Nine of Hearts in Timing/ yes or no/ Love Outcome

MysticalTangerine

I've been working with a friend of mine who is in love with a man who has a girlfriend. They've been friends for a long time and have recently told each other that they love one another. He has not broken up with his girlfriend though he says he will but he can't right now. We've done several readings and the 9 of cups is the recurring card.

We did a full Celtic cross spread asking what would happen between my friend and the man. The final out come was 9 of cups which I interpreted as my friend getting the outcome she wants... he and his girlfriend separating.

Next, she did a single card drawing asking a yes/ no question... will they break up. I don't generally use yes/ no, but thought it could be helpful for clarity. Again she drew the 9 of cups, which I interpreted as a yes, they will breakup and that my friend's wishes are being granted.

Finally we asked about the timing of the breakup. I recently started learning about timing using tarot and have really only referenced one source, so I'm not sure if I'm doing it correctly. We asked when the separation might occur and again she drew the nine of cups, which I interpreted as 9 months.

Anyway, I thought the fact that this card was repeatedly present in this situation was unique and wanted to get feedback.

Also we did a drawing to ask his feelings about her and she drew the three of swords, which I interpreted as his heart aching for her. That his situation greatly pains him but the outcome will be in her favor eventually.

How would you interpret this?

rwcarter

Especially in the type of situation you've described, I would say that the 9C as a repeating card is saying, "be careful what you wish for as you just might get it."

MysticalTangerine

Interesting... is it the three of swords that makes you say that? I don't typically see the 9c as a warning card? Can you take me through your thought process more?

rwcarter

I was only speaking of the 9C. Lots of people wish for things without thinking through their wish. And I prefaced my interpretation with in the situation you're talking about. A man who will dump his girlfriend for a new girl might do the same thing to your friend when he finds someone else.

MysticalTangerine

Perhaps, but people also find themselves in unfulfilling relationships that cannot be resolved easily. I try to stick to what the cards are telling me rather than judging another person's situation.