Anino Lenormand

blue_fusion

A bit of a back story:

I like doodling. It's my way of passing time, especially when I'm waiting for something or someone. It also involves a looser artistic process, in an almost subconscious way - it's like automatic writing in that at times I do not have conscious control of what comes out of the pen. I also don't have to be careful if I might mistakes or anything. The mistakes get incorporated into the doodle itself.

Some time back, I thought of making my doodles more productive by giving them a theme. Hence this deck. It's sort of a sleeper deck since it really isn't one of my main projects but it got completed ahead of them. This was drawn while waiting for orders in restaurants, waiting for friends, waiting at the hospital, etc. - really, when I needed to kill time and don't need to focus on what I am drawing. I just had the card's theme in my head and allowed my subconscious to do the rest.

Anino means "shadow" in Filipino. The art is inspired by doodles, graffiti, shadow puppets, ethnic textile patterns, papercutting traditions, etc. They just all joined together hopefully coherently into this deck.

I am planning to release the deck next week by giving an early bird promo discount before I turn everything over to the Game Crafter next month. I am now thinking on what to do with the extra cards. The deck already has an extra child card (basically, there's a boy and there's a girl), and extra man and woman cards. I am not so sure what I should do with the rest. I have thought of turning the other extra cards into the deck's "booklet" - put some short meanings and a some instructions in them. But part of me feels that that's a bit of a waste too - the people who will buy the deck will probably already be aware of the meaning of the cards, and would only probably give the provided meanings a cursory scan. Maybe I can turn them into bookmarks, or something?

Any suggestions on what to do with the extra cards are very much welcome.

-Ly

(PS the writing system featured in the Book and Letter cards is a writing system I have developed in 6th grade and one which I still use until now. It's evolved fom something Runic, to something more Asian-looking)

Attachments

• ANINO.jpg
    ANINO.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 326

reall

oh! I like colors here! it would make fantastic Samhain-Autum deck!^^ lolz
and like story how you created it!^^ imo best things are made when we let our inspiration take best of us!^^:))

p.s totally know your idea with extra cards!x,x hope GC will one day remember to offer *exact number you need or at least 40card deck! facepalm :)
as far I know only this DTC do that?:))

OH! I GOT IDEA! why don't you just pick selection of your other cards/artworks and make it something like mini bookmarks promo collection?:D i know I would like that!^^ :))

whatever you do I'm sure it'll be fantastic!^^ as always!^^

all best!^^ lolz :))

Village Witch

Beautiful artwork! I personally would prefer the deck to have color as in your Gravenchase deck. Still a very stunning deck!

I don't use the extra cards that come with some decks. I keep them in a stack with all the other extra cards from other decks. Using them as bookmarkers is a great idea!

Lee

Fantastic artwork! Personally, I like the color just as it is. Great work!

MoonGypsy

Ly, it is absolutely gorgeous! i would be happy either way--as is or color!
The artwork is stunning!

Looking forward to your "Early Bird Discount" :D

blue_fusion

Thanks all for the kind words! :) I am attaching an image of the back design along with some other sample cards. I hope the light back design contrasts nicely with the dark fronts. The back design kinda reminds me of aged carved ivory.

As for the extra cards, well, there's 13 extra. A friend convinced me to turn them into Zodiac themed bookmarks, and maybe do something else with the one remaining card. These are bonus cards and people can opt not to use them, or they could also be a nice focus on a reading (say, using querent's zodiac sign). My friend also suggested these could be used to aid in timing (with the timing corresponding to the dates covered by each zodiac sign). But like I said, people can just opt to set them aside and not use them. It just seems such a waste not to put anything in these cards.

reall - That's a great suggestion (showcasing samples from other works in the extra cards). I may opt to do that with another deck in the future. :D

-Ly

Attachments

• ANINOSAMPLE2.jpg
    ANINOSAMPLE2.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 307

reall

oh! I like Zodiac cards! you have a smart friend! lolz :))

Barleywine

This is beautiful! Keep it just the way it is, and I'm in.

Village Witch

The back of the cards suits the deck perfectly!

blue_fusion

Samples of the zodiac freebies, so those extra cards won't be put to waste. I just need to doodle four more signs and they're all done.

-Ly

Attachments

• ZODIAC SAMPLES.jpg
    ZODIAC SAMPLES.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 267