Surrealist Tarot

MeeWah

I meant to indicate to add me to the list. Thanks!

cronegoddess54

This is a very interesting deck! Just love the black and white which I usually don't care for at all. This deck has great art work and an interesting take on readings. Sort of just a tad... reminded me of Deviant Moon. Not that is is anything like it, but the thought struck me. Maybe because it is unique and on the wild side!
CG54

sacredashes

:) Am waiting for the graphic designer to get the print layout done. More info on the dimension and packaging once I get the sample from the printer.

**truelighth, Gerbear, Seeker*13*, MeeWah...on the list already.. Glad you're in for the ride :*

cronegoddess54.. this deck reminds me a little bit of Giger and Lovecraft, art-wise in that there are pictures inspired by bio-mech, old school occult black and white illustrations and then there is The Blob :confused:

Adding on to the enigma is the artist's non-conformist take on tarot as in its not strictly RWS or Thoth structure based; in fact.. I was told that he also drew inspiration from Lavey's Personality Synthesizer.. which would not make Lich's statement entirely wrong; not entirely right either.

Yes, definitely a wild one and maybe that's what makes it hard to nail down in one sitting.

Never spoke to the artist myself but when I asked for the bio, I got a story that is as wonky as the meanings he provided for the cards. :D

:heart:

Ash

Melancholy

I shouldn't like this deck, but I do. The online readings were dead on with a twisted humor.

This deck (from what I've seen so far) tells it like it is like a good friend that looks you in the eye and says bullshit and you both start laughing because you both know they're right. It gets to the heart of the matter while giving one a sheepish grin at the same time. Love that!

la-luna

sacredashes said:
:) Am waiting for the graphic designer to get the print layout done. More info on the dimension and packaging once I get the sample from the printer.

**truelighth, Gerbear, Seeker*13*, MeeWah...on the list already.. Glad you're in for the ride :*

cronegoddess54.. this deck reminds me a little bit of Giger and Lovecraft, art-wise in that there are pictures inspired by bio-mech, old school occult black and white illustrations and then there is The Blob :confused:

Adding on to the enigma is the artist's non-conformist take on tarot as in its not strictly RWS or Thoth structure based; in fact.. I was told that he also drew inspiration from Lavey's Personality Synthesizer.. which would not make Lich's statement entirely wrong; not entirely right either.

Yes, definitely a wild one and maybe that's what makes it hard to nail down in one sitting.

Never spoke to the artist myself but when I asked for the bio, I got a story that is as wonky as the meanings he provided for the cards. :D

:heart:

Ash

there is a list? - add add addddd me :D

gregory

sacredashes said:
OY ! So was I - from day one :( Lucy will get you for this.... :)

firemaiden

I do not like it. It creeps me out. For a surrealist-ish deck, I like the Dream Cards.

gregory

Really, FM ? What is it that creeps you ? Are there other decks that have this effect for you ? - I love creepy....

Mind you, I still hope for Magritte on a deck... that IS creepy !

firemaiden

Ach, it reminds me of the drawings the boys used to pass around in English class to creep out the girls, headless bleeding reindeer in Santa's arms ... it's all chopped off limbs, and enormous bugs, plus it's all been done before. Sorry.

gregory

firemaiden said:
Ach, it reminds me of the drawings the boys used to pass around in English class to creep out the girls, headless bleeding reindeer in Santa's arms ... it's all chopped off limbs, and enormous bugs, plus it's all been done before. Sorry.
Wow ! I wish I had been in your English class.

We never got anything like that. And I don't think I've seen anything quite like this either. I am deprived, clearly... :(