Bohemian Gothic Tarot

Leo77

I was looking at the cards and noticed that the 3 of pentacles is Frankenstein and I laughed so hard. I haven't looked at all the cards, yet, but are there other cards in that deck with dark humor like that?

AJ

that is why I sold mine on, I couldn't use it without laughing.

Leo77

that is why I sold mine on, I couldn't use it without laughing.

Just that card, or the whole deck? It is a bit...I can't think of the word.

RunningWild

You might take a look at the study group threads for the Bohemian Gothic. There are other cards that are fun(ny). The 4 of Pentacles and the 7 of Wands come to mind.

Leo77

You might take a look at the study group threads for the Bohemian Gothic. There are other cards that are fun(ny). The 4 of Pentacles and the 7 of Wands come to mind.

Thanks for the tip.

Alta

There is a lot humour in that deck but some cards have the darkest undertones, depending on your personal life experiences.

AJ

Just that card, or the whole deck? It is a bit...I can't think of the word.

the whole deck. it hit my funny bone
Many here are wild about it, that is the fun side of tarot, different tastes.

Leo77

There is a lot humour in that deck but some cards have the darkest undertones, depending on your personal life experiences.

I've had some terrible life experiences, as far as life experiences go. Hmmm....

Leo77

the whole deck. it hit my funny bone
Many here are wild about it, that is the fun side of tarot, different tastes.

It kind of reminds me of that Van Helsing movie a few years back with Kate Beckinsale and Hugh Jackman.

Leo77

So I picked one up and starting reading with it this evening. HOLY CRAP!!!!

I LOVE this deck! I love the subtle twists on the meaning of each card that actually changes the whole reading. I paired it with the VR for a kind of "Mirror" spread or an "As Above/So Below" type reading. I got so much out of them both. They really do seem to work well together. I got the companion book for the BG and in it, she says that they were sort of unofficially working on BG while they were gathering images for the VR. So maybe working on both decks in some capacity while creating them really did make them closer to "sister" decks than Baba Studios might have originally intended.

I got the feeling that "Dark Sister" might have just started off as a bit of a lark while they were creating the VR, but they read so nicely together that it'll be hard to bring out one deck without the other.

I think the BG will slightly edge out the VR for me overall. I just really like the darker/more subtle/more shadowy aspects of the card meanings.

Wow. I originally thought this deck might be a little over the top for me but it's really much more than it appears.