Disposing of a tarot deck

Petalene

I'm new to tarot. Apparently, I picked a bad place to leave my deck and the cards are all stuck together. The case is knit and it's fine, so I don't know if it was mositure or heat or what. I have a replacement deck on order.

Is there a proper way to dispose of the damaged cards? I can toss then, recycle them, or burn them, but I wasn't sure if there was a better way. Thanks for any suggestions.

Barleywine

I'm new to tarot. Apparently, I picked a bad place to leave my deck and the cards are all stuck together. The case is knit and it's fine, so I don't know if it was mositure or heat or what. I have a replacement deck on order.

Is there a proper way to dispose of the damaged cards? I can toss then, recycle them, or burn them, but I wasn't sure if there was a better way. Thanks for any suggestions.

Some people use them for collage art, and some make talismans, pendants or mobiles out of pieces of them. But that's a lot of cards to find alternative uses for. I think I would toss them in my wood stove, or just trash them. I don't think I would bother with any kind of ritual demise.

azucena.alev

I'd say it has to do with personal beliefs.

Personally, if it's something that I used as a tool to guide or help me in some way, I don't throw them out in the garbage. I find some other "more respectful" way to dispose of them. For cards, I'd see if they can be recycled, for example.

If it's something I never actually used, though, I'd probably be less invested in finding a good way to dispose of them. But again, that's my opinion. I see it as an energy taken - energy given thing.

gregory

If any of the individual cards are still OK, you could offer them up in the missing cards thread...

Barleywine

If any of the individual cards are still OK, you could offer them up in the missing cards thread...

This is the best idea yet. I've personally benefited from this practice.

Petalene

All the cards are damaged. :( Thank you for suggesting the missing card thread, that would have been a good idea.

I also can't figure out what happened. The knit case was dry and wasn't sticky so I have nothing. But lesson learned. I will find a safer place for my cards.

When I get home from work, I'm going to burn them. Thanks everyone!

Cocobird55

If I don't find anyone looking on the Missing Cards thread, I use them for bookmarks.

nisaba

<raises hand>

And I run a Retirement Home for Unloved Unwanted Decks!