Animal-Based Oracle Decks?

danieljuk

The Power Animal Oracle is popular on AT, I see it used quite a lot and I bought it and I am not sure about it. The artwork is almost cartoony with very yellow (hugely) bordered cards but it does have a wide range of animals. I don't hate it but because I intuitively read, the artwork is tricky for me. However I have had good readings with it. If you like the artwork and messages on the AT page for it, it's worth getting but if it turns you off, I wouldn't get it probably. I use mine for general readings for other people most of the time, I think it would excellent for spirit animal readings and I haven't done that type of reading as yet :)

Glass Owl

I love the Animal Whispers Empowerment Cards. The cards are beautiful and the deck reads well for me.

The Happy Squirrel

I'd forgotten all about these cards by Sandra Kunz which I'd bookmarked months ago. You need to scroll down to see samples. The artwork is really lovely and I like the titles she's given the animals. I just wish I could see a sample of the LWB.

I like this one....

Madrigal

There's a sample of the World Dreaming lwb on the publisher's website. I'm not sure about the original Dreaming, but I'm sure you can turn up all the cards on Google.

...actually, here you go: serenitiesblessings.blogspot.com.au/2011/04/animal-dreaming-oracle-cards.html

(blog not mine)

That's just gorgeous.

Thanks, daenys. I've looked at these and quite like them. Would like to see a few of the more common animals in the collection though.

I highly recommend "The Messenger Cards" by Sandra Kunz! The booklet that comes with it is excellent IMHO. She did both the artwork for the deck and the text for the LWB, which I always find really helps me to connect with a deck.

Good to know. In fact if you click on each card a sample from the LWB comes up.

The Power Animal Oracle is popular on AT, I see it used quite a lot and I bought it and I am not sure about it. The artwork is almost cartoony with very yellow (hugely) bordered cards but it does have a wide range of animals. I don't hate it but because I intuitively read, the artwork is tricky for me. However I have had good readings with it. If you like the artwork and messages on the AT page for it, it's worth getting but if it turns you off, I wouldn't get it probably. I use mine for general readings for other people most of the time, I think it would excellent for spirit animal readings and I haven't done that type of reading as yet :)

Thanks, Daniel. I've looked at these and they're not quite my style for all the reasons you mention above.

I love the Animal Whispers Empowerment Cards. The cards are beautiful and the deck reads well for me.

Thanks, Glass Owl.

Padma

Colette Baron-Reid has a deck that features animals - her Wisdom of Avalon deck gives good readings, and features several animals, along with fairies and the Arthurian cast of characters. THe artwork is quite becoming, and the LWB is very detailed.

:)

Madrigal

Colette Baron-Reid has a deck that features animals - her Wisdom of Avalon deck gives good readings, and features several animals, along with fairies and the Arthurian cast of characters. THe artwork is quite becoming, and the LWB is very detailed.

:)

How serendipitous your post is, Padma. This deck just arrived on my doorstep this morning and as I was going through it I thought, hmm, this is just the collection of animals and natural world I was looking for :thumbsup:

Padma

Wow! Well, I am really glad you like it! It is a great deck to work with. I have the old version, that has several cards with the same background, featuring a sign post with a word on it - Trust or Love or Fears, stuff like that. I hope you received the newer version, with illustrated backgrounds for those cards :) Enjoy!

Madrigal

Wow! Well, I am really glad you like it! It is a great deck to work with. I have the old version, that has several cards with the same background, featuring a sign post with a word on it - Trust or Love or Fears, stuff like that. I hope you received the newer version, with illustrated backgrounds for those cards :) Enjoy!

I'm pretty sure it's the newer version. The backgrounds aren't super detailed or too differentiated but there is a scene from nature on all those kinds of cards.

Celtictarot

I have Nature's Wisdom by ? Lightfoot, it is a Schiffer deck. And I also have the Sacred World Oracle by Kris waldherr.

Morwenna

The one I have is Beasts of Albion.