action.

No wonder He looks both male and female to me!

Oh...and I should mention the stars again. Stars everywhere. He is an astrologer and magician who understands the ways of the stars!
And the green vines might suggest he also understands the laws of nature.
Truly a wizard of both magic and science!

What is interesting to note is that there is none of the batteleur in this magician (as there clearly is in almost all my other tarot creations)
No trickster or illusionist here! Only a true worker of magick who manipulates the divine laws to manifest what he desires.

Chronata

I forgot to include the Minute meaning which is MANIFEST.

I love that word. It's such an awesome command! Go create something real out of nothing but thin air and fresh ideas!