Manga Mini First Impressions - Thoughts?

G6

Happy New Year!!!

Got two new decks Manga Mini and Anna K. Just went through all of the Manga Mini cards twice and thought Id post my impressions/questions and see what anyone else with this deck has to say about it!

I like the blue backs of the cards very much with the mirror reflection of the warrior. Reflections are used quite a bit in this deck.

I like that the knights labeled princesses are female.

Priestess I like the book submerged in the water = subconscious or psychic knowledge.

6 of Swords is cool/different with the swords in the water. Forget your troubles/leave them behind.

Eight of Swords immediately read like suicide to me. A dark representation of that card.

9 of Swords is cool/different with the distorted imagined figures holding all the swords. Underscores it is all in your head!

10 of Swords is cool/different with the mirror reflection. Seeing yourself with the swords, but they are not there representing you will survive/move on/heal or that you have already transcended and are just still viewing your wounded self.

Some of the cards I found problematic or didn't quite get are as follows:

8 of Wands looks like traditional 8 of Swords imagery. A bit confusing.

Judgement feels a little one dimensional like someone is coming to judge you.

I couldn't get a handle on the man in the star card. Is it rebirth or your spiritual path is activated?

I didn't understand the bear in the moon card. Any insights?

Lastly, I didn't understand the kid and the dragon in the 7 of cups. Any insights?

Some of these animals/creatures might be culturally specific and I am just not aware.

Any interpretations or impressions of Manga Mini imagery would be welcome!!! Thanks!!!

reall

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!^^ ;))))))))))

This is one of my fav!^^ illustrations are beautiful Majors and Minors!^^;))
like gender reversals and princess!^^ magician is my fav ever!:))
colors make it easy to tell suits, and kanjis give interesting approach to tarot,
imo this deck is more for girls/w and eastern philosophy,
for personal use meditation and insight,

here is my interpretation, hope you find it helpful!^^ ;)))
8 of Wands something swiftly comes to your way and you try to block it defend yourself?
Or handle the situation, LWB say adaptation and Bruce Le *be like water quote/if you can adopt to situation you can overcome all obstacles?:)))

Judgement to me looks more like an angel of judgemet?:))) final outcome/resolution?

Star is definitely different, I have impression 7chackra? Awakening/determination/walking your own path/chasing dream etc? LWB say determination and 1.step/maybe that start in mind with a decision to follow your path?

Bear on the Moon card imo represent what is Wolf in RWS /meaning to face and embrace your wild side/inner fears/ unknown/ something you don’t like and *dance with it/be in harmony with yourself?

Dragon have universal meaning, and here is a guardian of the knowledge, and kid is someone who need to grow and get that wisdom, and for that he will had to concord that guardian/dangerous obstacles/enemies/challenges’?:)))
Interesting all cups are reversed so it seems focus is not on choice like in RWS but on experience/it does not matter what you chose, because every choice will bring you experience good or bad?:))) lwb say imagination? You can’t have everything immediately/, so kid had to wait and think how to achieve its goal?:)))

If you need anything just ask!:))

G6

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!^^ ;))))))))))

This is one of my fav!^^ illustrations are beautiful Majors and Minors!^^;))
like gender reversals and princess!^^ magician is my fav ever!:))
colors make it easy to tell suits, and kanjis give interesting approach to tarot,
imo this deck is more for girls/w and eastern philosophy,
for personal use meditation and insight,

here is my interpretation, hope you find it helpful!^^ ;)))
8 of Wands something swiftly comes to your way and you try to block it defend yourself?
Or handle the situation, LWB say adaptation and Bruce Le *be like water quote/if you can adopt to situation you can overcome all obstacles?:)))

Judgement to me looks more like an angel of judgemet?:))) final outcome/resolution?

Star is definitely different, I have impression 7chackra? Awakening/determination/walking your own path/chasing dream etc? LWB say determination and 1.step/maybe that start in mind with a decision to follow your path?

Bear on the Moon card imo represent what is Wolf in RWS /meaning to face and embrace your wild side/inner fears/ unknown/ something you don’t like and *dance with it/be in harmony with yourself?

Dragon have universal meaning, and here is a guardian of the knowledge, and kid is someone who need to grow and get that wisdom, and for that he will had to concord that guardian/dangerous obstacles/enemies/challenges’?:)))
Interesting all cups are reversed so it seems focus is not on choice like in RWS but on experience/it does not matter what you chose, because every choice will bring you experience good or bad?:))) lwb say imagination? You can’t have everything immediately/, so kid had to wait and think how to achieve its goal?:)))

If you need anything just ask!:))

I guess I never really saw the 8 of wands in that way as an obstacle, something to defend against or conform to. I see 8 of wands more as the opposite a release or forward movement. I suppose a general from the Manga 8 of Wands could be swift action? It definitely is a different take on the 8 of wands.

It is interesting though that some of the card representation is more personal than general.

Yes, I see the 7th Chakra in the Star card. Again, it is a more personal way of looking at the Star card.

The Moon card seems more personal. I am used to more complex imagery that can be interpreted in different ways and the interpretation in this deck is one I have never heard before!

The 7 of cups is interesting. The upside down cups might mean what is in the cups is irrelevant. It is a distraction. If you have self knowledge you know what you want and yes, the kid isn't self aware enough to know what it is he really wants/needs.

Thanks for your insights!

reall

np!^^ happy you like it!^^ :))))
yes, this deck is unusual and gives new aspect to classical Tarot meaning!^^
you'll get that*hm? oh!* moment often LOLZ
thats why I say its more personal and for thinking!^^
btw you say it right for 7cups!^^ :))) that should be in LWB!^^ :)))

G6

Wow, I am not connecting with this deck at all. Nothing makes sense that comes out. Could it be talking to me, but not answering my questions?

Alta

Hi goldenVI,

There is also a section on Aeclectic called

Tarot Study Groups

and any deck can be studied there. This deck already has a Study Group started and you can add to it, card by card.

Manga Tarot

Regards,
Alta

G6

Hi goldenVI,

There is also a section on Aeclectic called

Tarot Study Groups

and any deck can be studied there. This deck already has a Study Group started and you can add to it, card by card.

Manga Tarot

Regards,
Alta

Thanks for the link. Not so much I don't understand the card meanings, but more so not connecting with the deck in general.