Other angel oracle decks?

bershka

Hiya,

I am getting tired of using Doreen Virtue's decks and I would like to try other angel oracle decks :)

Which ones do you recommend?

Do any of you have Angel Blessings by Kimberly Marooney or Angels of Light Cards by Diana Cooper?

faunabay

I have Angel Blessings. It's really good. Not quite so nicey nice like Doreen Virtues decks. It does have some more spice and depth to the angels.

I used the Angel Blessings for a while, but now it's been sitting on my shelf. It seems for me, when I want to pull out an angel deck I want the nicey nice stuff. LOL

I looked at the Angels of Light deck by Cooper thinking I might like them too and if I remember right I don't think they have any artwork on the cards - just words. That didn't appeal to me at all. So I passed on them.

Little Hare

I recommend

Ask an Angel by toni carmin salerno!

Hands down the best

Check out some of his cards here: http://www.tonicarminesalerno.com/oracle_index.htm

For more scans of the cards... do a search here on AT in the oracle readings section and find Elven's thread using these cards... she includes scans of them in a few of her readings!

everytime i work with the cards they always humble me... and on occasion have made me cry

bershka

Thanks so much faunabay and peace_pixie! :heart:

faunabay, I am so glad you told me there were only words on Diana's "Angel of Light" cards. I didn't pay attention and I was thinking of purchasing them!

As for Angel Blessings, do you know a link where I can see the cards? What do you mean by "not so quite nicey nice"? Are you referring to the artwork? I heard it's a great deck to meditate, not so much a deck to give you quick answers.

peace_pixie... hmmmm I am really thinking of getting Salermo's "Ask An Angel" deck. Sounds really nice! :D

faunabay

bershka said:
As for Angel Blessings, do you know a link where I can see the cards? What do you mean by "not so quite nicey nice"? Are you referring to the artwork? I heard it's a great deck to meditate, not so much a deck to give you quick answers.
Here's the authors link:
http://www.kimberlymarooney.com/books/angel-blessings/angel-blessings.html

And you know how in Doreen Virtue's decks pretty much all of the cards have a positive spin on them. There's really not a single one that could be considered "scary". But if you think about it some angels can be overwhelming and a little scary. Angel Blessings does include some of this. You can draw a card that might freak you out a bit. Where with Doreen's decks that doesn't happen. That's what I meant by "nicey nice".

Angel Blessings is a great meditation deck but I've done some readings with it and got alot of wonderful information. So if you get one don't count it out as a reading deck either.

Moonbow

My only two angel decks are Kimberly Morooney's and Ambika Wauters'.

Kimberly's deck offers cards taken from paintings and they are very beautiful, but I also like her book which accompanies them. Her system for the hierarchy is a bit different to what is considered the norm but it got me thinking more deeply, and ultimately the hierarchy is not important because and angel is an Angel when it approaches you.

Ambika Wauters deck offers the typical hierarchy and a very sensitive approach to understanding how each one can help us in our daily lives, and the difficult decisions that we come across.

I'll be honest, Doreen Virtue's decks do very little for me. I do consider these two by Kimberly Marooney and Ambika Wauters to be the best and most serious Angel decks out there.

bershka

faunabay said:
Here's the authors link:
http://www.kimberlymarooney.com/books/angel-blessings/angel-blessings.html

And you know how in Doreen Virtue's decks pretty much all of the cards have a positive spin on them. There's really not a single one that could be considered "scary". But if you think about it some angels can be overwhelming and a little scary. Angel Blessings does include some of this. You can draw a card that might freak you out a bit. Where with Doreen's decks that doesn't happen. That's what I meant by "nicey nice".

Angel Blessings is a great meditation deck but I've done some readings with it and got alot of wonderful information. So if you get one don't count it out as a reading deck either.

Hiya,

Thanks for giving me more information about Angel Blessings!

Yes, Doreen Virtue's decks all have positive spins... if you don't mind, could you share an experience where you had a card that freaked you out?

I am tired of working with Virtue's decks and really wanna have a different experience with angels through decks :D :D

bershka

Moonbow* said:
My only two angel decks are Kimberly Morooney's and Ambika Wauters'.

Kimberly's deck offers cards taken from paintings and they are very beautiful, but I also like her book which accompanies them. Her system for the hierarchy is a bit different to what is considered the norm but it got me thinking more deeply, and ultimately the hierarchy is not important because and angel is an Angel when it approaches you.

Ambika Wauters deck offers the typical hierarchy and a very sensitive approach to understanding how each one can help us in our daily lives, and the difficult decisions that we come across.

I'll be honest, Doreen Virtue's decks do very little for me. I do consider these two by Kimberly Marooney and Ambika Wauters to be the best and most serious Angel decks out there.

Thanks for sharing your input Moonbow!

Now, I am strongly thinking of purchasing Angel Blessings thanks to your sales pitch and faunabay's lol

I will research on Wauters' deck.....

Thanks a lot :love: