oracle instead of tarot

Siochanai

Well here is my situation I am having a hard time with understanding Tarot. I tried the RWS and the Thoth. I am planning on trying to attack the Thoth again soon. I honestly do not know how it is going to go.

Could Oracle cards get me up and running quicker? I tend to use cards more for self reflection then divination of others. If so what decks should I look at? I tend to resonate much stronger with dark undertones. Hence the draw to the Thoth over the RWS.

Glass Owl

I love the Wisdom Of The House of Night oracle cards. While they are based on a book series, you don't need to be familar with to use it. My husband doesn't read Tarot or oracles but started using this deck and he clicked with it right away. It is very easy to work with, partly because it speaks so clearly. He likes it so much he bought the app for his phone too.

Celtictarot

To me the Oracle of the Shapeshifters and Oracle of Shadows & Light are excellent decks for getting the readings which really matter.

AJ

You are hurrying the journey, and the journey is the best part.

If you want fast food divination, get one of those magic 8 balls, the learning curve is very short.

Siochanai

To me the Oracle of the Shapeshifters and Oracle of Shadows & Light are excellent decks for getting the readings which really matter.

I will take a look at these decks. What are you getting at when you say readings that really matter? Do you mean readings about real life stuff or readings about inner self stuff?

You are hurrying the journey, and the journey is the best part.

If you want fast food divination, get one of those magic 8 balls, the learning curve is very short.

Hurrying the journey far from it. I am looking for something with a little less of a curve sure but that does not mean I am looking for fast food. I enjoy learning hence the reasoning behind tackling the Thoth again for the second time. At the same time I want something that will not take a life time to fully understand which I can dabble with while I tackle my huge Thoth journey. Is there something wrong with wanting to look into something different with a potential lower curve?

Altena

Often an oracle can seem more of a mellow start and it's not always as "fixed" in terms of interpretation as tarot decks can be. Starting out with oracles can be beneficial, but one thing I've learned from experience is that reading oracles will not make it easier to learn the tarot. Sometimes diving into it and really making a commitment to learning is the best way to go.

That said, there are many nice oracles out there that work very well for readings. My first was a tarot deck, but I felt there was too much to learn and read and study and so I went over to oracles.

There are a lot of nice oracles out there that will give you profound readings. One of my personal favorites is Ciro Marchetti's Oracle of Visions. It's self-published so it costs a bit, but it also holds a much higher quality than many of the mainstream decks out there. These cards don't have messages printed on them though. If that's a preference Oracle of the Dragonfae or the aforementioned Oracle of the Shapeshifters will be more of a match(to mention a few).

Whether you choose oracles or tarot decks it still takes a lot of meticulous studying and hard work. I have nine years of working with cards behind me and still I have barely left the starter's mark. Learning the tarot is a journey, a life-long one for many, and no matter how long you work at it there will always be more to learn.

It takes tons of patience, but it will bring you a tremendous insight and so much joy and inspiration if you only let it :)

Chronata

I really do think that some oracles are better suited to deep reflection and personal readings than tarot is.

The trick is to finding a deck that you gel with and are willing to give it a chance to blow your mind.

Two I recommend...Morgan's Tarot (for off the wall, weirdly psychedelic " ridiculous on the outside but soft and meaty on the inside" readings)

and the AH-HA Oracle for really getting into your own head...and soul.(By Linnie...who is a member here)

Neither of these are what I would call sumptuous or gorgeous art...if you want one of those, there are definitely others to look into...but these are both oracle decks that I have gotten AMAZING results from.

Celtictarot

Siochanai.

I mean when the readings really matter. They give excellent readings to help and none of this fluff readings. They do really help! Both inner and for weekly reads etc.

Siochanai

Thank you everyone for your input. I was looking through some Oracle decks some suggested here and others as well. I felt a really strong draw and connection instantly with the Oracle of Shadows & Light deck. Despite having words written on the cards which really is no big deal after seeing this deck my gut immediately told me I had to buy it and before realizing it I have it ordered and it is on the way.

Much appreciated and maybe this deck will lead me down a interesting road.

Celtictarot

Let us know how you get on ....