Death. Major

Free Spirit

I see what you mean about the tower.
Your right it doesn't look like destruction.
I'm sure I will get the hang of reading the cards.
I've just got to keep on practicing.

Upto four years I was a practicing spiritualist medium. I used to run a spiritualist church and run workshops.
I became ill and had to stop.
I lost alot of my confidence. I hope that by connecting with people at A.T will help me gain some of my confidence back.
I think thats why i get so inpatient with the cards. Because I can't understand how come I'm not linking as well with them, like I used to with my Guide.

Free Spirit

Thanks Memries.
I've just read the bit about snails.
Not sure how that relates to the Death card.
I'll try to get some time tomorrow to reflect on the card and see if anything else comes up.

memries

Well a snail is slow. I remember my Mother who was 91 when she did pass on saying. "What have I ever done wrong ? Nobody up there wants me. All my friends have gone and here I am." So for her, poor soul, the process of getting on with it and dying was very slow.

Dying is very fast really it only takes a second. Getting there to the point of doing so takes time, most times. Hence the slow progress of the Snail ?

memries

I have a good friend who is very psychic, a natural medium. She is not taken with the cards although has several decks but not her prime function.
I did a reading for her and between us, it turned out to be just a super reading. I was reading cards and she was getting messages. We would make a great team. I am not a medium at all I don't think.

Sometimes one person is not called to both aspects. If you have been ill it will take you time and interest to resume your connections. Even then it may manifest in another way. Just go slowly and be aware that's all. Thinking about you, Memries

Free Spirit

I believe that they way I worked with Spirit has changed.

Becoming Ill was and still is a valiable lesson for me.
Spirit have way if you don't take any notice of the signs of letting you know when that change of direction comes.
Its possible that I will connect with my guide again through the cards.
Maybe I hav'nt recieved the right deck yet.
I know that actually all this is quite apt for the death card.
I've got to learn to let go of what I had, and embrace whats ahead of me.

rcb30872

Free Spirit said:
There are lots of things to look at in this card.
There the egg hanging from a piece of wire I think.
Egg means procreation, new life. Also infinity, because its shape has no beginning and no end. In ancient time, the egg was a symbol of fertility and rebirth.
Free Spirit said:
She has got one blue eye and one red eye.
It looks like those 3-D glasses that you would wear when you go and see a 3D movie, LOL.

Green is the colour of spring, freshness, new growth, fetility, nature, freedom, joy, hope and resurrection. Compounded of blue and yellow, green is the mystic colour, the link between the natural and supernatural. Green signifies abundance, prosperity and stability

Red is the most aggressive colour, symbolises blood, anger, fire, passion, wounds, war, slaughter, danger, threat, revolution, strenght, anarchy, martyrdom, courage and health and virility.
Free Spirit said:
I'm not sure what the necklace is meant to represent.
Looks like an eclipse to me, or at least the sun in the background, and the moon in the foreground of the necklace.
Free Spirit said:
This Fey looks thoroughly fed up.
I wouldn't say fed up, I would say daydreaming, or off in a world in her own.

rcb30872

memries said:
Why is she wearing a band around her one arm ?
I think that is a traditional thing, where someone has died, you wear like a black armbands: Mourning
Friends, acquaintances, and employees wore mourning to a greater or lesser degree depending on their relationship with the deceased. In general, servants wore black armbands when there had been a death in the household.

memries

Rcb you said the red/green eye reminds you of 3D glasses. That remark led me to think that with 3D glasses you see things another way so you have two ways of seeing. The 3D adds dimension and depth to the color and shadows and perspective of the pictures. Really I have convinced myself now that it is another reason one eye is red and one green. She sees things differently than us.

Good point you made, what do you think ?

rcb30872

memries said:
Rcb you said the red/green eye reminds you of 3D glasses. That remark led me to think that with 3D glasses you see things another way so you have two ways of seeing. The 3D adds dimension and depth to the color and shadows and perspective of the pictures. Really I have convinced myself now that it is another reason one eye is red and one green. She sees things differently than us.

Good point you made, what do you think ?
Yeah, I agree with that. I think that it indicates that she is able to see things in a more in depth way, some of us might see something as just black and white, with no shades of grey allowed, others might see it just from their own point of view. If that is the case, then maybe this Fey is able to see the varying shades of grey, as well as being able to see things from not just her's, but other's, point of view.

Which makes me think that we know of four dimensions, but there is a fifth dimension, apparently, maybe that indicates that she is able to see this fifth dimension, which others may not be able to do so. :confused: