Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

New Beginner Course

  > Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Beyond Tarot > Lenormand


 
Tag_jorrit's Avatar
Tag_jorrit  Tag_jorrit is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 03 Jun 2011
Location: gameofhopelenormand.bigcartel.com
Posts: 538
Tag_jorrit 
Citizen

Tag_jorrit's Avatar
New Beginner Course


Looks like Björn Meuris has finally made his outstanding basic Lenormand course, in English, and in pdf format, available on his new web store!

I so highly recommend his course. There are some great books out now in English but this course teaches beginners step by step to think for themselves and gives some solid direction to people who truly want to know how to read the cards in a traditional way. And for only $10 you can quit banging your head against the wall and have the doors of this oracle thrown wide open.

The other 2 course that he used to have, the Method of Distance and the Grand Tableau in English are sure to follow.

There is a little information about him on the old, now forgotten Traditional Lenormand Fortune Tellers Guild site.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #1
Barleywine's Avatar
Barleywine  Barleywine is offline
Elder Jabberwock
 
Join Date: 10 Jun 2011
Location: Where the wild things are
Posts: 9,055
Barleywine 
Elder Jabberwock

Barleywine's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag_jorrit View Post
Looks like Björn Meuris has finally made his outstanding basic Lenormand course, in English, and in pdf format, available on his new web store!

I so highly recommend his course. There are some great books out now in English but this course teaches beginners step by step to think for themselves and gives some solid direction to people who truly want to know how to read the cards in a traditional way. And for only $10 you can quit banging your head against the wall and have the doors of this oracle thrown wide open.

The other 2 course that he used to have, the Method of Distance and the Grand Tableau in English are sure to follow.

There is a little information about him on the old, now forgotten Traditional Lenormand Fortune Tellers Guild site.
Good news! Even though I think I might be closing in on "intermediate" after reading for a few years, I never pass up good beginner material since there's almost always something I can learn. The price is certainly right.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #2
avalonian's Avatar
avalonian  avalonian is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 28 Oct 2007
Location: A world of my own
Posts: 1,200
avalonian 
Citizen

avalonian's Avatar

Brilliant, thanks, I've just ordered it, couldn't resist at that price.

Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #3
Le Fanu's Avatar
Le Fanu  Le Fanu is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 10 Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere Spooky
Posts: 17,258
Le Fanu 
Citizen

Le Fanu's Avatar

Ordered. Curious if this will lift me up out of my current Lenormand malaise! Feeling frazzled by the excess of amateur information. Thought I'd go with a pro.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #4
Penthasilia's Avatar
Penthasilia  Penthasilia is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 08 Jun 2010
Location: Ohio USA
Posts: 4,304
Penthasilia 
Citizen

Penthasilia's Avatar

I'll be interested to hear how it is in comparison to Andy's book.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #5
Barleywine's Avatar
Barleywine  Barleywine is offline
Elder Jabberwock
 
Join Date: 10 Jun 2011
Location: Where the wild things are
Posts: 9,055
Barleywine 
Elder Jabberwock

Barleywine's Avatar

It's not so much the amateurism that gets to me, it's the relentless revisionism by those who either don't get the literal potency of Lenormand, or are simply trying to sell a "better mousetrap." It's a beautifully simple system that doesn't need to be "psychologized" or "tarot-ized." Hopeful this material will hew close to a traditional core.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #6
Le Fanu's Avatar
Le Fanu  Le Fanu is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 10 Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere Spooky
Posts: 17,258
Le Fanu 
Citizen

Le Fanu's Avatar

Got it this morning. Quick glance at the first few (of 29) pages. Looks good. That's a good size; The text can probably be read through in a weekend - but that's not including doing the exercises etc. I'm going to do this properly.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #7
Tag_jorrit's Avatar
Tag_jorrit  Tag_jorrit is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 03 Jun 2011
Location: gameofhopelenormand.bigcartel.com
Posts: 538
Tag_jorrit 
Citizen

Tag_jorrit's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barleywine View Post
It's not so much the amateurism that gets to me, it's the relentless revisionism by those who either don't get the literal potency of Lenormand, or are simply trying to sell a "better mousetrap." It's a beautifully simple system that doesn't need to be "psychologized" or "tarot-ized." Hopeful this material will hew close to a traditional core.
He is is as much a traditionalist as you will find. When I repro'd his cards he insisted that there would be no additional cards. In his view the Rider and Snake are the alternative love interests -- main and extracurricular.

Hmmm... where does that leave children and women riding horses in some of the new decks?
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #8
Tag_jorrit's Avatar
Tag_jorrit  Tag_jorrit is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 03 Jun 2011
Location: gameofhopelenormand.bigcartel.com
Posts: 538
Tag_jorrit 
Citizen

Tag_jorrit's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Fanu View Post
Got it this morning. Quick glance at the first few (of 29) pages. Looks good. That's a good size; The text can probably be read through in a weekend - but that's not including doing the exercises etc. I'm going to do this properly.
So, have you had time to play with it yet?
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #9
Le Fanu's Avatar
Le Fanu  Le Fanu is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 10 Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere Spooky
Posts: 17,258
Le Fanu 
Citizen

Le Fanu's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag_jorrit View Post
So, have you had time to play with it yet?
Yes! Done my Learner's Deck and I'm having to unlearn certain card connotations - like Moon is work - but I'm impressed. I'm working through it in bite-sized pieces so as to be able to digest.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #10


 


Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.