What is your 'go to' deck?

AmethystEyes

What is that deck that no matter what the question you just pick it up without needing to think about it. It can handle anything. What is your ole faithful oracle deck? I have just realized that I don't really have one, I tend to go to Wisdom of the Hidden Realms alot but I feel like I want to explore more decks to find that loyal one, like my RWS tarot deck. What is yours? :D

danieljuk

oooh a tricky one! if I could only take one oracle with me on a desert island I would take the Mystical Kipper but I have different oracles for different areas and find it hard to pick just 1! For me the kipper is the best general use. I also love the Psycards for psychological matters and analysis, Earth Magic Oracle is quite good for general matters as well and finally the A'ha Oracle is brilliant for spirituality and really complex readings. Unlike Tarot I find it much harder to have just one! :)

I used to pick a daily card from the Daily Guidance From Your Angels Oracle and it really helped me through depression. The messages are always positive but I find it difficult to do other readings with cards that are balanced so positive. I think all my oracles have a place somewhere to use :thumbsup:

Owl Song

Tough question.

Enchanted Map probably, mostly because it can handle both divinatory readings and more internally focused questions. It's both practical and spiritual.

Oracle of Visions, too, for the same reason -- with the added beauty of there being tremendous flexibility in the cards and their meanings, if you're willing to think outside the box and embrace your own correspondences and associations.

AmethystEyes

oooh a tricky one! if I could only take one oracle with me on a desert island I would take the Mystical Kipper but I have different oracles for different areas and find it hard to pick just 1! For me the kipper is the best general use. I also love the Psycards for psychological matters and analysis, Earth Magic Oracle is quite good for general matters as well and finally the A'ha Oracle is brilliant for spirituality and really complex readings. Unlike Tarot I find it much harder to have just one! :)

I used to pick a daily card from the Daily Guidance From Your Angels Oracle and it really helped me through depression. The messages are always positive but I find it difficult to do other readings with cards that are balanced so positive. I think all my oracles have a place somewhere to use :thumbsup:
I just looked up the Mystical Kipper cards, they look interesting! I might just try those out! A'ha does look like it would be a very good intuitive deck which I have been looking for.
Tough question.

Enchanted Map probably, mostly because it can handle both divinatory readings and more internally focused questions. It's both practical and spiritual.

Oracle of Visions, too, for the same reason -- with the added beauty of there being tremendous flexibility in the cards and their meanings, if you're willing to think outside the box and embrace your own correspondences and associations.
Oh! I am very drawn to the Enchanted Map cards!
Do the Oracle of Visions deck not have words on them? I have been looking for a deck like that that wont distract me with the title and just let me intuitively interpret the picture.

Owl Song

Oh! I am very drawn to the Enchanted Map cards!
Do the Oracle of Visions deck not have words on them? I have been looking for a deck like that that wont distract me with the title and just let me intuitively interpret the picture.

No words on the Oracle of Visions cards. It's such a great deck for getting in touch with your intuition. Ciro designed it with intuitive reading in mind. The little book that comes with it gives you a jumping off point for each card but is by no means exhaustive.

I had the self-published edition, which I gave to my sister. And then I bought the US Games version which is equally fantastic. Very reasonable price tag, too.

Barleywine

No words on the Oracle of Visions cards. It's such a great deck for getting in touch with your intuition. Ciro designed it with intuitive reading in mind. The little book that comes with it gives you a jumping off point for each card but is by no means exhaustive.

This is going to be my next oracle deck (well, my first official one, actually). I will probably ignore the LWB since the whole purpose of this type of deck seems to be totally visionary. Free associaiton at its finest.

Padma

Go-to oracle deck is probably Lenormand and Kipper, if they count...? Though they are more like fortune telling decks. The Vintage is nice, too.

I like Madame Endora. As well as Hidden Realms. I also have the A'HA and I do like it. It's a hard one to call! I have at least 20 oracle decks...and it always depends on the situation, question, and mood...!

ETA I am also extremely fond of my Shakespeare Tarot Oracle deck! It is a bit of the best of both worlds, with plenty of Shakespeare quotes, to boot! It is OOP now though.

Tanga

*Returning to this thread - and wondering why I answered this question here below ? Lol. Apologies for confusion as I'm obviously answering in "Tarot" mode here. My one "go-to" Oracle deck would be Medicine Cards by Sams and Carson - which has mostly been for one card draws for myself or others. Just beginning to explore using Oracle decks for larger readings for others*

... I have 2

For Tarot it's a toss-up between Halloween Tarot (Kipling-West):
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/halloween/
- light hearted and makes me laugh.
and Gendron Tarot (Melanie Gordon):
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/gendron/
- beautiful, detailed, introspective.

At some point I believe the Night Sun Tarot may become a 3rd option.
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/night-sun-tarot/
Then I'll have a lovely Maiden, Mother, Crone choice thing going... (just realised - how cool!).

If it were Lenormand - My Pagan Lenormand. (But I've only just begun and am brand new to this format - so loooong time before they're properly functional in my hands. The deck itself is perfectly neo-Pagan - and amazingly, has some wildlife that I can really relate to. It makes me laugh as well.).
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/pagan-lenormand-oracle/

My Oracle decks are more for leisurely personal exploration/development/conversations with Other - or used as "Bonus messages" in a reading - rather than the "go to" for burning questions.
This may change when I master the JW Waterhouse Oracle deck however - another long project as it's also just new.

AmethystEyes

... I have 2

For Tarot it's a toss-up between Halloween Tarot (Kipling-West):
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/halloween/
- light hearted and makes me laugh.
and Gendron Tarot (Melanie Gordon):
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/gendron/
- beautiful, detailed, introspective.

At some point I believe the Night Sun Tarot may become a 3rd option.
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/night-sun-tarot/
Then I'll have a lovely Maiden, Mother, Crone choice thing going... (just realised - how cool!).

If it were Lenormand - My Pagan Lenormand. (But I've only just begun and am brand new to this format - so loooong time before they're properly functional in my hands. The deck itself is perfectly neo-Pagan - and amazingly, has some wildlife that I can really relate to. It makes me laugh as well.).
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/pagan-lenormand-oracle/

My Oracle decks are more for leisurely personal exploration/development/conversations with Other - or used as "Bonus messages" in a reading - rather than the "go to" for burning questions.
This may change when I master the JW Waterhouse Oracle deck however - another long project as it's also just new.
I like the Night Sun deck, I gonna have to add that to my list!

kimtsan

I have two: Wisdom from the Hidden Realms and Enchanted Map. :) Right now, I'm finding myself drawn to the Kuan Yin Oracle and Healing with Faeries, however...