Starchild Tarot Study Group: 1. The Magician

kp.

yay for lady magic! i really really love the akashic's version of this card. it's the same scene in both decks. the original has a brightly colored geometric yoni-type pattern, while the akashic version has some cosmic cotton candy action.

i LOVE that you can't see her face very clearly, and that she has a very seductive quality to her. the colors on the akashic are gorg, and the fact that she's basically sitting on a mountain of crystals makes me very happy. there's a few bits of sacred geometry in the layers which i love (did we discuss that on the starseed thread? they're present on that card too but i don't know the significance of each symbol).

there's an obvious cool confidence to her. she's got all her tools, hinting at the journey ahead and all the things we are going to encounter. all the knowledge and beginning spark of action lies in this card.

what do you guys see??

Hayleyc26

Firstly, thank you Hun for starting this second thread to our study group!!! Yay for the cards!!!
Let's keep the motivation going and make it all the way through all 78!!! My OCD won't let me start something without finishing haha!

Now, bearing in mind I only own the first edition, I did not connect to this card at the start, many pulls and an open mind, 3 months on and I still can't connect to the imagery. It's too geometry based and the colours just don't call to me being so dull (the sky).
I understand she is surrounded by crystals, just as we surround ourselves with crystals, for their energy and positive intention settings. She has all four element tools with her ie wand, cup, sword and crystal ball. But still I'm not inspired by this imagery, which was alittle disheartning for me.

The meaning of this card for me is that we have everything we need to create whatever magic we desire, we have all tools in front of us, it just depends which tools and how we intend to use them will determine the outcome. We are creators of our futures.

I've done some Google research on the Akashic imagery, and wow! How amazing is the changes? I adore the never ending sky so much more, the colours are more my style and colours: the changes have def caught my attention, but I still feel as tho it's alittle flat. Hmmm I'm so sitting on the fence with this one. The hat doesn't help as I like to see the faces.

alainaobrien

I don't super connect with this card, either, Hayley. But, I do love that she is female in this deck, surrounded by crystals and tools. She does look confident and sexy for sure. However, like Hayley, I don't really like the hat she's wearing. Cowboy hat?! Who brought you along?! I just... don't really understand why she's wearing a cowboy hat, and that throws me off a little.

Anyway, the background scenery is fantastical and inspiring. That in and of itself inspires magical twitching within me. It reminds me of a Kirchner painting, expressionistic, otherwordly, but similar and familiar. (Here is an example: http://www.paintingmania.com/arts/ernst-ludwig-kirchner/medium/winter-moon-landscape-160_12004.jpg). The background of the Magician reminds me of the magic around us.

I think what is most notable for me and the Magician is CONFIDENCE - when you own your magic is when the magic happens. We must believe in our abilities, our connection to the elements, have the confidence to create, seek, inspire, achieve.

The Magician learns and draws from her surroundings in order to change her inner landscape, which is ultimately the only thing under our true control.

I wish I knew more about the sacred geometry, but... That might be a bit too much learning for me at this time :p

Ok, I like this Magician a little more after my analysis :)

kp.

Ok, I like this Magician a little more after my analysis :)

yeah girl! thats whats great about study groups!

i see the hat as more of a pimp hat, and it's giving her that mystery, like you don't know what lies ahead but here are the tools you will need sort of flavor. like the doorman at a really insane new dance club that might change your life, hahahahaha. the hat brim laying low feels like "confidence" to me.

i love the card overall but maybe it's not exactly a traditional magician vibe. and i agree the color of the geometric pattern in the original version doesn't do it for me. the updated version is much more my style.

i wouldn't say this is my favorite magician though... i completely love the magician in the fountain tarot. whenever i see him i feel like i truly connect with magician energy, no second guessing or analyzing, just bam, "the magic is all here already, i invite you to use it"

Citrin

i see the hat as more of a pimp hat, and it's giving her that mystery, like you don't know what lies ahead but here are the tools you will need sort of flavor. like the doorman at a really insane new dance club that might change your life, hahahahaha.

Haha I love this! Exactly the feeling I get. :)

It's funny because most of the cards have this otherwordly feel about them, with people who almost feel unreal and all "airy" and like they're not even a part of this world lol and of course the landscapes and everything else... But with this Magician I totally get this cool very modern and definitely human feeling. The coolest girl in the club ya know. ;)

I definitely prefer the Akashic version here. I love the cosmos sky instead of the psychadelic one.

alainaobrien

So much discussion about the hat! Haha, but honestly if it was a different hat, I'd like it more. Why a cowboy hat?! Ahhh. But, I am on the edge of my seat, waiting for her to look up. That's where the mystery of the Magician is - we don't know what is under her hat, what she's thinking, when she would look up, but we must use our imagination, fill in the blanks, make the magic ours. Boom!

Anyway, I love that kp and Citrin brought up that she just feels human. I agree. And I like that the Magician seems to be our connection between the Earth/humans and the Starseeds that fill this deck (and potentially are around us? :)). She's mystical, but she's definitely human.

Definitely get a pimp or a bouncer vibe from her, like kp said! Too funny! I couldn't really put a finger on it at first, but you're so right. She's like the gatekeeper of us accessing our magic. Love it.

So happy that I'm connecting with her more now :)

JadeVictoria

Hmmm

I really struggle with The Magician in this deck. I connect with the new sky, with the mountain ranges, with the valley of crystals and then I feel like there is a hole where The Magician should be. For me The Magician as an action card, act now, hone in with laser focus on what you are manifesting or as Nike would say Just Do It. The Magician here is lounged backed looking like she's at a picnic and just checking out the elements. This particular card doesn't evoke anything special to me, it hasn't provided me with a new insight...its more of a head scratcher. It makes me want to learn more about Sacred Geometry for sure, maybe understanding the symbols that surround her will provide me that added insight.
Also, up until recently I totally thought this was like a ZZ Top guy, I had no idea that was a women. :eek:

On a separate semi-unrelated note...that sky...I want to swim in it. <3

alainaobrien

This particular card doesn't evoke anything special to me, it hasn't provided me with a new insight...its more of a head scratcher.

I feel ya on this one.... :-/

kittydorkdork

Another beautiful card that does absolutely nothing for me but thing "Oh, pretty". I especially love the sky.

The model is in an awkward, stuff, uncomfortable looking position. The hat is like... whaaaat? Where'd she get it from? Did she steal it or did someone give it to her :) And is she wearing a veil, or a cape?

I don't know much about sacred geometry but I do like seeing it in this deck. I like that it's on her dress too. I think that's the only thing that's a little interesting to me.