AT 2014 best deck vote, gathering the lists

Nina*

Makes sense - but there are SO MANY on TGC and etsy - some would be SURE to be missed...

But... if enough people haven't seen or wanted them they probably wouldn't win anyway.
No matter how it still has to be VOTED the best. Not?

Shade

In case they haven't been mentioned.

Tarot of Delphi
Shadows of Oz Tarot

Shade

Maybe there could be a mass market and a self published winner?

Perhaps, but then independently published decks usually do pretty well in our little annual poll. I think it's because they tend to have well-connected followings.

gregory

In case they haven't been mentioned.

Tarot of Delphi
Shadows of Oz Tarot
I don't know about you but I haven't got my Oz yet - and my email, dated Jan 4 2015, says they are sending them out now. I think that rules it out. Delphi I have up there.

Perhaps, but then independently published decks usually do pretty well in our little annual poll. I think it's because they tend to have well-connected followings.
Yes, but there are SO many now. I do take your point, but - well, there are a few TGC ones which... :bugeyed: for instance !

Annabelle

I wonder what to do with decks such as the Omegaland (a recent USG release).

It's marvelous -- but it has a publication date on it of 2014. Though as far as I know, it wasn't in anyone's hands until this month -- 2015.

So do we consider it a 2015 deck? I would think so.

gregory

It's not available to ME (amazon, book depository etc) so IT DON'T COUNT ! (but yes, I think you're right Annabelle.)

Shade

I don't know about you but I haven't got my Oz yet - and my email, dated Jan 4 2015, says they are sending them out now. I think that rules it out. Delphi I have up there.

I bought my copy of Shadow of OZ at the Bay Area Tarot Symposium in August and I know they were selling them at an OZ convention before that.

There certainly does seem to be a trend among some Kickstarted decks of selling the first round of decks at shows and not sending them out to backers, not sure if that's what happened with OZ but I would find it irritating if I had backed it.

Missed your inclusion of Delphi on my first pass, it's getting my vote for best new deck.

Yes, but there are SO many now. I do take your point, but - well, there are a few TGC ones which... :bugeyed: for instance !

Oh I agree - it's a bit like the self-publishing boom. I admit that personally when I see booklists on GoodReads I filter out all the self-published Kindle-Only titles, maybe I will evolve with time. As far as Gamecrafter decks.. well.. I do like the Arcane Bull**** oracle. ;-)

Laura Borealis

Marco Benedetti - squeaking under the wire on December 29, 2014. It's a remake of his original deck but without the gold foil. I didn't see it on gregory's list or mentioned after.

gregory

Fantastic. I have an "authorised reprint" someone here did for me with his permission, as he didn't think he was going to reprint - but this is great news.