Sybilla/Lenormand

kalliope

Yes, the colouring is beautiful - much richer and it looks so much sharper as if the LoS one was pixelated but I know it isn't. No comparison in the colouring - but yes, it is one of the few Meneghello decks (such as the Dotti for example) which is hyper-glossy. I love it just the same. But so glossy it squeaks slightly if you rub the cards together!

That's very glossy!
Thanks for your thoughts on it, though. I guess I have to keep it on my wishlist. *sigh*

And if conurelover was referring to the other deck then I stick by what I said. There is nothing in my LWB about grouping (just checked). Maybe I read it in the Sibilla Gitana Sibilla LWB (also LoS). I need time - something I don't have - to check. The Every Day Oracle deck LWB is good, assuming these meanings are somehow traditional and not totally made up in a sort of Laura *off-the-top-of-my-head* Tuan way.

Someone here on AT sent me an excellent pdf of traditional Sibilla meanings which I have printed & bound but I struggle to remember their online name.

I agree that the Every Day Oracle LWB is good, now that I've had a chance to look at it. Those meanings jive with things I've seen others say in passing (others interested in traditional cards, who usually try to find sources in the countries where particular decks are popular.)

I wish you could remember who it was who sent you the pdf! I'd love to get my hands on it.

conurelover

I just assumed the LoS Vera Sibilla/Everyday Oracle is the same as La Vera Sibilla and ordered it off of Amazon. It has 3 week delivery date.

moonbear

I found a link in my Evernote sibilla notebook to a helpful blog post about the sibillas by AndyBC. He summarizes the similarities and differences between the Italian Sibillas and the related French decks, which are called the Parlour Sibyls.
Thanks for the link kalliope. It helped a lot, some good info on practical usage.

I've narrowed my search down to two, the Parlour Sibille http://www.cartes-production.com/jeu-de-52-cartes-la-sibylle-des-salons-p-2356-c-115.htm I think this just has the original French titles on the bottom of the cards plus English in the top right corner, very discreet. This is my preferred version of this deck. This version from Los I believe has full multi lingual titles http://www.loscarabeo.com/lang-en/divination/225-sibilla-indovina.html

and then this one, the Vera Sibilla Italiano http://www.cartes-production.com/jeu-de-52-cartes-oracle-quotidien-p-2409-c-74.htm There seems to be a lot of info available for learning this deck but I'm leaning more towards the french one at the moment. Still deciding!

I'm having a real backlash against Tarot at the moment. Just fed up with the navel gazing drivel :laugh:

conurelover

I just received my Vera Sibilla Italiana from Turin two weeks earlier than expected. It is beautiful! It is so much prettier (and different) than the Sibilla Indovina. The LWB has meanings and the basic crescent method. I can read Italian but the book carries translation in 5 languages. I am looking forward to trying the deck.

moonbear

I just received my Vera Sibilla Italiana from Turin two weeks earlier than expected. It is beautiful! It is so much prettier (and different) than the Sibilla Indovina. The LWB has meanings and the basic crescent method. I can read Italian but the book carries translation in 5 languages. I am looking forward to trying the deck.

conurelover, is it the same version as my link above? I was actually drawn to this one first but then found the Indovina (Parlour Sibille) and was rather pulled towards that one. Now I find myself returning to the Vera Sibilla Italiana :)

What a dilema lol

conurelover

conurelover, is it the same version as my link above? I was actually drawn to this one first but then found the Indovina (Parlour Sibille) and was rather pulled towards that one. Now I find myself returning to the Vera Sibilla Italiana :)

What a dilema lol

It is the same Vera Sibilla above (LoS). The only difference is the back design.

I will upload samples of each deck later if that would help. ;)

moonbear

I didn't even know there were different backs! Not keen on the one in the picture so lovely if there's another one available :)

And thanks conurelover, some samples would be really helpful!

conurelover

I didn't even know there were different backs! Not keen on the one in the picture so lovely if there's another one available :)

And thanks conurelover, some samples would be really helpful!

The backs of mine carry fleur-di-lis symbols.

I literally had Sibilla cards allover the living room floor.

I take bad pics but here you go...They are Hearts and Spades A and 2 and 6 side by side. Same for the Diamonds and Spades. The decks pretty much carry most of the same cards but in different places in the deck. I prefer Vera Sibilla because the meanings stand out to me easier. (Kind of like a Lenormand.) The parlour style makes me sit there and scratch my head as to their meaning.

And no I have no idea what the numbers at the bottom at the Vera Sibilla stand for. They aren't even in a logical sequence.

C-Heart
F-Club(flower)
Q-Diamond
P-Spade

Attachments

• Hearts.Spades.1.2.6.jpg
    Hearts.Spades.1.2.6.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 261
  • Diamonds.1.2.Spades.7.9.jpg
    Diamonds.1.2.Spades.7.9.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 248
  • VeraSibillaLoS.jpg
    VeraSibillaLoS.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 237

kalliope

My blue box, Lo Scarabeo, Every Day Oracle (Vera Sibilla Italiana) is the same as conurelover's, same pretty backs. The ISBN is 9788883956805, if that helps.

moonbear

conurelover, thanks very much for taking the photos :) Very helpful to see them side by side like that!

They are both very different looking decks. I hadn't realised that the Everyday Oracle now has black borders but they actually look lovely. I can see how you could run a story together with the keywords and the image.

I pulled three tarot cards to ask about the Everyday Oracle and drew 9 of Pents, Page of Pents and the Hierophant so that looks like a Green for Go lol :laugh: I also have free postage in amazon fr at the moment so it's not expensive.

And maybe the numbers are the lottery numbers?