OSHO Zen Study Group: XII New Vision

Indigo Rose

"The figure on this card is being born anew, emerging from his earthbound roots and growing wings to fly into the unbounded. The geometric shapes around the body of the firure show the many dimensions of life simultaneously available to him. The square represents the physical, the manifest, the known. The circle represents the unmanifest, the spirit, pure space. And the triangle symbolizes the threefold nature of the universe: manifest, unmanifest, and the human being who contains both."Osho Zen Tarot, by Osho

I love how the figure grows from the ground and morphs into something with wings. This card communicates to me the raising up from the earth bound concerns, and taking flight into the highest dimensions of the spiritual; to the eternal which it truly unbounded. :)

pleroma

I like this image a lot as well. The crawling figure seems so preoccupied with and weighed down by the ground beneath him. His nose is 'pressed to the grindstone' but as a result he has lost perspective and vitality. And suddenly he recognizes the light in the sky as being the light within himself and he begins to dance and worship the full world around him. This adds so much to my understanding of the traditional hanged man, when he is hanging the sky is mainly what he sees. It opens up his sense of wonder and frees him from the self-consciousness of looking down as he walks. Beautiful card

Judith D

The crawling figure is solidly rooted in the earth, morphing to the mobile, agile winged figure - so active, so energetic, so supple. Just how I want my mind to be! As the book says, it's an opportunity to see all dimensions of life, from the depths to the heights, and to recognise that we contain all of these things all the time.
The analogy to the hanged man of traditional tarot is close, I feel - a new perspective, a new way of looking at yourself and your life - a New Vision indeed.
I like the vein-like markings. Very root-like in the crawling figure, to leaf-like in the thighs of the new being, to the feathers of flight. Very upwardly mobile.

squeakmo9

I love that light green silhouette of the figure crawling as well, because it's been at these times when I have had my greatest revelations. Help has always arrived in many different ways, all hoisting me up, to heights I never thought were there to reach.
I see this "hanged man" as a celebration of the human spirit, and recognition that we are, indeed, spirits first. All the human stuff that tends to drag us down can only serve to raise us up, emotionally, spiritually to a stronger/higher plateau. A gorgeous card.

firecatpickles

This is the third time I have come back to this card & this thread trying to make sense out of it. I don't like it. I miss my little hanged man thingy.

I don't see this as a positive card. The colors are "off." The greenish and reddish chakras are in the wrong place, only half of the figure (neither male nor female) is shedding its skin. Reptillian-like. It goes from the submissive "cat & cow" asana --very comfortable-- to the "warrior II asana. Very aggressive.

Even the geometric shapes seem odd, as if it were leaving the stability of the square into an uncertain sphere of existence.

purple_scorp

Stare at an object......then close both eyes.

Now, open the left one only. Then, close the left and open the right one only.

Your vision of the object changes. You are looking at it from a different perspective.

This is part of the message of this card. Don't crawl along the ground, always looking for the worst in everyone and everything. Instead, look up and take a fresh and new look at the world.

The wings give you the freedom to remain in this place, or fly off when you are ready.

The shapes are all intertwined and so, we are part of everything and everything is part of us in the Universe.

with love
purple_scorp

Master_Margarita

This is an example of a card that looks totally different from the traditional Hanged Man yet, in my mind, stays very true to many, many of the conventional associations with this card.

I pulled the LWB from one of my RWS clone decks--a deck as different in "personality" and artwork from the Osho Zen as one could possibly imagine--and among the listed meanings for Card XII are:

*Transcendence and illumination
*Spiritual surrender
*Enlightenment--perhaps by seeing things a whole new way
*Letting go

There's a hint of travel up through the chakras in the way the coloring of the card shifts, although kilts_knave is quite correct that there is considerable "artistic license" in the ordering.

I think this is a very deep card, and I wasn't expecting it to be. This deck is full of surprises.