Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

your favorite lenormand deck

  > Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Beyond Tarot > Lenormand


 
ana luisa's Avatar
ana luisa  ana luisa is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 29 Apr 2006
Location: Rio de Janeiro BRASIL
Posts: 8,280
ana luisa 
Citizen

ana luisa's Avatar

Boy oh boy, what a fabulous choice of decks !!!



Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeitnixe View Post
Currently using The Unforgettable Lenormand, but actually all of Terri Smith's Lenormand decks are beautiful, and it was hard to choose one. Maybe I 'need' the Whisper next:

https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/DivineW...hopheader-name


For a fun feel, I've also got Lynn Boyle's Vintage Photographic B&W and Rosie decks:

https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/1885...c-bw-lenormand
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #41
Genna's Avatar
Genna  Genna is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 07 Aug 2001
Location: Sweden
Posts: 973
Genna 
Citizen

Genna's Avatar
Celtic Lenormand


I have a new favourite Lenormand; Celtic Lenormans, by Chloë Mc Cracken and Will Worthington. It has a very good book and the cards are so warm and lovely. They have a good vibe; the readings sofar have been helpful but honest. There are some extra cards to choose from, or use togeather with the others in some spreads like Grand Tableau-a year ahead, but then you read around the cards that stand for the eight Sabbats. But then I guess it becomes an Oracle. I have read with 36 cards-no problem, and I´m not a Pagan. Nothing in the cards screams Pagan; rather a historical Lenormand.

But the extra cards are nice to choose from. There is a female and a male Rider, A summer oak for the Oak King and a winter holy for the Holly King, a fierce snake and a snake shedding it´s skin, Song birds for the Maiden, hens for the Mother and darling owls for the Crone, a boy child and a girl child,a dog and a cat, a man and a lord, a woman and a lady.So cards to chose from, but no new cards, only the 36, but in variations.

The chapters on the cards are very good with keywords;nouns,descriptors,verbs; Person, playing card association(also on the card), Description, Meaning, Spiritua Readings, Dark and Light, Spell Use, Timing, Affirmation, Deities. There are chapters explaining why extra cards where added, The Wheel of the Year, Dark and Light, Working with Deity, Using the cards in Spells and quite a few spreads.

I feel right back in time with these cards.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #42
snowmoon's Avatar
snowmoon  snowmoon is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 29 Jan 2017
Location: Japan
Posts: 711
snowmoon 
Citizen

snowmoon's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genna View Post
I have a new favourite Lenormand; Celtic Lenormans, by Chloë Mc Cracken and Will Worthington. It has a very good book and the cards are so warm and lovely. They have a good vibe; the readings sofar have been helpful but honest. There are some extra cards to choose from, or use togeather with the others in some spreads like Grand Tableau-a year ahead, but then you read around the cards that stand for the eight Sabbats. But then I guess it becomes an Oracle. I have read with 36 cards-no problem, and I´m not a Pagan. Nothing in the cards screams Pagan; rather a historical Lenormand.

But the extra cards are nice to choose from. There is a female and a male Rider, A summer oak for the Oak King and a winter holy for the Holly King, a fierce snake and a snake shedding it´s skin, Song birds for the Maiden, hens for the Mother and darling owls for the Crone, a boy child and a girl child,a dog and a cat, a man and a lord, a woman and a lady.So cards to chose from, but no new cards, only the 36, but in variations.

The chapters on the cards are very good with keywords;nouns,descriptors,verbs; Person, playing card association(also on the card), Description, Meaning, Spiritua Readings, Dark and Light, Spell Use, Timing, Affirmation, Deities. There are chapters explaining why extra cards where added, The Wheel of the Year, Dark and Light, Working with Deity, Using the cards in Spells and quite a few spreads.

I feel right back in time with these cards.
hi,

Celtic lenormand cards would seems resonate to me, the sabbts. maidan, crone, mother, weel of the year. I'm not pagan.

i do use tarot cards for spells, but i never thought use the lenormand cards for spells.

do you like to use extra cards for lenormand cards? i don't use extra cards. i have to check this deck out.

thank-you.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #43
Genna's Avatar
Genna  Genna is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 07 Aug 2001
Location: Sweden
Posts: 973
Genna 
Citizen

Genna's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmoon View Post
hi,

Celtic lenormand cards would seems resonate to me, the sabbts. maidan, crone, mother, weel of the year. I'm not pagan.

i do use tarot cards for spells, but i never thought use the lenormand cards for spells.

do you like to use extra cards for lenormand cards? i don't use extra cards. i have to check this deck out.

thank-you.
Yes, I like very much being able to switch Snakes, Trees, or Birds, or Dog for Cat, or male Rider for female Rider, or Boy for Girl for example.So I enjoy he extra choices very much, but the meaning of the card doesn´t change.
Then there is the possibility to do readings with for example both the boy and the girl in the deck if there are a boy and a girl in a family, but then I guess we strictly speaking are not doing Lenormand anymore, as that is 36 cards period. The same goes for using some of the interesing spreads where you use both Trees, or all three Birds(represening other things than the usual;healing, social interaction and wisdom) in certain positions in a string, or do a GT with the usual 36 cards, but where 8 cards also represents the eight Sabbats, to get an all year GT; reading around each Sabbat for the timing.
Sometimes I use an extra card for GT and put the card left out on that card, saw it done on youtube, to ge in more people. And someimes I leave more than one extra card in the deck to see what shows up in a string, but I understand that this isn´t correct use of Lenormand, giving cerain cards extra chance to show up.
Thank you for your interest!
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #44
Genna's Avatar
Genna  Genna is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 07 Aug 2001
Location: Sweden
Posts: 973
Genna 
Citizen

