Tarot cards and sex

Queen_Of_Cups27

Hey there,
I was wondering if you were to do a reading on sex what cards to you would show amazing passionate sex and which cards would show disappointing sex. The obvious cards are the wands suit as they show passion and lust, but what do other cards show in relation to sex in terms of enjoyment and what the sex would be like.
Pentacles is obviously a very sensual and earthly suit so would this show stamina and devotion during sex? What about the swords? The ace to me is a very sexual card but I'm not sure about the rest of the swords suit, it seems like there's a detachment in this suit in terms of sex. The cups are obviously very 'wet' and romantic and full of emotion.
Also I'd like to hear what you guys think about the court cards and majors when it comes to sex.

Sazzle

I had the devil 8 wands ace wands for great sex once :))
I'd literally just Starting doing tarot so I didn't understand what it meant and me and my ex had sex the first time that night. Safe to say i fully understand now lol

Ironically I've had 7 swords rx as sex too!! And the 7 pentacles rx. I honestly to this day don't understand how they are sexual cards. If anyone can fathom a guess on that.

I also got the 10 swords (I think rx, Maybe) once when I stopped Half way through due to betrayals of my past being brought up in my head. Complete turn off card.
8 wands as quickie :)

rubyofjoy

how deep do you want to go?

so many thing impact sexuality, do you just want to focus on the physicality? or the inner world of sex? The other cards could be referring to inner world of thoughts, beliefs, attitudes, etc.

ravenest

Tarot Tantra

How does each card in deck relate to sex ? You're funny !

Just plain good old fun sex ..... or ' tarot tantra sex ' ?

A fav is 'Lust' Trump II in Thoth deck . It can be a model for a 'tantric formula', or a relationship, or a partnership , sexual or not, or the relationship between 2 parts of the self - in the psyche.

Actually, it is a model for the inter relationship of active and passive principles ; let's call them, for ease, Man and Woman (or in the self , anima animus ) , specifically relevant for this particular age we now find ourselves in.

And what a radical, new, lightning fast evolving time it is ! Most noticeable , in the field of sex .

(or in the bed of sex instead .... if you susceptible grass rash ) is the rise, after many thousands of years, of the woman energy, or 'sexual equality'.

We have to adjust to take this in - here the woman is at an advantage, moving into newer positions of evolution, power, strength and equality. What about the Man ? He has a lot to do and a lot to 'lose' .... where does he stand now , is he losing power, and if so is it old unbalanced power and does he have potential now to address it and find new power in new expression of equality and fairness ?

How does the new man' do this, where are his models and icons, how does the new woman relate and relate to this new man, and the new man to the new woman.

This is the modern formula of magic, sex, tantra, relationship, etc .

And it is revealed in the outer and inner hidden knowledge revealed in the symbolisms expressed within of the Lust card.

When that is understood,then one can understand how the other cards slot into it

ravenest

so many thing impact sexuality, do you just want to focus on the physicality? or the inner world of sex? The other cards could be referring to inner world of thoughts, beliefs, attitudes, etc.

Nice title on your post :)

- I can see some great puns ... coming ... in this thread :)

SunChariot

Hey there,
I was wondering if you were to do a reading on sex what cards to you would show amazing passionate sex and which cards would show disappointing sex. The obvious cards are the wands suit as they show passion and lust, but what do other cards show in relation to sex in terms of enjoyment and what the sex would be like.
Pentacles is obviously a very sensual and earthly suit so would this show stamina and devotion during sex? What about the swords? The ace to me is a very sexual card but I'm not sure about the rest of the swords suit, it seems like there's a detachment in this suit in terms of sex. The cups are obviously very 'wet' and romantic and full of emotion.
Also I'd like to hear what you guys think about the court cards and majors when it comes to sex.

The Devil is the card about sex for me. That is one of it's set meanings for me. As to the question of whether it was amazing passionate sex or disappointing sex, the way I read THAT part would come to me from the card image and what I sensed it saying to me at the time.

I have a number of Tarots, over 50. The way I believe it works for me is that I feel "drawn" to choose the deck I do for a reading. It FEELS like the right one for that reading. I do tend to read more by the card image than through set meanings. So that means I would tend to be drawn to the deck that has the image of the card that would tell me most about what kind of sex we are talking about.

I also have 5 or 6 decks with sexual imagery. For myself or for a close friend I might just USE one of those as the image could have a lot to say on that. But not for anyone else. LOL

As for the Courts, never thought of that before but when I did it made me laugh! ROFL

The Kings for me are about taking yourself in hand, taking control of the situation and working things out on your own... I will leave that there. Never saw them that way before. Maybe I will stop this post here LOL

Babs

Lokismile

In addition to the above, a strong indicator of sexual energy when reading for strangers is the 3 of Discs in the Thoth deck. Check out the image and descriptor here -- the title is "Works"
http://www.corax.com/tarot/cards/index.html?disks-3

Cristallization, increase, manifestation -- they all accurately describe both the measurable emergence of the suite as well as the nature of the 3.
Indeed, Crowley specifically references "Erection" with this minor arcana. That factor often arises (pun fully intended) with my querents.

hermit-IX

depends what you are looking for sex...some people don't like sensuality so they wouldn't see them as sex cards

my definition of good sex is passionate emotions
i see knights as passionate
the devil is very up my alley
i've read that the tower can be viewed as a phalic symbol so that could offer suggestions about sex, i had it reversed before and it meant that a guy wasn't interested in me
i wouldn't mind getting moon as regards to sex because that's just what i like
someone mentioned 7 of swords and was confused as to why my thoughts are that it is a card of deception which sounds bad but when you apply it to a sex situation it kind of makes sense because it's about creating a reality that might not be, a fantasy if you will
most cup cards

but you can make any card a positive sex card
let's just randomly say three of swords...maybe it's so good that it let's you purge any negativity you have, that when you don't have it you feel pain, heartbroken or whatever, etc