Victorian Flower Oracle

geministar

Victorian Flower Oracle by MRP

I was wondering if anyone else has this deck and what you think about the readings you get from this deck. Do you do one-card draws or readings with several cards? I think with this deck I'd prefer to use several cards in a reading.

Also, how to you find this deck generally as a reading deck?

I received this deck as a gift for xmas and straight away I had to order the Dahlia bag from MRP. So far Ive been having fun reading the book and before I start trying some readings thought I might try and get some stories from others who also have the same deck :)

AJ

your are talking about the one from Magic Realist, right? There are a couple with very similar names.

I'm using it as my reading deck this week and on my blog. I used it early this year a couple of times in the intuitive oracle circles. That is a great place to use your oracles!

I really like Granville's art so you know this is a favorite oracle with me. I find a spread of cards with positions is a lot easier read than a daily draw..but then it's only Monday. As a daily draw I think I'm getting stymied by the keyword. I'm going to try to turn it tomorrow and keep that covered...

do you have the book that goes with the deck?

geministar

Yes! That is the one Im talking about :D

I have the book to go with it too. Ive been having fun reading the book but havent done spreads yet so was interested to see others' viewpoints first.

The artwork is beautiful isnt it?

Im glad to hear you like using this deck too :)

6 Haunted Days

I adore this oracle!! I had to get it straight away when it was released. It reads like a dream for me, it's very chatty :D The images are just so wonderful and delicate. Isn't the colouring delicious? I love the book, I've learned much about flowers since getting this set.

This one is a rare treasure indeed. Glad to hear you're loving it so much geministar!

Muir Aingeal

I just came across this deck last night and ordered it. It is really beautiful! The flowers on the cards reminded me of my grandmothers wall paper in her old victorian home that she had & also her embroidered dish cloths..ahhh! nostalgia....

Miss Divine

I have it, and I love it.
I haven't used it recently, but I mostly used it together with my fantastic menagerie deck, more for like an extra message.

Asher

Miss Divine said:
I have it, and I love it... I mostly used it together with my fantastic menagerie deck, more for like an extra message.

I just got this in the mail and I am loving the illustrations! I haven't used my Fantastic Menagerie deck in awhile, so I am planning to take both decks to Tarot Circle this week. I anticipate some great messages from this pair!

Asher

Chronata

I wish mine gave me good readings. :(
I think maybe I just need to work with it a little more.

Most of the time, it's not terribly accurate for me. I think I need to keep the book with the deck however, and stop trying to read it intuitively!

(unfortunately...the book is here, and the deck is at my moms.)

It's been reminding me of the readings I get with the Doreen Virtue decks...pretty, but not with a lot of substance.

Asher

Amazing!

I took my Fantastic Menagerie & Victorian Flower Oracle to our weekly Tarot Circle today. My co-facilitator was leading us through a spread, and I pulled a card from each deck for each spread position. And the results were incredible!

The VFO was dead on in agreement with the FM. One position, "A Weakness", gave me Temperance from the FM. I am not often temperate, I like to indulge myself & others, and it's hard for me to be moderate. The VFO gave me Hawthorne - A Necessary Evil...exactly my views about Temperance. [The card depicts the hawthorne flower being persued by a large pair of pruning shears] And the entire reading went the same way, each oracle card reinforcing or adding nuance to the FM card.

What a great pair of decks to work with! I am so glad I got the VFO!

Asher

Jewel

Asher said:
The VFO gave me Hawthorne - A Necessary Evil...exactly my views about Temperance. [The card depicts the hawthorne flower being persued by a large pair of pruning shears]
That is one of my favorite cards in the deck.

Chronata, I don't much about flower symbolism, but I found the deck to read well intuitively once I just relaxed and started really looking at the facial expressions, scenery, mood, etc. I guess I am used to reading with my FM so I have been able to apply the same manner of looking at the cards to get the answers.

I find the deck excellent for inter-relationship type readings (I am not talking romance) or pegging on aspects of personality that are at play in a given situation. I bought this oracle mainly for the artwork, and was pleasantly surprised with how much I enjoy reading with it.