Genna's Avatar
Mystical Lenormand


I should mention my favourite all time; the deck that has stood the test of time; Mystical Lenormand. I learned to read with it and it´s book, that has two examples of interpretation for every two-card combo possible. But the book has to be bought separately; (it´s rather thick).There are also good insight in the cards and card-reading, and good spreads, but not much on how to read Grand Tableau. You will need another book too.
The cards are lovely, small like lenormand cards should be, illustrated in egg-tempera. They are funny, warm, intelligent and original, every card has an animal on it (like Mystical Kipper which I also like). You see every scene through a different window frame.

The deck is by the medium Regula Elizabeth Fiechter and the artist Urban Trösch (like Mystical Kipper).

The cards have no playing card association, which is sad, but there is an astrological association. My deck has got so much use, that I´ve just got my third. Not because the cardstock was bad, but because I´ve used it so much so that my dog has found the pouch in my chair and chewed it.It has had my best pouch, knitted, and my dog thought it a toy. The deck is just fun to read with. And I feel a good warm vibe from it, I guess because of the illustrations.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #45
snowmoon's Avatar
snowmoon  snowmoon is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 29 Jan 2017
Location: Japan
Posts: 711
snowmoon 
Citizen

snowmoon's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genna View Post
I should mention my favourite all time; the deck that has stood the test of time; Mystical Lenormand. I learned to read with it and it´s book, that has two examples of interpretation for every two-card combo possible. But the book has to be bought separately; (it´s rather thick).There are also good insight in the cards and card-reading, and good spreads, but not much on how to read Grand Tableau. You will need another book too.
The cards are lovely, small like lenormand cards should be, illustrated in egg-tempera. They are funny, warm, intelligent and original, every card has an animal on it (like Mystical Kipper which I also like). You see every scene through a different window frame.

The deck is by the medium Regula Elizabeth Fiechter and the artist Urban Trösch (like Mystical Kipper).

The cards have no playing card association, which is sad, but there is an astrological association. My deck has got so much use, that I´ve just got my third. Not because the cardstock was bad, but because I´ve used it so much so that my dog has found the pouch in my chair and chewed it.It has had my best pouch, knitted, and my dog thought it a toy. The deck is just fun to read with. And I feel a good warm vibe from it, I guess because of the illustrations.
hi,

illustrated in egg-tempera.

i think i saw it in handbook, online before. it is kind of cute!

There are also good insight in the cards and card-reading, and good spreads, but not much on how to read Grand Tableau. You will need another book too.


what kind of spreads is included? i cannot find many spreads for lenormand cards online . i do have ebook for how to read lenormand cards. if i need to buy it separate it is fine to me.

do you like astrological association on it?

thank-you .
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #46
EmpyreanKnight's Avatar
EmpyreanKnight  EmpyreanKnight is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 23 Oct 2015
Location: Manila, Philippines
Posts: 1,853
EmpyreanKnight 
Citizen

EmpyreanKnight's Avatar

I only have three so far, but Pixie's Astounding Lenormand is a subtle, classy, and somber deck that I've learned to truly cherish. I just love the colors used, and its portability (it comes in a tin) helps too.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #47
snowmoon's Avatar
snowmoon  snowmoon is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 29 Jan 2017
Location: Japan
Posts: 711
snowmoon 
Citizen

snowmoon's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpyreanKnight View Post
I only have three so far, but Pixie's Astounding Lenormand is a subtle, classy, and somber deck that I've learned to truly cherish. I just love the colors used, and its portability (it comes in a tin) helps too.
hi, i only have 3 lenormand cards too! i saw the pixie images online before. it comes with the tin is good!

do you think the images might be hard to tell which cards when you do GT?

thank-you.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #48
Mirra  Mirra is offline
Resident
 
Join Date: 16 Nov 2014
Location: Rio de Janeiro / Brazil
Posts: 47
Mirra 
Resident

I only have 2 decks: Dondorf (Königsfurt) and Maybe Lenormand (US Games). While I love both, my favorite is the Maybe Lenormand. It feels classic and modern at the same time, and so easy to read! The set comes in a hard box with a book and extra cards inspired by gypsy fortune telling. And it's not expensive
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #49
Village Witch's Avatar
Village Witch  Village Witch is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 21 May 2014
Location: Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 644
Village Witch 
Citizen

Village Witch's Avatar

I have quite a few favorite decks. I've been using the Zingdoodle Lenormand. What a fabulous fun deck! I am seriously disappointed to see it is no longer available.

I like to purchase duplicates of my favorite decks so that I always have one in reserve. I just recently tracked down a second Judith Bärtschi Lenormand. Another fabulous deck!
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #50


 


Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.