Cheap Decks you just have to have!

nisaba

It's obvious you don't sleep with women - I'd be a little worried if someone's vagina looked like that. But I know what you mean.

tarotbear

It's obvious you don't sleep with women - I'd be a little worried if someone's vagina looked like that. But I know what you mean.

Things like this guarantee I won't be sleeping with any women! Can't miss the labia, clitoris, or menstrual flow in that design! :bugeyed:

Aranel

Talking of cheap shops selling tarot decks. I got told that The Works in town might be closing down (apparently they have a sale on to get rid of everything). They sell tarot decks in there.
I might go into town next weekend and see if I can get some decks.

Might see if I can find this one: http://www.theworks.co.uk/p/tarot/tarot-book-and-card-set/9781782446422
Ever since I read the timings thread I've wanted to get a deck with non-scenic minors and that one might fit the bill perfectly.
Or there's even this one! http://www.theworks.co.uk/p/tarot-books/tarot---the-complete-kit/9780762413829 - EDIT: I think this one is the Nova tarot that has already been mentioned. I've just googled it and now I must have it! So cute!

Anyway, talking seriously about decks that I actually really want which are still in print and fairly cheap.
Fairy Lights
Crowley's Thoth
Paulina
Animal Wisdom (I have a thing about animal decks :p )
Original Dog Tarot (I know it's technically an oracle but I need it because dogs!)

gregory

Ah yes - that's the Cachet (the first one. I am rather fond of it. Even if it DOES have greyscale backs !

Amanda

I love the Tarot Nova; it was a cheap little bookstore find a while ago. I have always shuffled it as normal, and it's been getting ruffled at the edges.

I bought the Dollar Tree tarot and the next day a thread came up about it here; I think I could probably read with it, I'm just not sure how with it missing so many cards.

Ah yes - that's the Cachet (the first one. I am rather fond of it. Even if it DOES have greyscale backs !

I sold this one to another member not long after I joined here... it was just a bit too flimsy for me and... I don't know the word I'm looking for... bare. You know the cheap knock-off movies they make for children sometimes that aren't the real thing as a Disney movie, for instance? This deck feels like that. Like I had a cheap version of Sleeping Beauty compared to a classic original. The characters are similar, the concept is the same, but it was lacking the depth of timelessness, I think.

nisaba

Oh AMANDA - what you are missing. There is a FLUORESCENT pink and turquoise version

You are SUCH an evil enabler. I hope I forget that link exists. I somehow suspect I won't.

Le Fanu

Wish there was a "like" button for tarotbear and nisaba´s exchange!

I had to have the little Running Press one, even though I don't really use it. But another likeable cheap one is that Traveller's Tarot (I know it has another name but can't think of it right now), the one in the orange box with gold highlights. I got mine in The Works, a bargain, remainder book store in the UK. I think it was 4.99 or something. But the important thing for this thread is that you bought a deck because you wanted it. Not just because it was cheap. I'd been meaning to buy it. Honest.

I've got the Dollar Tree deck - hideous thing - just unuseable really.

gregory

Wish there was a "like" button for tarotbear and nisaba´s exchange!

I had to have the little Running Press one, even though I don't really use it. But another likeable cheap one is that Traveller's Tarot (I know it has another name but can't think of it right now), the one in the orange box with gold highlights. I got mine in The Works, a bargain, remainder book store in the UK. I think it was 4.99 or something.
Truth-seeker's Tarot aka Pathfinder's Tarot ? (I never saw it as Traveller's !)
The one with repeating backgrounds and we couldn't figure out why (in some thread here...) I even emailed the artist but she didn't answer.

Oops sorry nissy, I didn't see your mention of the Talking Tarot. Indeed, it is truly unbelievably awful. Mind you, any deck using Margaret Thatcher as an archetype (New Protective ? Sounds like a condom - :bugeyed: wait, suddenly I rather like it again !) would be pretty awful...