sola busca tarot

harperevan

So, I just bought a Sola Busca deck on Ebay for 90 dollars.

Should I buy the companion book?

Any good tips for studying / working with the deck? Good websites?

Did I get a good price on it? I know it's OOP and I've seen it listed on AT for around $60, but on Amazon for multiple hundreds, so it's hard to get an idea of what it's really worth.

I'm thrilled either way, I've been looking for this deck for a looong time.

Lemme know what yall think!

Gulliver

I could get a Sola Busca Tarot but don't know what could be a correct price. I can't believe the prices at amazon-de. There are faksimile tarots on the market, which are more affordable than the versions of Lo Scarabeo?
This tarot I speaking about is the "Illuminating Ancient Tarots" from 1995. The cards are not very big and the colours aren't the original colours, it differs a little bit. What would you think could be a correct price?

rylla

Just as info:

There is a Sola Busca deck by by Wolfgang Mayer , 1998: http://youtu.be/K9uf6qKzmlY

I haven't seen it but herd it's beautiful. Contact: giordano.berti@gmail.com

No idea about the price.

Seven Stars (AT member) did the Sola Busca Revisited deck, really worth checking it out. A won't describe it as there are lots of posts about it on AT.

Gulliver

Thanks, rylla. I know that there are others on the market. The Il Meneghello would be to add. But these decks cost not more than 90 € I think. That's why I'm very surprised to see the prices of the LoS decks (mostly more than 200 €), which are not comparable with an Il Meneghello for instance.
I want to pay not too much for the LoS, but also don't want to give the man who sells too less.

conurelover

I got mine in the trading forum along with a couple other historicals. It is a numbered Wolfgang Mayer. It is beautiful. If there is a study group forming, count me in....

Debra

I also have the Wolfgang Mayer deck; it's lovely.

Harperevan, in my opinion, it's impossible to rationally explain the prices of tarot decks. It's some kind of insanity.

The important thing is, I hope you like it :)

rylla

I've seen adds on eBay about mass market decks (not even OOP) at a hilarious price! Same with Amazon. These are not good references. Only decks that were sold last half a year or so give some kind of reference (among many other factors of course).

I remember there was a Mythic (or Mystic?) tarot on eBay, the seller asked around $1000 ? (or so) for it (apparently it was a 'haunted' deck!). Well, that doesn't necessarily mean he sold it for that money. What I mean by this is that I noticed that prices on eBay lately (and many time Amazon too) are all over the place.

Gulliver

You are right, rylla. That's a good point, it sounds logical, that lot of decks will not be sold for such horrendous prices. 1000 € - heavy. Thanks for your clarifying comment!