A tiny, photo lenormand...

kittydorkdork

I was recently bitten by the Lenormand bug. I don't have a deck so I was going to doodle one but then I found one already exists that looks exactly as I pictured... so I figured I'd do a simple little (stock) photo Lenormand. I've never liked a photo deck but I like the idea of using simple, in-your-face images like these.

Some more rambling in my blog post here along with a screenshot of what I have done so far.
https://counciloftheshadows.wordpress.com/category/my-projects/tiny-photo-lenormand/

What do you think? Is it even worth finishing? I think it might read pretty well actually. But who knows!

gregory

Yes it's very much worth finishing. And kudos to you. I made a photo tarot deck myself, to help me learn how tarot works - and it was one of the best things I ever did. Congratulations. If I were really into Lenormand, I'd buy one - though if you used stock photos you probably can't sell it anyway. I took my own; it was part of what helper me to "get" it !

In your face photos really help these things to relate to actual life, IMNVHO. (Looks like you used printer studio templates ?)

kittydorkdork

Hey gregory thanks for the response! I think making your own is a very good way to get to know something. I can't imagine doing my own photo tarot, that would be such a huge undertaking. You have a great deal of my admiration. Have you posted yours anywhere?

And I've made sure that the images I'm using are completely free to do with as I wish, so I don't have to worry about if I wanted to sell the deck or just keep it to myself or post on social media or whatever...

Yes I decided to use Printer Studio. I've been fiddling with a couple other projects using them and I have a deck I suspect is from them (White Rabbit Oracle?) and absolutely love the card stock.

gregory

Pity their costs have shot up :(

Mine took me about 8 years. I wasn't in any hurry. It was worth it for the learning (and the fun, looking for photos !) - I still catch myself saying "Look there's a good Empress," and..

ana luisa

That is AWESOME !!! Clear, bright, to the point, modern :thumbsup: I would TOTALLY finish it !!!

kittydorkdork

Mine took me about 8 years. I wasn't in any hurry. It was worth it for the learning (and the fun, looking for photos !) - I still catch myself saying "Look there's a good Empress," and..

Ohhh I love your take on the Devil card! It looks like a lot of love went into that deck.

That is AWESOME !!! Clear, bright, to the point, modern :thumbsup: I would TOTALLY finish it !!!

Thanks! I was really hoping I was doing it right with the clear and to-the-point parts. I haven't got to actually use Lenormand yet so I'm glad I'm doing it right.

gregory

Doing it is what helps SO much :)