Pairing the Thoth with an oracle?

DDwarks

Insulting? Shocking?

Bear with me......

I was reading a "pairing tarot with oracle" thread and it made me wonder if the mighty Thoth could actually work alongside an oracle and if so which one.

My knowledge of oracles is on the very limited side so I can't suggest anything really but I'm curious to know what you think.

Can an oracle be in the same league/compliment the Thoth or is the Thoth a be all and end all singleton?

Edited to add:
Should I have posted this in the Thoth forum instead????

Barleywine

Good question. My experience with oracle decks is also limited, but what I've seen up to now doesn't look like a good match. I'm sure something exists, though, and this is the place to find out about it.

RavenOfSummer

Take my suggestion with a spoonful of salt, since I own neither the Thoth nor the oracle I'm about to suggest, but...what about the Sacred Geometry Oracle? I'm basing this mostly on the visual sense I've gotten from both from looking through the images.

Barleywine

Take my suggestion with a spoonful of salt, since I own neither the Thoth nor the oracle I'm about to suggest, but...what about the Sacred Geometry Oracle? I'm basing this mostly on the visual sense I've gotten from both from looking through the images.

Based on what I see in the AT listing, I think this would be a good fit. I'm probably going to buy it at some point for this and other purposes.

DDwarks

Based on what I see in the AT listing, I think this would be a good fit. I'm probably going to buy it at some point for this and other purposes.

Interesting indeed! Im probably going to buy it at some point too as im very curious to experiment.
My understanding of the Thoth geometry is that it was Lady FH's addition/idea. Agreed by Crowley of course but hers nonetheless.

RavenOfSummer...well done :thumbsup:

Barleywine

Interesting indeed! Im probably going to buy it at some point too as im very curious to experiment.
My understanding of the Thoth geometry is that it was Lady FH's addition/idea. Agreed by Crowley of course but hers nonetheless.

RavenOfSummer...well done :thumbsup:

Yes, her style was based on what's called "Synthetic Projective Geometry." Although I read up on it a while ago, I don't entirely understand the mathematics behind it. "Sacred Geometry" is something different, but I like the convergence I see in some of the oracle cards.

DDwarks

(link deleted..)

I'm putting this here to read later when I have more time.
I'll look into Sonnenraum too and see how the oracle mentioned by Raven compares.

DDwarks

"Sacred Geometry" is something different, but I like the convergence I see in some of the oracle cards.

Yes some of them almost look like a blue print of the Thoth. Like an underlay?

RavenOfSummer

Yay! Would love to hear how it goes if you try working with this pairing :)