Mixing Tarot/Oracle cards?

Silverlyn

Hi.

Has anyone ever mixed their cards? Either mixing entire decks together and/or making their own deck comprised of each card from a different deck?

Silverlyn

IndigoWonders

I don't but I know there's someone here who has paired their tarot decks to oracle decks. I still think they are kept seperate but used in conjunction with one another. I think one pair was Tarot of Druids and Druid Animal Oracle.

BodhiSeed

Hi Silverlyn,
I pair my each of my tarot decks with an oracle deck. When I do a tarot reading, I always pull an oracle card to sum up the reading.

Bodhran

Niti

I could see how this would be interesting, but personally, I think there are enough cards in one tarot deck to get a message across without adding more!

It's something I could see myself trying one day just to experiment, but I wouldn't make a habit of it...

Silverlyn

Mixing Decks

I am going to try going through several of my favorite decks and making an entire 'mixed' deck comprised of cards from different decks to add up to the 78 cards.

Silverlyn

Stormdancer

I've thought of doing this as well because there are always some cards in each deck that I LOVE and others that I detest. I guess what's stopped me is that each deck has it's own "style" and sometimes the different styles may not mesh?? I did buy a copy of the Tarot of the Northern Shadows to mix with the Tarot of the Old Path. I've n ot tried to read with it yet, but i thought that since both decks were by the same artists the styles may not clash. Let me know if you decide to do this and which cards from which decks....let me know now it works for you.

'Tis a gift
Stormdancer

Silverlyn

I'll let you know!

What I'm probably going to do is Mix The Gilded and The Quest Tarot....(tho I love almost every single image in The Quest, so don't know how that will work out:)

Then, I'm going to try mixing my Tarot Favole (when I get it) with The Gothic Tarot (Vargo)..those two decks are soooooo gothicly gorgeous!

I'll let you know what it'll be like..and even give you a breakdown of each card in my mixed deck if you wish:)

Silverlyn

firefrost

This all sounds very interesting.

I've sometimes felt a 'push' to finish a reading off with an Oracle card but thats all I've done.

Good luck with your mixings, I hope you get the results you want.

Little Hare

I mix tarot and oracle cards... sometimes I feel using oracle cards with a tarot reading can offer a fresh and differing perspective... decks that I have used together are; The Fey + Goddess Guidance Oracle, The Fey + The Australian Animal Dreaming Oracle

I think the main thing is to do what you feel comfortable with :)

missycab

I think that it's a very interesting idea. But the problem may be the different sizes of the two decks you'd be using. I guess I'd use them "together but apart". For example, in a spread I'd use the Tarot cards for most of the positions, and reserve the last one ("result", "advice", etc) for the Oracle card.

I also agree with those who said that the decks must have something in common... I can't imagine using the Jane Austen with the I.ching Oracle!! :p