Australian Wildflower Reading Cards

The Happy Squirrel

I do think picture cards -- oracles, tarot, reading cards -- are fantastic gateways for learning about different cultures. I have the Aussie Wildflower deck, and now the oop Oracle of the Dreamtime, and I'm learning very interesting myths to go along with the pictures. They're like anchors. It's not a very deep kind of learning, but the opportunity for it is there if I want to take it.

There's a Japanese mythology tarot that's on my wishlist too -- if only the shipping weren't so pricey.

I will say though there's not much to learn about Australian nature through this deck... unless you're already here and want to identify some plants you enjoy. :grin:

Haha, happy to help. [emoji106]

I am still using this deck daily. It's actually put tarot on the backburner, since I enjoy meditating and journalling with the larger cards so much. The keywords I find evocative. Another deck I've seen has trite stuff like "Man of the earth" ; .

Do you recall the name of the Japanese mythology deck?

As for trite, one of the reason I failed in my first attempt to like the oracle cards is that exact thing. A lot of trite titles and messages :D

meeka4monty

Thank you!! I wasn't aware you could get essential oils of these flowers. The price tag makes me wince though -- $15 for 15mL -- and makes me wonder how much the "vibrational healing signatures" have inflated the price. I'm also pretty sure that, contrary to what the site recommends, essential oils aren't meant to be eaten, since they can be highly toxic. For example, wintergreen oil.

Do you know of any other retailers for something similar?

My pleasure!

The Australian Bush Flower Essence system actually is not essential oils. They are essences similar to the Bach Flower Essences. Rather than distilled oil constituents of the plants, the flowers are picked and used to energetically charge waters which are then used like a mother tincture to make stock and dosage essences (much like a mother tincture is used to make dosage tinctures - without the 'drug' component). The waters are then what the company uses throughout their product line. Once the waters are charged - and I don't exactly know that process - the flowers are removed and the water remains. Much like rain drops upon flower petals that have been used throughout history to heal. The product line is sold throughout Australian commercial pharmacies and stores so here they have quite a following and reputation.

They are not the cheapest things but if they work for you I then think they are worth it. I love their moisturisers! I am not sure about international distributors however.

I too work with the Australian bush flower cards and if a flower is something I want to incorporate further into my life with working with the card, this is the way I do it. An extra hint is, that unlike many substances that often 'weaken' or seem to 'dilute', the essences are said to hold their charge. You can then get 1 bottle and use a few drops to make more bottles! Then you can use the flower water in a whole range of ways, drinking water, aromatisers (with your essential oils), baths, spritzers and so on.

Again, I am not an authority on this and if you should have any concerns or additional questions definitely do your own research. I just love the essences personally! I hope this makes things a little more clear and if it resonates with you, you have fun working with your cards is this way :)

The Happy Squirrel

I do think picture cards -- oracles, tarot, reading cards -- are fantastic gateways for learning about different cultures. I have the Aussie Wildflower deck, and now the oop Oracle of the Dreamtime, and I'm learning very interesting myths to go along with the pictures. They're like anchors. It's not a very deep kind of learning, but the opportunity for it is there if I want to take it.

There's a Japanese mythology tarot that's on my wishlist too -- if only the shipping weren't so pricey.

I will say though there's not much to learn about Australian nature through this deck... unless you're already here and want to identify some plants you enjoy. :grin:

Look what I found!

https://www.rockpoolpublishing.com.au/dreamtime-reading-cards

daenys

Do you recall the name of the Japanese mythology deck?

As for trite, one of the reason I failed in my first attempt to like the oracle cards is that exact thing. A lot of trite titles and messages :D

Yes, it's the Nihonshinwa tarot (which has its own thread in the Tarot Decks subforum).

I have seen that deck actually! The Wildflower cards were just so amazing -- in content and print quality -- I had to go see the rest of Rockpool's range. Unfortunately, no other deck there really speaks to me.

My pleasure!

The Australian Bush Flower Essence system actually is not essential oils. They are essences similar to the Bach Flower Essences. Rather than distilled oil constituents of the plants, the flowers are picked and used to energetically charge waters which are then used like a mother tincture to make stock and dosage essences (much like a mother tincture is used to make dosage tinctures - without the 'drug' component). The waters are then what the company uses throughout their product line. Once the waters are charged - and I don't exactly know that process - the flowers are removed and the water remains. Much like rain drops upon flower petals that have been used throughout history to heal. The product line is sold throughout Australian commercial pharmacies and stores so here they have quite a following and reputation.

They are not the cheapest things but if they work for you I then think they are worth it. I love their moisturisers! I am not sure about international distributors however.

I too work with the Australian bush flower cards and if a flower is something I want to incorporate further into my life with working with the card, this is the way I do it. An extra hint is, that unlike many substances that often 'weaken' or seem to 'dilute', the essences are said to hold their charge. You can then get 1 bottle and use a few drops to make more bottles! Then you can use the flower water in a whole range of ways, drinking water, aromatisers (with your essential oils), baths, spritzers and so on.

Again, I am not an authority on this and if you should have any concerns or additional questions definitely do your own research. I just love the essences personally! I hope this makes things a little more clear and if it resonates with you, you have fun working with your cards is this way :)

I stand corrected. It's lovely that you enjoy these essences so much. Actually I do live in Australia so I'll look for them in-store. :D Hopefully they have testers.

daenys

Ah, I forgot to mention, an interesting synchronicity happened to me yesterday. I chose Hoya as my card of the day and on my city wanderings I stumbled across a plant nursery. Now, I've been yearning to get a plant for my bedroom for a long while. And what should the staff person recommend but a potted Hoya!

Needless to say I bought it right away. I hope it survives...

The Happy Squirrel

I love plants but I have whatever it is that is the opposite of a green thumb.... Every plant I touched - except for a cactus and a pot of fern - died :(

daenys

Aw no :( Maybe there was just one little thing you kept doing wrong. What did the store person say?

The Happy Squirrel

Aw no :( Maybe there was just one little thing you kept doing wrong. What did the store person say?

Water it....? You know the usual. Water, sun. And I did. So maybe I will try again and keep trying :p

daenys

Hmm... could it be too much water?

In the interests of staying on topic apparently Cheralyn Darcey is releasing a sequel deck in October. Here's the link: https://www.rockpoolpublishing.com.au/flower-reading-cards

I'm dubious, considering that for the same price, there are only 36 cards compared to 44. And it has a thinner book.

The Happy Squirrel

Hmm... could it be too much water?

In the interests of staying on topic apparently Cheralyn Darcey is releasing a sequel deck in October. Here's the link: https://www.rockpoolpublishing.com.au/flower-reading-cards

I'm dubious, considering that for the same price, there are only 36 cards compared to 44. And it has a thinner book.

Probably.....

I saw that. For some reason I am not drawn to it in the same way.....