Cheap Decks you just have to have!

MandMaud

, and She de Montford's Talking Tarot (tell them, Gregory, just how awful it is!).
UGH! The Empress is a big vagina was a TOTAL turn-off! :eek: :bugeyed: :eek:
But worse are the courts. Far worse.

The deck must read well though; just seeing those Pages on the screen, I can hear their voices in my mind...

Or there's even this one! http://www.theworks.co.uk/p/tarot-books/tarot---the-complete-kit/9780762413829 - EDIT: I think this one is the Nova tarot that has already been mentioned. I've just googled it and now I must have it! So cute!
Yes, that's the Nova, and it's a great deck.
I owned it for ages before realising it was named Nova. Nothing on the box. I just called it "a Running Press deck".

Oh AMANDA - what you are missing. There is a FLUORESCENT pink and turquoise version with all 78 cards. HURRY !

It too is from Fantasma Toys.

http://www.fantasmamagic.com/proddetail.php?prod=8102

Hurry !
*shudder*

danieljuk

Truth-seeker's Tarot aka Pathfinder's Tarot ? (I never saw it as Traveller's !)
The one with repeating backgrounds and we couldn't figure out why (in some thread here...) I even emailed the artist but she didn't answer.

Oops sorry nissy, I didn't see your mention of the Talking Tarot. Indeed, it is truly unbelievably awful. Mind you, any deck using Margaret Thatcher as an archetype (New Protective ? Sounds like a condom - :bugeyed: wait, suddenly I rather like it again !) would be pretty awful...

sounds truly horrendous! must put this on my never ever list!
Also Richard Branson and Princess Diana as other pages as well as Thatcher (From the AT deck page) :eek:

Now I am interested in those cheap simple decks (which are a little more functional than the $1 one's). Damn you enabling cheap deck thread :)

tarotbear

Oh AMANDA - what you are missing. There is a FLUORESCENT pink and turquoise version with all 78 cards. HURRY !

It too is from Fantasma Toys.

When I first glanced at the ad - I thought it said 'Musical Tarot Cards'!

BTW -- I have the 'Wishcraft Trio Set' which contains 'The Mystical Tarot Cards', the 'Magical Wishing Set', and the 'Psychic Pendulum' - all in one convenient box!

Darkmage

When I first glanced at the ad - I thought it said 'Musical Tarot Cards'!

BTW -- I have the 'Wishcraft Trio Set' which contains 'The Mystical Tarot Cards', the 'Magical Wishing Set', and the 'Psychic Pendulum' - all in one convenient box!

The Wishcraft Tarot is basically Dollar Store 2.0. I actually really like it, and since I read for friends in clubs and restaurants, the garish colours and blocky art actually work to its advantage in that it's easily seen in low light. My night vision is very very good according to my eye doc--for most people, not so much. :/ So if I take a 'normal' deck in, I might be able to read it, but for my friends, it'll be a muddled mess.

I've seen that trio set for sale. It's cute, but not my thing. I've got enough pendulums and Ouija boards to keep me set for some time. ;)

The Royal Tarot is another cheap deck that's fun. I haven't seen it on Ebay in a long time so I'm not sure if it's so cheap anymore. A friend of mine and I call the Wand suit 'Koshers' because they literally look like large dill pickles. What I like about that deck is that the LWB doesn't give card meanings--it says flat out that those can be found anywhere. Instead, it gives Tarocchi rules in English. ;)

MandMaud

Lots comes up at The Works if you search "tarot" and at the moment they seem to have free postage. Some of it's going out of stock fast, though, and beware of books masquerading as decks. Well, i was fooled into thinking there's a Six-Gun Tarot! Just zapping the sample of that book to my kindle to see if it's worth £6.99 (or £3.83 for the ebook); it has decent reviews on Amazon... if you're into adventure stories about cowboys versus evil many-tentacled elder gods...

The Royal Tarot is another cheap deck that's fun. I haven't seen it on Ebay in a long time so I'm not sure if it's so cheap anymore. A friend of mine and I call the Wand suit 'Koshers' because they literally look like large dill pickles. What I like about that deck is that the LWB doesn't give card meanings--it says flat out that those can be found anywhere. Instead, it gives Tarocchi rules in English. ;)
If it is still cheap, I like the look of that. Let's wait for tarotbear's take on those Wands, though. })

unbelievably awful. Mind you, any deck using Margaret Thatcher as an archetype (New Protective ? Sounds like a condom - :bugeyed: wait, suddenly I rather like it again !) would be pretty awful...
You have just traumatised me. I got a mental image of a pack of condoms printed with Thatcher's face.

But who would want to put her anywhere near... erm...

... no, I can't think it.

tarotbear

The 'Ace of Kosher Dills' is really kind of funny! :thumbsup:

Does the Magician have a set of dentures on his table? Or a hamburger? LOL!!!

I think the Wishcraft company also has a rubber hand to learn how to read palms - also with some kind of 'gimmick' for aspiring Miss Cleos!

gregory

You have just traumatised me. I got a mental image of a pack of condoms printed with Thatcher's face.

But who would want to put her anywhere near... erm...

... no, I can't think it.
But all the naughty sperm would run the other way. It has something going for it actually...

The Royal Tarot is pretty good, but I've not seen it in a while.

Darkmage

@TB: I'm leaning toward the hamburger. Let's continue the food motif. ;) Or it could just be a couple of serving plates or salad bowls.

I have a ceramic palmistry hand. My mother found it in an antique shop a couple years ago for something like $10 or $15 and gave it to me for my birthday. I'm not a palmist--that, like astrology, eludes me--but it's a fun trinket to have.

@MaudMaud: You'd be surprised. Though some people would probably prefer Ayn Rand. :/

WolfSpirit

The 'Ace of Kosher Dills' is really kind of funny! :thumbsup:

Does the Magician have a set of dentures on his table? Or a hamburger? LOL!!!

I think the Wishcraft company also has a rubber hand to learn how to read palms - also with some kind of 'gimmick' for aspiring Miss Cleos!

:laugh: at the rubber hand. I wonder how many people used it to scare someone.
And a magician with a hamburger and/or dentures :D
This is such a fun thread :thumbsup: