Tarot cards and looks

Queen_Of_Cups27

Hi there, I was interested to know how people associate looks with the tarot cards or how people interpret the cards in terms of how a person sees someone's physical attributes/looks. I have some insight on what the cards mean in these associations but would like to hear some more interpretations

Some insight
Aces
Wand- someone who brings out desire and arousel in others, usually associated with lighter hair and eyes, could be seen as sexually exciting, hot and physically fit.
Pentacle-earthy in appearance, could be model like, well presented and looks like they spend a lot on the way they look, firm body, maybe a natural beauty seen as good looking by other, typically associated with darker hair.( although I sometimes get this card when asking about how someone views my appearance and I have blonde hair and blue eyes...)
Sword- maybe an ethereal look or elegant appearance, again someone physically fit also tall, not sure how else to interpret
Cup- beautiful, soft features, gorgeous, deep eyes, people probably see them as beautiful inside and out

Some minors that confuse me for physical appearance are 8 of swords, four of pentacles, five of pentacles, two of pentacles,
Also king of cups confuses me in terms of how someone views your appearance but I will try and give some insight on the courts anyway

Wands
Page-physically attractive, admired, most wands I see as someone thinks your hot or fit and I see sexual desire in this card aswell, someone who looks active
Knight-again very physical and shows good looks that make people want you sexually
Queen- someone with a lot of sex appeal and magneticism, very sexy and attractive,radiant,glowing skin, they are also attractive in the way they walk and talk,appealing
King- the same as the queen but more masculine, again shows desire
Pentacles-
Page- think this card definitely indicates good looks and could indicate that you can use your looks to your advantage, they take care of themselves and look healthy
Knight of pentacles- a person with great physical appeal possibly,again healthy looking, good skin, nice hair, they probably smell good,good body
Queen- curves in all the right places, girl next door type, natural beauty,radiates health, calm and soft features, subtly sexy
King-physically good looking and well presented, looks a million bucks

im not really sure how to interpret the swords this suit is hardest for me to read in regard to appearance, although the queen is probably quite stern looking, people admire from afar but only the bravest men approach her,sophisticated beauty, sharper maybe more masculine features but unattainable look to her, above anyone's league kind of thing

Page of cups I would see as someone cute and innocent looking with doll eyes, gentle features, people often admire their sweet features
Knight of cups- a person who is admired frequently,desirable, dreamy, irresistible, appealing
Queen of cups-a very feminine beauty, pretty,sweet, charming and magnetic looking,people are intrigued by her appearance, beautiful
As mentioned before not sure how to interpret king of cups

The majors that catch me off are the hanged man, the fool, the emperor, justice , death, temperance and at times the tower and the charit so would love to hear some insight on these and any others.

nisaba

Hi there, I was interested to know how people associate looks with the tarot cards or how people interpret the cards in terms of how a person sees someone's physical attributes/looks.

I don't, not really. In my experience, Tarot talks about the fundamental, real, long-lasting things about a person: their character and personal qualities. A simple kitchen accident can change your looks forever, but it doesn't change your nature: Tarot talks to your nature.

Don't we all know physically attractive people who are horrible? And plain, even ugly people, who are warm, generous, intelligent and wonderful-to-know? Tarot talks about what is *real* about a person, not the labelling that names-and-appearances are. At least, to me.

gregory

I'm totally with nisaba here. Which pains me, but she's right.

septimus

I've always associated the court cards with personality and position, though sometimes hair color fits the stereotypes...

geoxena

I don't associate the suits or human figures in tarot with a person's appearance or sex, usually. A male in a card could represent a woman in real life, and visa-versa. The figures in a card could represent aspects of personality, the atmosphere surrounding an issue, significant events, or almost anything - really. Hair color, I hardly notice, unless it gives me the impression of a feeling/attitude. Animals can represent people and people could represent animals. I don't think any of it can be set in stone, because you have to go with what your gut tells you when you see the card.

CrystalSeas

I suppose associating the images on the cards with real people would work if you limit your readings to certain ethnic groups.

The querants I see are often mixed race or Asian, or Pacific Islanders, or African American, so I find it quite difficult to pair them with standard RWS court cards.

elena_jaymz

Hi, I agree about what the other folks said: Tarots tend rather to point to characters and personalities, but I think that sometimes you can recognise particular visual clues or symbols reminding you of a specific person.
Once I did a reading about my mother's health and got the 5 of Pentacles, indeed that time she was using a crutch just like the crippled man in the card.