Wheel of Fortune in a PL Reading

Francis13

So I made a Past Life reading to myself and when I asked "what were my goals in my last past life?" I got the wheel of fortune. Does that mean that I was very religious and all that I wanted to have was left to the grace of God, or did I felt lucky all the time and had all the things I wanted?

Any feedback?

I know tarot is not the best source of this kind of info but I believe it has some veracity in it

rwcarter

How did you get religion from the Wheel of Fortune? :confused: The position wasn't how you felt in a past life, but what your goals were. So I would say your goal was to be an agent of change or to help others who go through the changes of the Wheel (more likely the negative changes than the positive ones). It's also possible that your goal was to survive the changes you experienced because of the Wheel (again, probably the more negative changes and possibly a string of them).

Rodney

pageoftemperance

What deck are you using? Often times the Wheel of Fortune is interpreted differently in each context. Take a look at the artwork too.

The Wheel in my deck talks more about creating your own destiny and there being no such thing as pre-destination. Our actions affect and shape the course of our lives. Pulling the Wheel of Fortune for past life goals could signify an active life, or the desire for one since it's about goals, something with initiative or the desire to create positive change. It could also signify that you were looking for a way to roll with the punches.

I also vibe with the confusion over religion, this card isn't about constantly being lucky or giving up all control at all! Just curious, where are you getting that understanding from?

If you want further clarification I'd pull some more cards, if wands come up that would relate to the initiation interpretation.

Thirteen

Agreeing with others here, there isn't any religion in the Wheel. It's not about "Fate" or predestination. It can be read, and often is read, as good luck--but not thanks to any divine intervention or karma or because you did something right and are being rewarded (that would be more in line with Justice or Judgement).

This is just happenstance. One of those moments when you say, "Gosh, I haven't done anything to deserve this...how did I get so lucky?" And the answer is, that's how things happen sometimes. If this was your "goal" in a past life, then you might have had the goal to be lucky, or maybe you were a gambler always hoping for luck and good fortune in that past life ;)

Things come our way, unexpectedly, around the corner, out of the blue. This is why the Wheel of Fortune card exists. To indicate those times when unexpected change is going to happen. Usually good change. But as Rodney pointed out, don't forget the position of the card. This was your GOAL in the past life. Not what happened to you, not what you believed in or felt. But what you were after. Good fortune. Luck. Change.

Francis13

How did you get religion from the Wheel of Fortune? :confused: The position wasn't how you felt in a past life, but what your goals were. So I would say your goal was to be an agent of change or to help others who go through the changes of the Wheel (more likely the negative changes than the positive ones). It's also possible that your goal was to survive the changes you experienced because of the Wheel (again, probably the more negative changes and possibly a string of them).

Rodney

Saw it online and thought it might be, however I didnt feel connected to that meaning
Being an agent of change might apply to me more accurately. Thank you

Francis13

What deck are you using? Often times the Wheel of Fortune is interpreted differently in each context. Take a look at the artwork too.

The Wheel in my deck talks more about creating your own destiny and there being no such thing as pre-destination. Our actions affect and shape the course of our lives. Pulling the Wheel of Fortune for past life goals could signify an active life, or the desire for one since it's about goals, something with initiative or the desire to create positive change. It could also signify that you were looking for a way to roll with the punches.

I also vibe with the confusion over religion, this card isn't about constantly being lucky or giving up all control at all! Just curious, where are you getting that understanding from?

If you want further clarification I'd pull some more cards, if wands come up that would relate to the initiation interpretation.

I'm using the RW deck so the art work is not very explicit for my question. It talks about karma and get what you give so the religion meaning that I saw on a website.
However it didn't make much sense so I was confused. The card itself can be confusing towards some questions.

I would be appreciated if you could help me out! Thank you! This question has great value for me and can help me in the present.

Francis13

Agreeing with others here, there isn't any religion in the Wheel. It's not about "Fate" or predestination. It can be read, and often is read, as good luck--but not thanks to any divine intervention or karma or because you did something right and are being rewarded (that would be more in line with Justice or Judgement).

This is just happenstance. One of those moments when you say, "Gosh, I haven't done anything to deserve this...how did I get so lucky?" And the answer is, that's how things happen sometimes. If this was your "goal" in a past life, then you might have had the goal to be lucky, or maybe you were a gambler always hoping for luck and good fortune in that past life ;)

Things come our way, unexpectedly, around the corner, out of the blue. This is why the Wheel of Fortune card exists. To indicate those times when unexpected change is going to happen. Usually good change. But as Rodney pointed out, don't forget the position of the card. This was your GOAL in the past life. Not what happened to you, not what you believed in or felt. But what you were after. Good fortune. Luck. Change.

I read in several sites that wheel of fortune indeed indicates luck but good or bad... because the card is not that explicit to my question I was confused.
But your interpretation makes sense! Maybe my goal was to have luck, good fortune and thinks to change. People often want luck to change her current situation that most of the times is not the most pleasant.
In this life my goal is also to have luck, so I play the lotto trying to achieve that good fortune. THANK YOU, that clarified some things

Thirteen

In this life my goal is also to have luck, so I play the lotto trying to achieve that good fortune.
:D I think your past life self also played "lotto" whatever kind there was in that life.

Francis13

:D I think your past life self also played "lotto" whatever kind there was in that life.

Ahahah, I thought that my goal could be deeper but seems like it was just that! Funny how we keep old habits alive throughout lives

Laurelle

Maybe the card speaks of a time where your soul learned to roll with the ups and downs. You easily saw lessons to be learned in the "down" period and found gratitude in the "up" period.