Your FAVORITE decks?

Laura Borealis

My favorites change with the weather, but yeah, there are definitely decks I must have in my life. One of them is the Spanish Tarot. It's a fairly crude modern (1970s) redrawing of a Marseilles-type deck and it's just so fun and colorful. The people in it are very expressive. There's also some weirdness, like one of the children on the Sun has three arms.

I got mine at a really cool bookstore in LA. I went on basically a pilgrimage to find this particular deck, and the clerks didn't think they had it, but I searched their whole (vast) selection and finally found it, hidden behind something else. So I feel like I was meant to have it. That whole day was a wonderfully memorable day, so the deck is sort of a talisman of happiness to me.

ISIS TdM
Smith-Waite Centennial
Thoth (Green Box)

The TdM Millenium Edition, which is basically a Pierre Madenié restoration, will definitely become a favorite whenever it is completed. At present I have the trumps-only version, and it is a winner for sure!

Wait what? A Pierre Madenié restoration? I knew about the little Mamanmiyuki but I didn't know about this!

MysticMoonlight

DruidCraft
Llewellyn
Paulina
Vampyres

Tarotwolf

I love the classics but the Darkana just seems to push all my buttons. The modern imagery speaks to me in the familiar language of my younger and more carefree days. It's a masculine, sexy and grungy deck. What's more could I ask for.

Essence of Winter

The essential decks for me are the Rider, the Thoth and the Tarot de Marseille. Between them, they have everything that is essential about the Tarot and everything else available are just variations on the themes. That being said, I do like the Wildwood, the Initiatory Tarot of the Golden Dawn and, in particular, Place's Vampire Tarot.

Nemia

Thoth - my all time favorite, my first deck and the reason why I became fascinated with tarot at all.

Morgan-Greer - for me, the best RWS based deck (didn't try all of them....). Warm, clear, great 70s feeling. Borderless beauty.

Wildwood - of all my new decks, this is the strongest for me. It touches something deep in my soul.

Aeric

Gay and Ancient Italian are the only two decks that survived a mass simplification of my collection when I quit ten years ago. Every deck I own today when I returned was built on a foundation of these two, including recovering the Big Three: Waite, Marseille, Thoth. Not even they touched me as deeply as these did.

Madrigal

Currently I'm *loving* the Wildwood deck.

I like the Universal RW for its clarity and nice balance of adornment and basics. It's a deck I often use to refer to from another reading if things are a bit foggy.

OaksWhispering

This is tough. I feel all my decks are decks I can use forever.

I'll narrow down to my top three:

1. Chrysalis
2. The Fairy Tale tarot by Lisa Hunt
3. Dreaming Way

I love Chrysalis for changing the suits and courts to something I find more relatable, and how it's most helpful for healing and taking personal responsibility.
I love how Jungian the Fairy Tale tarot is
And I love Dreaming Way for being pretty close to being a RW clone since Chrysalis and Fairy Tale are very different. I never had a problem with the Devil, Judgement or Hierophant cards some people don't like

Calcifer

Any basic Rider (Centennial, Original, etc...) and its Deck of the Bastard spinoffs, and The Wild Unknown. I also love my Gilded Royale, but I have to be in the mood for it :)
Michael

Scorulia

The wild unknown, my favourite one for now.
Like RiotFemme, the Madenie Marseille. I like its beautiful quality and design more than the way I work with it though...
The Balbi tarot, love it !