Soooooo do I NEED the Tyldwick Tarot?

gregory

Did he drop the price recently? I can't remember precisely when I bought it last year...but I remember tracking conversion rates diligently for two months, and at that point, with shipping, it was around $107 (a month or two before the Scottish independence vote, because I remember wondering if I should wait to see what the impact of that was...I haven't had it as long as I thought!). I believe the price at that point was £65 + shipping, but I could very well be misremembering that.
I got it for £50 + shipping. No idea why...

agviz

Just checking my records, I bought it in May of last year for the same price it is now (£50.00 plus £8.00 shipping). At that time, it came to $101.02 with Paypal. Doing a quick conversion today, it would be around $87.69.

Laura Borealis

So it seems the conversion rate has changed rather than the price of the deck.

jolie_amethyst

I got it for £50 + shipping. No idea why...

Just checking my records, I bought it in May of last year for the same price it is now (£50.00 plus £8.00 shipping). At that time, it came to $101.02 with Paypal. Doing a quick conversion today, it would be around $87.69.

Clearly I must have hallucinated a higher price. That's what hanging out in Tyldwick will do to you. :joke:

agviz

Clearly I must have hallucinated a higher price. That's what hanging out in Tyldwick will do to you. :joke:

Well though, if you were thinking of the conversion price you might not have been far off.

Le Fanu

I've got to leap in and say a word in favor of US Games and Japaridze but Gregory got there first. That deck is a stunner and it shows that mass market producers do still put out high quality, intelligent decks.. But if nothing else, a deck like the Tyldwick where he artist's vision remains intact,, can be admired, even if not loved by everyone.

FLizarraga

Need? No. One doesn't need a deck like that.

Now, if you want it, buy it. It's on the pricier side of the spectrum, but you get your money's worth --it's a brilliantly conceived, exquisitely beautiful deck, printed on sinfully good cardstock. I dread to think of the prices it will command once it goes out of print.

If later you find that you can't connect with it, offer it for sale or trade here, and someone will snatch it up. It's a win-win, really.

starlightexp

So I broke down and got it... just arrived... more soon.