Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 288 : February 4 - February 10

CharlotteK

I have been enjoying reading with the Dreaming Way Tarot this week. It's a strange looking deck, though the artwork is clean and pleasant with attractive colours and composition. It's given me some very good readings and it's been a joy to work with. Bought it on a whim but have been quite impressed with it. Definitely not a blah deck and not as superficial as it looks.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Scarlet Woodland

Wow, sounds like an intense combo of choices for the week. :eek: I'm kind of curious about the smutty-themed perfumes. :D

Was a wee bit intense but turned out to be surprisingly straight in the answer department. Maybe they cancelled out each others quirks. The smutty perfume update finally landed today :party: I am trawling through it with Prosecco and a sly grin.

https://blackphoenixalchemylab.com/product-category/limited-edition/lupercalia-2017/

Peruse at your peril :D :D

ETA: Artwork definitely not safe for work

Amberjune

My experience with the Mini Motherpeace Tarot and the Labyrinth Wisdom Cards this week:

Motherpeace is a very friendly, eager deck; the readings were matter-of-fact, supportive, down to earth. I really like this deck, it is practical and similar to the Pagan Otherworlds, really helps me to see things in a balanced, 'neutral' way.

I will be using this deck when I am feeling emotionally overwrought and/or need to reconnect to simplicity, reconnect to my center.

The Labyrinth Wisdom cards (I drew one daily card) seemed to reflect a longing being activated within. For instance, I longed for a walk in nature drew a corresponding card.
I longed for intimacy and drew the Soulmate card for two consecutive days.

The two decks go together well. I really enjoyed working with them this week.

Carojulie

This last week I had near to no time to do tarot, but I was glad nevetheless to have my Alice deck nearby. I did not do much draws, but I went through the cards and read some of the companion books, and that in itself I
enjoyed much.

Retrospectively, it is fun to think that, for the past two years at least, I was resisting the urge to get this deck. I was under the impression that it would be tough because I was not familiar enough with the Alice culture, that it was not "that" beautiful... that it was not worth my spending the price on it when other Baba decks I loved more. I had decided that I would pass on this one, and for at least two years, I visited the Baba shop without giving the Alice deck a second thought.
I only gave in very recently, and the reason was a strange one : when I eventually clicked on "buy", I was not yet entirely sold on the deck. I was merely thinking that I should get it before I got OOP, because my experience with several MRP decks had been the same : I think I do not like them enough to pay the price, so I pass on them, then they are OOP and I start seeing the images on the net and reading reviews, I fall belatedly in love with them, and I regret bitterly that it is too late to get them.
So I bought this quite pricey deck whithout really thinking I would love it. I thought that I could at least try, so as nt to risk missing it once OOP. I thought the danger was low, since I could always sell it as a second if I did not click with it.
And as soon as it got in my hands... Whow ! deep, deep love at first sight. I am seriously smitten now, and I cannot understand that at one point, this deck left me cold. I am SO glad I got it !

I am tempted to keep this deck for one more week, but I also have other decks that demand my attention....