ten of swords

lune

Does anybody knows what the symbols of the handles are?
At the top i can see 'libra', a balance. At the bottom the moon and a pentagram. Half way a few crosses.
What is the meaning of these symbols?

zwaarden 10 - Ondergang-groot.jpg

Curious lune

Kahlie

I don't know the meanings

I don't know the meanings but for me, I see:

- 2 Crosses
- 2 Stars (Sharp edged though)
- Balancing Scales
- 2 Hourglasses
- A heart

I see the moon/pentagram you noticed too.
I don't know about the other hilt though. I have no clue what kind of symbol it could be.

lune

Thanks Kahlie.
On the top of the card is the symbol of the sun, at the bottom is the sign of the twins.
Above the hourglasses you can see a pair compasses. My thought: designing time maybe.
The ten of disks and ten of cups are drawn in the figure of the tree of life from the quabalah.
Does anybody knows why the ten wands isn't drawn in that way?

Lune

Kahlie

Still one sword left

Still one sword left...

the one above the gemini/pentagram/moon-hilt.

I have no idea what that hilt is, and I would appriciate it if somebody could shed some light on it.

I asked somebody else, who told me he felt it looked like an orange... Not that helpful.

lune

Well, it does look like an orange.......
But i doubt that Crowley would let Harris to paint an orange :D

Barbaras Ahajusts

10 of Swords in a reading

This card showed me a small light haired boy with a broken heart. I knew this had to do with his health, or a grown man who has the spirit of the child he was and his world crashed around him. But this is reading this card intuitivly.
I saw the little blonde boy in my minds eyes. Come to find out, he is a child with health problems.

Theres not to much study on this card on this thread (& how it reads), so my question is, has anyone had this card for health, or marital problems? Any other insight would be great.

Barb

Dean

I usually go with health issues as the 10 Swords are shown piercing the heart, it's come up in some reading i've done when someone who's been recovering after a hard time with their health, or a broken relationship.

Another thing is the Scales shown at the top of the card, which it could be read as financal stress, and worries about finances.

Aeon418

Dean said:
I usually go with health issues as the 10 Swords are shown piercing the heart, it's come up in some reading i've done when someone who's been recovering after a hard time with their health, or a broken relationship.
I would be more inclined to see mental health problems indicated by this card, not specifically physical health. After all it is a Swords card, the suit of the mind and ideas. It is a 10 representing physical reality (Malkuth), but in this case it is more concerned with the minds relationship with reality. The swords are broken and confused suggesting a complete mental breakdown. If there is a link between physical illness and this card it would probably of a psychosomatic nature.
Dean said:
Another thing is the Scales shown at the top of the card, which it could be read as financal stress, and worries about finances.
That sounds more like the 5 of Disks to me.

Dean

Aeon418 said:
I would be more inclined to see mental health problems indicated by this card, not specifically physical health.

That sounds more like the 5 of Disks to me.

Well actually Aeon418 it was a mental breakdown that the person in question was getting over, i should of mentioned above, and as you pointed out the 5 of Disks would of been more of a physical health or financial problem.

I use my own interpretions to how i see the 10 Swords, and in most cases this card as come up in readings for people with financial stress problems, i see the Scales as something to do with money issues.

Aeon418

Dean said:
I use my own interpretions to how i see the 10 Swords, and in most cases this card as come up in readings for people with financial stress problems, i see the Scales as something to do with money issues.
I can't say I've ever thought of that set of scales in a specific way like a money issue. I think I prefer to see them as balance in a general sense. In the context of this card it could suggest a critical loss of balance. Balance requires a central pivot, and in this sense it is interesting that it is the central sword that has shattered. That "heart" sword corresponds to Tiphareth and the central self.

It's also interesting to note that this card is attributed to Sol in Gemini, the twins. Division but no centre point.